• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
NSwitch_AstralChain_07.jpg

As part of a police special task force, it's up to you to fight against mysterious, alien-like creatures who have invaded the world.

In the Ark, a multi-cultural city in the near future, disaster strikes when gates to another dimension suddenly appear! Dangerous creatures begin to emerge, attacking the people and polluting the land, and normal police forces are unable to compete with them. To stand up against these threats, a brand new, special police unit known as Neuron is formed.

Choose between two playable characters – one male, one female – on your adventure. The character you don't choose also appears as your younger twin, and a fellow member of Neuron.

Work together with the Legion and use all sorts of combat styles to fight your enemies. You could both attack the same enemy simultaneously, target different opponents, or send your Legion on the offensive while you support it with items. Use this synergetic action system to battle and explore together!
NSwitch_AstralChain_02.jpg

NSwitch_AstralChain_01.jpg

NSwitch_AstralChain_03.jpg

NSwitch_AstralChain_04.jpg

NSwitch_AstralChain_08.jpg

NSwitch_AstralChain_05.jpg

NSwitch_AstralChain_06.jpg

NSwitch_AstralChain_15.jpg

NSwitch_AstralChain_13.jpg

NSwitch_AstralChain_10.jpg

NSwitch_AstralChain_11.jpg

NSwitch_AstralChain_12.jpg

NSwitch_AstralChain_14.jpg

Last edited:

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Ah, so it's World Trigger with adult police lol, hope we get some good gameplay chunks soon.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
They should release a demo for this. I don't think the trailer sold what the combat system is supposed to be.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
Can't wait for this game. Hopefully a demo comes out to try it.

I'll buy it anyways just to support Platinum release

Last edited:

Opa-Opa

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 16, 2018
This game has "won't sell well" written all over it, but still looks good.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm really glad Ninty is pushing this one a lot more compared to W101. August is gonna be lit between this and Control!

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
Yup this is one of my most anticipated games of the year. Pre-ordered and everything and I rarely do that :P

They should release a demo for this. I don't think the trailer sold what the combat system is supposed to be.

I'm sure they will tell more about the combat later on, a feature at E3 would be pretty expected I'd say.

daybreak

Feb 28, 2018
Damn, this game has some style. Moving this one up on my hype list...very curious to see how it reviews.

Factory 1.21

Oct 29, 2017
Colorado, USA
"The character you don't choose also appears as your younger twin, and a fellow member of Neuron."

Younger twin? How much age difference could there be? A few minutes?

EDIT: I was asking "Why does it matter? Why does anyone care? Of what possible actual significance could it possibly be? Doesn't humanity have more serious issues to contend with than the relative ages of twins?"

It was a rhetorical question. No more answers, please.

Last edited:

Masterspeed

Oct 25, 2017
England
I didn't realise how much I want this game. The art and world look right up my ally. Gives me a Freedom Wars vibe, but with more future and less... Fucked up cheap/rich future.

Oct 27, 2017
Havana, Cuba
Yes, they are. The Platinum and Nintendo websites were just updated with them with the new story details. Nintendo just tweeted this, too.

No, they're not. I've had them since February 13 when I got them from Platinum's website along with a bunch more. This same thing has happened about twice before with this game and it will probably happen again. Every time I see "New Astral Chain screenshots" I already know they're old ones before checking. What's more, a lot of the screenshots released so far are just screengrabs from the trailer to begin with.

Last edited:

irishonion

Oct 25, 2017
I obviously know it's not fully explorable, however I do hope we have some sense of freedom in the city.

UsoEwin

Banned
Jul 14, 2018
No way the final product comes out that clean. I just hope the framerate is stable, even if they cap it at 30.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Those pictures look reeeaallly clean. I wonder if uhh... they're running on a Switch Pro or something.

Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait for the Switch 2 remaster, this looks too clean, lmao.

Seriously, though, so damn cool. Expecting great things from Taura!

Oct 25, 2017
Don't think these are new, but I appreciate the confidence and the constant tweets about it.
Was disappointed that with bayo2 on switch, they basically didn't tweet about it till it released but they're doing more for this game.
Excited for it