• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
I don't remember seeing this one before so I apologize if it is old gameplay.

Honestly this looks like Origins/Odyssey with new coat of paint. Same gameplay loop, reused audio cues, same limited puzzles of moving things around in limited space... At least it looks like that you actually can assassinate people this time.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it just looks like Origins/Odyssey with a new coat of paint, but I'm still looking forward to it. A Vikings AC game has been a want of mine for a while so I'm glad we're finally getting it.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Origins and Odyssey were two of my favorite games of last gen, so I'm okay with more of that tbh. I'm not sick of the formula yet, it's a fun game to mellow out and just mess around in

TeraDax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Québec
I'm really on the fence about that one. I looooved Odyssey. Kassandra was a great character, loved the setting, like the scale of the world.
But then, so many game are releasing soon...

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
When I saw who started the thread I was surprised. Let it go, the franchise has gone in another direction lol.

Ravio-li

Dec 24, 2018
I'm about to finish Origins and while I managed to like it in the end I don't want to see this formula again. Honestly, playing Unity for the first time right now and I have way more fun with the old formula + big dense cities.

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I definitely feel like this will be an AC Unity deal. Pushed out way too fucking soon and riddled with bugs.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
visually it looks both good and bad simultaneously, wonder how they did that

Wesker

Aug 3, 2020
I am getting it for free, I wil play it a bit.
Otherwise I would not be interested one bit.

They need to overhaul the series once again.

Kain3984

Oct 27, 2017
Considering I put over 100+ hours into Origins and 250+ hours into Odyssey (played through it twice 100%'ing the game both times as Kassandra then Alexios... yes I'm nuts), I'm ok with the similar formula. :)

GazRB

Oct 25, 2017
I loved Origins and skipped Odyssey so im actually really looking forward to this one.

Oct 25, 2017
Looks very generic Assassins Creed, I think I'm just burned out on it after the last too. Doesn't seem different at all, basically a DLC/skin.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
im still pretty pumped for this despite everything. And I agree that most of the footage looks bad.
But I feel that there will be a huge quality jump in the gameplay footage when its shown next by ubisoft, compared to previous showings which were likely from very old buids.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
I think I had a lifetime fill of this type of AssCreed with Origins.

HMD

Oct 26, 2017
At least graphically it isn't as ugly as the previous two games. I'm cautiously optimistic, wish they'd take out the RPG elements though.

TheBored23

Aug 10, 2018
As someone who liked Origins and loved Odyssey, yeah sure I'll take more of that. I appreciate that there's more stealth in this footage than we've really seen before

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
It's weird because I'm very excited about this game, but at the same time I have no rush at all to play it. So I'll just wait. Plenty of other games around that time.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
I still can´t get over the fact that this franchise was "rebooted" with Origins because the old formula was getting stale and they´ve gone ahead and just repeated the formula for the third time now again but it even felt like too much of the same with Odyssey already...

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
No thanks

Not a fan of new formula AC; I understand at the same time why there had to be a change but I wish that both could co-exist

Oct 27, 2017
AC Origins was a great game so if this is close to that one I'm all in. I couldn't get into Odyssey because the world and story were less captivating and it felt more bloated than Origins. The changes they've made to Valhalla all sound like proper improvements and it's the same team behind Origin's world and the same writer behind Black Flag so I'm pretty excited.

m29a

Oct 25, 2017
Thought Origins was solid, but loved Odyssey. I'll absolutely take more of that gameplay loop. Ever since they went in this direction with more RPG elements, I've become a fan of the series and am looking forward to this.

thebigword

Oct 27, 2017
Will wait to play this 3 months after it's release when the Gold/Ultimate or whatever edition is on sale for 39.99 or less.

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
I'm probably going to skip this. I loved Origins and Odyssey, but this looks not as interesting as Egypt/Greece and Bayek/Cassandra.
Maybe in a few years for 10 bucks.

And yes too many other interesting games.

Coolsambob

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
This looks so much worse graphically and mechanically than Origins. I'm sure it will look better once out and in motion, but no footage I've seen so far has been good.