• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Unfortunately the rumors were falls, new content launching first on PS4 just confirmed via the PlayStation Twitter account at the end of the trailer

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
This is how the world of business works, my friends. PlayStation pushes Call of Duty like crazy during the holidays and it comes at a price (no Captain Price pun intended)

Broadbandit

Oct 29, 2017
Source? Huge if true

NtvM8lc.png

Sarobi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lol of course. As long as Sony continues to want to spend huge amounts of money on marketing deals, this shit will continue into next gen as well.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
God damn it. There just had to be a catch, didn't there?

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand what's the point of this late in the gen tbh? just to make sure they stay with them next gen?
how does that make sense when there is cross play?
You will only be able to pick new maps on PS4 for a week. Weapons is the problem tho. PS4 players will have an advantage of playing with new weapons against people who don't have them for a week, or maybe it'll also be blocked from croosplay until it's available everywhere?
Always for the players, I see. What a shitty move but expected from Sony.
I mean, it's a shitty move but for the players was clearly intented for their player base not everyone. Otherwise you should expect them to release their exclusives as well for everyone.

Alex840

Oct 31, 2017
So what happens when an Xbox person and a PlayStation person are playing together and only the PlayStation person has the new maps?

Seems completely counterintuitive to not having map packs.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Crossplay exclusive to xbox and PC?

Whenever new content drops atleast.

They still need to really clarify how their crossplay works.
Is it all platforms as in you could enter a match and have a person from Xbox, PC and PS4 all in one room.

Or is it fragmented platforms....PC players can join a match with either Xbox OR PS4 players but PS4 players never enter matches with XB1 players?

Cpt-GargameL

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's not bad. For instance Rainbow Six Siege season pass owners have access to operators 7 days earlier than non season pass owners if they have enough renown (in game credits) to buy the operator(s) 7 days isn't bad at all. Now if it we're a month then that'd be a problem.

OP
OP
poklane

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I don't understand what's the point of this late in the gen tbh? just to make sure they stay with them next gen?
That's my guess yeah. If Sony were able to put Black Ops 5 in their PS5 ads that's obviously huge
So what happens when an Xbox person and a PlayStation person are playing together and only the PlayStation person has the new maps?

Seems completely counterintuitive to not having map packs.
If I were to guess, when new content hits the playerbase is split into 2 groups: PS4 and XB1+PC. If a PS4 player parties up with a XB1 or PC player, they end up in the XB1+PC pool.
That'd be the easiest system and makes the most sense imo.

EDarkness

Oct 25, 2017
It's a strange thing to do in a game with crossplay. I guess they're gonna segment the PS4 players for a while until the others can catch up.

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Does this stuff apply to PC users? At least it seems to be getting shorter. 7 days would be like whatever to me if I preferred Xbox over PS4 as my console of choice. They could also still be locked into some timed contract.

Soprano

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Crossplay can still work. It'll just be like when someone on the same console doesn't have the DLC maps and won't be put in the same lobby with those that do.

etta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
7 days is not bad, I'm totally ok with it. The more important thing is free maps that don't segregate the community.

RavFiveFour

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
Microsoft shouldn't take this personally, SONY have a great time debugging the game for the first week lol game's gonna be GREAT and potentially the GOAT, BEST game of all time.