• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
It's like I'm looking through a fish eye lens, gross

games gorgeous though, gonna wait till March for BR

Deleted member 35653

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 8, 2017
Thank to all of you for the replies. Really appreciated, and please don't be rude just because I come from COD :P

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't like BF1. What are the differences in this one? Other than the setting obviously.

Old Conquest rules are back. Far less running in circles due to no full health regen and needing to rely on health packs and ammo packs. More flags are held and defended rather than abandoned (at least in beta).

More cover and tactical gameplay utilized, like using cover, falling back, staying closer to teammates, etc

Squads can revive each other, no RNG gunplay, no more infinite ammo vehicles camping and sniping from a distance, reinforcements are a significant factor (build fortifications, trenches, repair destroyed things, etc). Squad leaders can now call in abilities

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
The old conquest rules being back is so nice. You actually get good games that are really close.

You can actually stage a late game rally too.

jem

Oct 25, 2017
Everyone says this game is more tactical than previous BFs but my experience in the beta was that sprinting around with an SMG playing like CoD was by far the most effective tactic.

The TTK was just too low, any chance they've increased it since?

Mar 17, 2018
Old Conquest rules are back. Far less running in circles due to no full health regen and needing to rely on health packs and ammo packs. More flags are held and defended rather than abandoned (at least in beta).

More cover and tactical gameplay utilized, like using cover, falling back, staying closer to teammates, etc

Squads can revive each other, no RNG gunplay, no more infinite ammo vehicles camping and sniping from a distance, reinforcements are a significant factor (build fortifications, trenches, repair destroyed things, etc). Squad leaders can now call in abilities
That sounds like a good change of pace. I like both styles to be honest. I bet I will pick this one up a bit after launch.

Mar 17, 2018
Everyone says this game is more tactical than previous BFs but my experience in the beta was that sprinting around with an SMG playing like CoD was by far the most effective tactic.

The TTK was just too low, any chance they've increased it since?

Yeah they been going lower and lower again as the youtubers complain. Not sure I really like that aspect but we will see. I still love a good BF1 match.

Shmunter

Banned
May 28, 2018
Jack Frags confirms solid gameplay, but game does not feel like WW2 and is disappointing for fans with traditional WW2 imagery in mind. Crazy prosthetics and face makeup has been removed.

Confirms my wait status.

Vipu

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Jack Frags confirms solid gameplay, but game does not feel like WW2 and is disappointing for fans with traditional WW2 imagery in mind. Crazy prosthetics and face makeup has been removed.

Confirms my wait status.

What about the fans who dont care? Like myself, if the game is good then its good and that is what matters.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
"The Recon class in BFV is perfect for patient players"

Well Duh !

Did you play recon in BF1?
Hell even in BF4 you could play a really aggressive sniper...patients not needed.

You could very easily play the Recon class like you were an Assault.

Im a horrible classic sniper(because im not patient) i still manged to level my Recon far by just playing the game in an aggressive fashion.

That coupled with the spot gun and the Recon class effectively becomes an inpatients man favorite class....you dont know where the enemy is? spot gun.
Get a rifle with a relatively close sweet spot.
When out of ammo retreat and drop a tripwire behind ya ass.

Shmunter

Banned
May 28, 2018
What about the fans who dont care? Like myself, if the game is good then its good and that is what matters.

Don't care about what? Game is a sum of it's parts. Some good, some bad. What's important or what you care about is subjective and entirely an individuals choice. Not quite sure what you are trying to ask me, if it's safe for you to buy it?

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017

Confirms my wait status.
Yeah its worrying to hear

2 maps in 6 months. He criticized the dlc map as being an open field for tanks and rushed. It concerns me that they arent hitting the iconic WWII maps and settings right away

They seem to be drawing out those big maps, but I wonder if people will care in 2 years to play its dlc of DDay.

Zappy

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
It looks really good but I still feel its super hard to make out the enemy soldiers on these maps. Like half of LVLCAPS kills - I don't even see the enemy!

Railgun

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
EA Access trial is up, downloading now. Willing to give the game a chance as I was really looking forward to a WW2 Battlefield but the Beta was so terrible. Hope the campaign is a pleasant surprise and the multiplayer is a massive improvement. Hope the customisation isn't too ridiculous.

IgnotumCL

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Can confirm. I'm playing right now.

tumblr_ob64rzJDUV1uzwicgo1_500.gif

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Just watched the jackfrags vid. Man, I'm still not feeling this game. And there's some serious negatives he mentions there. Gonna pick it up eventually but don't think this will be a day one buy for me.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
It's funny as I was apathetic to the Battlefield series since BF4 but reading about BF5 got me excited about playing the series again. But then I played the beta and it just did nothing for me so it's something I'll maybe pick up in a sale.

Chick3n

Nov 6, 2018
I just played through the intro thanks to EA Access on Xbox and damn that was impressive. It's a lot like the Battlefield 1 intro.

Graphics were really impressive too.