• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
I'm up for whatever but the Kyoto capital period of feudal japan would be dope AF and has basically been all anyone has asked for since AC2.

The issue is there was very little of *height* back then, but the series has largely moved away from super tall structures in any case. So, yeah do it.

Id love one set during the fall of Rome or Hannibals invasion.

Sign me up for whatever.

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
That has nothing to do with my question though lol. Those regions don't really have an established type of stealthy warrior.

I don't see them making the Japanese Assassin a Samurai because it looks like Ghost of Tsushima is already doing that.

Ubisoft usually tries to do something original with what their assassins are. That's pretty difficult when you go to the country that has ninjas

Haha, my brain's farting.

Though in Black Flag, there is an Assassin order already established, but they choose to go with non-Assassin character. But yeah, you are correct, it would be weird if they don't go for ninja route.

Though it would be cool if there are two playable character, one a ninja and one a samurai.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
pretty sure there was a rumor before Origins came out about an Assassins Creed game set during Ancient Rome. Aside from that, I really like the Joan of Arc and Fuedal Japan. They really need to do something in Japan.

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
That has nothing to do with my question though lol. Those regions don't really have an established type of stealthy warrior.

I don't see them making the Japanese Assassin a Samurai because it looks like Ghost of Tsushima is already doing that.

Ubisoft usually tries to do something original with what their assassins are. That's pretty difficult when you go to the country that has ninjas
There's more to ninja than how they're usually portrayed, and I've got no doubt that Ubisoft wouldn't be content with only drawing inspiration for their MC's look and abilities from ninja alone.

And there's still a lot of room to portray feudal japan uniquely within mainstream entertainment, especially for Assassin's Creed.

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul

Though in Black Flag, there is an Assassin order already established, but they choose to go with non-Assassin character. But yeah, you are correct, it would be weird if they don't go for ninja route.

Though it would be cool if there are two playable character, one a ninja and one a samurai.

Yeah, I'd love Japan but it'd be really hard to do and stay unique.

2 playable characters like that would be pretty cool. It'd be kinda interesting if they weren't allies too.

There's more to ninja than how they're usually portrayed, and I've got no doubt that Ubisoft wouldn't be content with only drawing inspiration for their MC's look and abilities from ninja alone.

Oh yeah I know that they'd do a good job with it. I didn't mean to make it seem like I was saying that ninjas are too simple or something.

Just that it'd be alot more difficult to pull off something super unique for AC Feudal Japan in comparison to all of the other potential settings.
Especially since alot of ppl would see Feudal Japan and end up wanting Ninjas

I kinda think they'd have a little more creative freedom with something like the Meiji Restoration

Last edited:

wandering

flâneur
Oct 25, 2017
I'd be down to play a Russian communist assassin.

The Mongol Empire would be really cool too, but I dunno how you'd make an AC game out of that.

gfxtwin

Use of alt account
Oct 28, 2017
You know which setting is already used all the time in games? Feudal Japan. And the upcoming Ghosts of Tsushima is shaping up to be the Red Dead Redemption of Feudal Japan games, so yeah.

You know what setting is criminally underutilized in games? Aztec Empire.

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica
I'm all for Rome or Joan of Arc scenarios, but I've been wanting them to do feudal Japan for years now. Asia assassians need some love.