• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kumquat

Jan 23, 2018
I remember seeing that the original recipe didn't really have any "cocaine" in it like we like to imagine it did.

"...the amount of ecgonine [an alkaloid in the coca leaf that could be synthesized to create cocaine] was infinitesimal: no more than one part in 50 million. In an entire year's supply of 25-odd million gallons of Coca-Cola syrup, Heath figured, there might be six-hundredths of an ounce of cocaine. "
Coca leaves were a flavoring ingredient. It doesn't have the same effect as refined cocaine but it does have a mild cocaine like effect.

Apr 8, 2018
I was lucky enough to get to the product page and click add to cart, but I've been refreshing ever since. I wonder if it's sold out yet.

Jarrod38

Oct 25, 2017
Why not just release a limited run in stores for the summer instead? The majority are going to resell on eBay.

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
And yet Crystal Pepsi isn't coming back this year... Disappointing, to say the least.

Jarrod38

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like it's just two cans of New Coke and 8 oz regular and 8 oz coke zero for $20 in including shipping.

NSA

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Damn it, I forgot about this and now the website won't load. Curses.

hydruxo

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah the site is down apparently, been trying to get it to load for the last 15 min

Ginger Hail

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, site started slowing 5 minutes before it even launched. I've gotten to the product page a few times but clearly the site's getting hammered.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
This has to beone of the final convulsions of 80's-90's nostalgia, right?

The last decade has been unbearable in that regard

lobdale

Oct 25, 2017
I was able to sneak an order in at like 3:53 and got a PayPal receipt but no actual order receipt or confirmation page... New Coke becomes marketing disaster for a second time?!?!?!?

Oct 27, 2017
After may refreshes...I managed to get one in my cart. Can't complete my order from there though.

6:01 p.m. EDIT: Was able to get my order processed!

Last edited:

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
I have tasted it a long time ago but was too young to remember the exact taste.

gonna buy some cans of New Coke, regular Coke and Pepsi and taste test the shit out of New Coke

Sheng Long

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
I remember when New Coke came out. We were so excited to try it after seeing the commercials and hearing that Coke was trying something new.

It was not good. It tasted like Pepsi, but flatter. Almost like a cola you left out all day and there wasn't much carbonation left. More syrup like was what I remember. It was weird.

We bought RC Cola until they changed it back. My mother loved Coke so she was really dissapointed when New Coke sucked.

Apr 8, 2018
Was able to get an order in a few hours ago. Honestly kinda surprised it's still up considering the site was down for 3+ hours lol.

lobdale

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I ended up somehow getting three orders in while the website was blown up cause it looked like they weren't processing, ended up getting charged three times but only one Coke Store confirmation order... who knows what will show up!

CGriffiths86

Oct 28, 2017
I haven't been to the Coke museum in a while. Maybe I should drive up there during the week they are handing it out.

BennyWhatever

Oct 27, 2017
US
I'm surprised it took this long to come back.

Diet Coke's modern recipe came from New Coke, except they switched to an artificial sweetener. New Coke will taste like Diet Coke but with sugar.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
So this is basically the Ecto Cooler promotion all over again, where a company brings back a nostalgic beverage (Coca-Cola again, unsurprisingly) but only 1% of the audience that would actually buy it even gets the chance to.

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
My wife works at Coke here in Atlanta and was able to get 1 of these for free. We will try it out this weekend.

lobdale

Oct 25, 2017

lobdale

Oct 25, 2017
$20 for two 12oz cans and two 8oz glass bottles? That's a little bonkers.

I know single serve cans and bottles of Coke have gotten pricey in the last 20 years, but that's like 500% markup.

It is kinda spendy, I was just speaking specifically to your "only 1% of the audience who wants this will get the chance to buy it" since the chance is definitely there as we speak, if you are... one of that 1% who is looking for the chance.

NSA

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Now that I can buy it, I'm on the fence.. $20 seems a bit much. Who even wants the stupid 8oz bottles?

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
I sat there for 2 hours trying to buy it yesterday. I now have multiple charges for $80(purchased 4 $20 packs). And I never got a confirmation email for any of it. I contacted coke store and they said if you haven't gotten a confirmation email by now an order didn't go through. So I have over $200 tied up over some coke right now.

shoyz

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I had enough buyers remorse picking up a 12-Pack of Pepsi Fire, $20 for two cans of inferior Coke doesn't do it for me much as much I'd love to try it. Wish it included a better keepsake.

Bengraven

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
Twist: they found 500,000 cans of leftover New Coke in a landfill somewhere. Is that New Coke you're drinking really new?

*stranger things theme intensifies*

Big Baybee

Oct 27, 2017
I bought it this morning with no problems. Curious to give this a taste since apparently diet coke is flavored after this.