• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

sebbbbe_WiiG

Oct 28, 2017
Berlin
b2780x1450.jpg

We know since last year that the Kalypso group founded a new studio, Claymore Game Studios, based in Darmstadt, Germany, that was supposed to work on a new Commandos title.
Thanks to the video game stimulation program from the Federal ministry of Transport and Digital Infrastructure that grants 1.5 mln EUR to the project we know the title: "Commandos: Origins".

Source

Moff

Oct 26, 2017
I wish Mimimi did this, Desperados III was excellent.

Hoping for the best.

Ostron

Mar 23, 2019
I want to know the salary of the person in marketing who came up with that title.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
Me neither! Just started with Desperados III again and the gameplay formula works better than ever - hope this will be better then the Jagged Alliance reboot a while ago.

Desperados 3 and Shadow Tactics have both been great altenatives to the series. Never did try the JA reboot.

Fishook

Dec 20, 2017
I have little faith of Kalypso making a decent game, unless Mimimi were in charge and given a decent budget and enough time to make a polished game.

Dascu

Oct 28, 2017
Assuming Minimi is working on another game like this, then I wonder what setting they'll go for. It might be Commandos in all but name if they go for a wartime setting.

Butch

Oct 27, 2017
Not digging the boring title and font chose for the logo.

But of course this has nothing to do with how good the game will be, let's see how it turns out.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Echoing everyone else when I say that's one real boring title.

I do hope this is good. Minimi have really excelled in this field, and it'd be nice to have another developer hitting their heights.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Oranges are truly the most popular fruit in gaming.
But it's nice we'll get another Commandos game, even though the name is uninspired.