• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

m0therzer0

Mobile Gaming Product Manager
Verified
Nov 19, 2017
San Francisco bay area
Yeah I know, but still. The whole thing literally makes no practical sense. I suppose it makes 'political' sense if they look at how the counties vote. If ANYTHING Jefferson actually makes sense since the north and south are so different.

Also, I'm pretty sure they haven't considered water distribution at all with this dumb plan of theirs. Good luck with that ya'll.
Nothing about this really makes sense, and I'm not sure why they continue to try to divide the state like this.

Oct 28, 2017
Someone should inform them that they can have all the independence that they want, they just have to leave the land.

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
In the weak and the wounded
I'll give some free advice to graphic guy.

If you are going to have 'New California' under a giant bright gold star on the map, you might want to also have the area to be represented by 'New California' also be represented by this color, and not a dull blue,. It would also be beneficial, then, to not have 'Old California' highlighted the same bright gold color as the star above the label of 'New California', as people tend to associate the color of a label, above a label, or next to a label, as the color they should be looking for, to find the area that applies to the label.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
Good luck with that. Or you know, they could just move to Arizona. That place is pretty much becoming the Florida of the west.
I wonder if rural people just vote republican because they are mostly racist as shit.
Yes. That's usually what it is. No matter how many times they say otherwise, it's really hard to buy that they do it for economic reasons when most of them don't have shit to being with.

Ominym

Oct 25, 2017
Basically the "we don't like your liberal bullshit"-ifornia, haha.

What a terrible idea.

Deleted member 25600

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Well sure, I guess NC can do that....and then everybody else can laugh as their state economy tanks harder than anything has tanked before while OC would be very minimally affected.

Jom

Oct 25, 2017
Being from Orange county I unfortunately know that a lot of the people around me would be for this. Orange county is so much shittier than LA.

Freakylinks

Nov 4, 2017
As someone from sacramento or as a user called earlier "the parts nobody cared about" its pretty shocking seeing all the hate towards california in here ....like damn people! this happened before as you recall and its crazy folk around these parts and it will never happen. also dont fall for the hype of russian bots

http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-trending-41853131

Crimson-Death

Oct 27, 2017
Purgatory
7TpF2KK.gif

Stupid dumbasses going along with it.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
What is the draw to move to New California, it really doesn't have many beaches.

Guess you would still have Orange county and San Diego never mind.

Jom

Oct 25, 2017
What is the draw to move to New California, it really doesn't have many beaches.

Guess you would still have Orange county and San Diego never mind.
I'm offended that the OC and SD are included in this. There are definitely a lot of Trump supporters but we also aren't some of the KKK infested areas near the Sacramento area and some of the ultra rural areas in this supposed "New California".

That said, I wish I still lived in LA and not OC.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Oh boy, you would Calatonia-ize the situation?

Secession is not something that can be prohibited. It's a social right to stop relations.

Similar to Calatonia, people have a voice, and you cannot, cannot, tell someone they can't secede.

Lulz, yeah, lets just act stupid and create a major recession, because, why the fuck not.
Both (catalonia and California) are as stupid as they sound, no matter what the "people" want. And btw as stupid as the tabarnia joke (because, it is what the people have "chosen" no?)
BTW in all this cases, if you want a real secession you need to follow the law, something that none of the three options seem to do.
Lol, when the world (in general) needs to be more united than ever, to hear some stupid egomaniacs trying to secceed because the dream everynight of imaginary bullying....

Oct 27, 2017
BTW in all this cases, if you want a real secession you need to follow the law, something that none of the three options seem to do.
The united states declaration of independence from Britain was illegal and there was no path to american secession from Britain.

History decides who is right. End of story.

Getting America to recognize said independence is a little trickier, so this is a little different from the calatonia case in that respect.

Starmud

Oct 27, 2017
This stuff is silly, anyone who lives here knows their own map is false. Most of the counties they have highlighted as rural have large population centers and suburbs who are not republican friendly in the least

I am a Bird

Oct 31, 2017
I do like that the part of California that wishes to secede is the same area that lex Luthor was going to drop into the ocean.

TJG662

Oct 25, 2017
California
This is hella funny. First it won't happen. Cali development is changing many areas fast. Also the state's demographics are shifting as well. This is the the state of Jefferson people who I run into . Want to split part of the state but have no economic plan for after.

SillyGoose

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly California is too big. Probably should be split up. While we're at it might want to combine a few states too.

BlinkBlank

Oct 27, 2017
This comes up basically yearly. Just stop. This is just going to create even greater divides. The only way that I could say that we could split is North and South at like Fresno or Bakersfield. Right now its more, urban vs. rural.

Let's just work together and support one another.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm...this line seems to be the key

"without the consent of the legislatures of the states concerned as well as of the Congress"
seems to say they need to convince the rest of California to give them the OK.
now why would Califonia, a liberal state, allow the OK for their conservative side to split off and get EC votes ?

this is going to be strange to watch.
I mean yes, you've basically explained why this hasn't and never will go anywhere.