• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Arubedo

Unshakable Resolve
Dec 24, 2018
Morocco
That was a pretty great ad.

8cQL318.png

Bloodborne remaster when? SONYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
Great ad, real throwback to some older PS ads.

I want that basement as a man-cave. Minus the zombies.

Arn

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
At this point I'm going to wait to play Bloodborne, because a remaster or remake is inevitably coming.

Good advert, although I'm a little confused on who the creature behind the door is meant to be. Which after some clear references to existing IP was a little weird.

Katmeister

Banned
May 1, 2021
At this point I'm going to wait to play Bloodborne, because a remaster or remake is inevitably coming.

Good advert, although I'm a little confused on who the creature behind the door is meant to be. Which after some clear references to existing IP was a little weird.

You might be waiting a real long time.

Deleted member 14089

Oct 27, 2017
I know what the commercial is about (PS+ ad), but I think it's really creative and fun :).

Rust

Jan 24, 2018
I mean, it *is* a weird commercial. For an ad for PlayStation Plus specifically, it doesn't really do much except for the splash image at the end. It feels like a PlayStation brand ad where they've just slapped the new PS Plus information at the end. You could snip off that .jpeg and have it as a PlayStation brand ad and it'd be fine. As a PS Plus ad, it fails to get the message across.

(Plus, it veers dangerously close to 'magical negro' tropes which irks me a little.)

plow

Oct 28, 2017
I mean, it *is* a weird commercial. For an ad for PlayStation Plus specifically, it doesn't really do much except for the splash image at the end. It feels like a PlayStation brand ad where they've just slapped the new PS Plus information at the end. You could snip off that .jpeg and have it as a PlayStation brand ad and it'd be fine. As a PS Plus ad, it fails to get the message across.

(Plus, it veers dangerously close to 'magical negro' tropes which irks me a little.)

If you read the youtube comments, it does perfectly what it wants to achieve. Let users live old memories of past Playstation games that are now playable on the new Service.

cursed beef

Jan 3, 2021
sony's been doing these referenced-filled inspirational ads for a minute and they've gotten pretty tired. bring back the psychotic weirdness of the baby doll PS3 spots imo

Rndom Grenadez

Prophet of Truth
Dec 7, 2017
Not really feeling it. It doesn't really accomplish much, because unless you're already in the ecosystem and can pick out some of the references, you literally wouldn't know what it was about until the PlayStation splash screen. Not only that but it doesn't communicate what the new PS Plus actually is.

DrFreeman

May 9, 2020
Not really feeling it. It doesn't really accomplish much, because unless you're already in the ecosystem and can pick out some of the references, you literally wouldn't know what it was about until the PlayStation splash screen. Not only that but it doesn't communicate what the new PS Plus actually is.

I don't really think this commercial is targeting brand new audiences that have never played on PlayStation before. It knows who it's aimed at.

Phoenix7

Alt Account
Banned
May 24, 2022

They already had a trailer for that. This is just a spot. They've always been obscure.