• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

dusan

Aug 2, 2020
Personally, I'm glad it will be a full Next Generation experience if It's true.

Battlefield 6 might not be coming to previous generation consoles, according to a well-known leaker.

If you're still gaming on your PS4 or Xbox One, then you might want to think about upgrading if you want to play Battlefield 6 when it releases later this year. This is according to leaker Tom Henderson, who has previously leaked information about the slightly futuristic setting of Battlefield 6.

www.gamesradar.com

Battlefield 6 is coming to PS4 and Xbox One, EA confirms

Despite rumors to the contrary, Battlefield 6 is launching on last-gen consoles alongside current-gen platforms

Last edited:

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
I'd be shocked if this were the case. Game pass would go a long way toward filling out the user base but idk :/ Still not sure if there will be enough next-gen consoles out there by this fall

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
Couldn't them simply make the GP version next gen only?
Edit: This reveal can't come soon enough, every day we hear something different regarding if is crossgen ir not.

s y

Nov 8, 2017
Launching on gamepass even if through a long way play trial would make sense of that's the case.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Give me the best battlefield game possible not held back and with insane destruction please.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
If this is 128 players, they'd be forced to cap it to 64 players for last gen.

There would likely not be cross-gen play either. Plus, the frame rate would be questionable if they have new destruction elements that are meant to take advantage of current gen. Throw in the Corona virus limitations + the need to perfect the launch of this game after BFV's legacy, and it makes sense as to why maybe they are better off just nailing 1 version

Darkader

Banned
Jan 9, 2021
They need to abandon the previous gen and I hope they do.

Let this new battlefield not be held back in the slightest.

Hero Prinny

Oct 25, 2017
I would love to upgrade to a xsx but Microsoft seems to only be making 5 at a time to each retailer and then you factor in bots and its just a complete wash

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
Good. I'd like to see what they can do with destruction with more CPU power than 2 tablets from 2013 taped together.

Vimto

Oct 29, 2017
I imagine playtesting mulitple versions is a nightmare in the current situation.

Make sense to focus on next gen only and polish as much as possible.

By fall, the player base would be much bigger than what it is today.

AHA-Lambda

Oct 25, 2017
Wouldn't be surprised, BF has tended to be a franchise that drops last gen support first quicker than others, from what I recall

Stone Dudeman

Oct 27, 2017
Battlefield is usually primarily PC, isn't it?

Sucks for those folks still on last gen but it'll probably make for a better game.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Ofc they are not gonna skip out on a massive last gen install base for a game that was in development for the last 3 years.

That's what I thought.
But guess that's how you counter CoD....

Jul 26, 2018
This is the only rumor I don't believe in...

This is a company where they've released BF4 back on PS3 on a terrible state. There's no way they will ditch the old consoles. But if they do, i'll be happy with the choice. I'm calling it... there will be a Gamepass exclusive deal and a BF6 bundle for the new Xbox consoles (maybe even a new custom Xbox too!). They've done it with BF1 and BFV.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
If it does come out on last gen it'll have to be a different product, they could not handle 128 players.

Violater

Nov 19, 2017
Good, the current Gen consoles under-delivered enough IMO. No need to saddle the game down even further.

DuvalDevil

Nov 18, 2020
Oh yes. Hopefully BF will be next gen only. That game would melt eyes...

And Day 1 on GP would be massive. Not just for Xbox users but for the game itself. Hopefully the new game will be a return to it's former glory. Hot damn!

MetalKhaos

Oct 31, 2017
Could have sworn EA/DICE already said this was going to be the case in regards to the next Battlefield game.

KDC720

Oct 25, 2017
If they put it out on Xbox One and Ps4 they would have to make big concessions. I tried playing some BF4 on Series X the other day and forgot that it was 720p, it looked real rough. 1 and V looked a lot better but if they are planning to go all out with 128 players then it's best to leave the last gen consoles behind.

Oct 25, 2017
I just can't believe this rumour because Battlefield 6 being a huge tentpole for EA this year, and not also making this game on the previous gen installbase collectively between the PS4 and Xbox One being 160 million is just crazy to me. Especially when the new consoles have severe supply issues and are very hard to find and are sold out instantaneously everywhere? It's I'll believe when I see it to me.

At best there will definitely be exclusive features for next gen like the 120 person servers, or unless it's like an Assassin's Creed Rogue/Unity situation but there's been no rumours even hinting at that.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
To be honest, it makes sense based off of what (little) we saw at E3 from EA and the tech/graphics that they were working on for the next Battlefield game

But then, it's probably still worth gutting it (if even possible) to just hit that massive playerbase on last gen. This is the type of game that would move people over to new consoles though and be an evergreen title. Depends on how EA sees it.

Eamon

Prophet of Truth
Apr 22, 2020
Wait, Battlefield is coming to Game Pass Day 1? Or is that part of his "theory"?
It's a separate, existing rumor - I believe there was a games podcast where an insider suggested that a AAA FPS will be launching in Game Pass this Fall. Everyone has taken to thinking they were implying Battlefield.

Considering the lack of momentum for the IP, and its' apparently Next-Gen only status, Game Pass seems like a likely release point.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Considering the lack of momentum for the IP, and its' apparently Next-Gen only status, Game Pass seems like a likely release point.
Why would it being next gen only push to get it on Game Pass, I am kinda missing the logic here.
Having an early next gen only game will have a ton of early console adopters jump in on this from everywhere "a game to truly utilize my console, now thats something I am willing to spend $70 on".

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Good. Battlefield 4 was way too ambitious for 360/PS3 and they shouldn't even have attempted making it cross gen. Don't make the same mistake again, or worse, hold 6 back.