• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

WaffleTaco

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/n...f-state/ar-AAuLdwL?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp

With the reading of their own version of a Declaration of Independence, founders of the state of New California took the first steps to what they hope will eventually lead to statehood. CBS Sacramento reports they don't want to leave the United States, just California.
"Well, it's been ungovernable for a long time. High taxes, education, you name it, and we're rated around 48th or 50th from a business climate and standpoint in California," said founder Robert Paul Preston.
The state of New California would incorporate most of the state's rural counties, leaving the urban coastal counties to the current state of California.

aNsuMEZ.jpg

The group is organized with committees and a council of county representatives, but say it will take 10 to 18 months before they are ready to fully engage with the state legislature.

Website for this movement: https://newcaliforniastate.com/

What do you say of this Californians?

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
This sounds silly

And goddamnit anyone who uses their middle name constantly is almost always a goober

gig

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Yes. Because putting yourself in a bubble has always served a net positive in human history.

Oct 27, 2017
Instead of people attacking this, should we acknowledge that it is indeed possible for a new state to be created in our country?

The question is, what becomes a recognized state first, New California, or Puerto Rico

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
They've been trying this crap for decades. At one point it would be North California (all the Northern counties with trees) and South California (Sacramento and below). Most people just laugh at it, like they have been for over thirty years.

Meatfist

Oct 25, 2017
Yawn, it's just conservatives upsetti with the coastal elites ruining their free market wet dreams

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
GO BEARS

RimBzHn.png

Interesting idea, I wonder what the constitutional process is. AFAIK a state cannot secede/split up into two parts, can it? A state can secede from the union if 75% of other states allow it but I don't know if there is a mechanism for a state to split into two.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I feel like the trouble in changing all the flags is the main reason we haven't made Puerto Rico, Guam, whatever into a state. This has about as much of a chance as the US giving up land to the sovereign nation of Hawaii.

AYF 001

Oct 28, 2017
"Rural white people aren't disproportionately over-represented enough!"

I really hope this backfires on them.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Super Gerrymandering Pro Turbo: New Red State Senators Edition

Chae3001

Oct 27, 2017
Ha. Ok, you want to cut yourself away from all the money making parts of the state, for some sort of ideological purity? Sure, assholes.

PS Fuck you, you can't have San Diego!

Damaniel

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
In other words, Calabama doesn't like to be attached to the successful, liberal part of the state. Obviously this 'secession' is a symbolic gesture, but I say let them go off and wallow in their misery then - they'd see soon enough how much they suffer when they don't have the teat of the Bay area and LA to suck from.