• Welcome to ResetEra 2.0! Guests should now be able to save their dark or light theme preferences, found on the left sidebar.

New Conan game from Funcom to debut at KFG Showcase

Oct 26, 2017
Countdown was just posted:
https://conancountdown.com/

I think I recall they had multiple titles in development using the IP but I don't remember if they ever specified what style of games they would be?

Either way, hype for myself! I'm a fan of IP and books and sunk an unhealthy amount of time in Conan Exiles...lol

Oct 27, 2017
So they have two Conan in production.

The first one is PC exclusive developed by Petroglyph (ex Westwood guys that are doing the Command & Conquer remasters for EA) and is planned for mid 2019.

The second one is made by Funcom Oslo and will be a single player game for PlayStation/Xbox/PC. However this one is only in preproduction and does not have a release window.

So there are two possibilities : the Petroglyph game is clearly ready to be shown, however the Funcom Oslo one would probably be a more impactful reveal for this event.

The first one is PC exclusive developed by Petroglyph (ex Westwood guys that are doing the Command & Conquer remaster for EA) and is planned for mid 2019.

The second one is made by Funcom Oslo and will be a single player game for PlayStation/Xbox/PC. However this one is only in preproduction and does not have a window release.

So there are two possibilities : the Petroglyph game is clearly ready to be shown, however the Funcom Oslo one would probably be a more impactful reveal for this event.
I’m curious about this... Single Player game

OP
OP
Simo
Oct 26, 2017

The first one is PC exclusive developed by Petroglyph (ex Westwood guys that are doing the Command & Conquer remasters for EA) and is planned for mid 2019.

The second one is made by Funcom Oslo and will be a single player game for PlayStation/Xbox/PC. However this one is only in preproduction and does not have a release window.

The countdown lists Funcom Oslo so maybe the single player game? Unless Oslo is publishing both titles? I'm unsure on the studios and developer arm.

OP
OP
Simo
Oct 26, 2017
Didn't they just release Conan Exiles? I didn't know they had two more Conan games in development. Not that I mind, go get that money.
They did but Exiles had been in early access since February 2017. The brand seems to be gaining more traction as Marvel just released, or will soon anyway, the new Conan comics again after getting the rights back from Dark Horse. Plus Amazon has a big budget TV series in the works too.

Oct 26, 2017
They did but Exiles had been in early access since February 2017. The brand seems to be gaining more traction as Marvel just released, or will soon anyway, the new Conan comics again after getting the rights back from Dark Horse. Plus Amazon has a big budget TV series in the works too.
I knew about the comics but didn't know Amazon was working on a TV series. That's pretty cool.

Oct 27, 2017
The countdown lists Funcom Oslo so maybe the single player game? Unless Oslo is publishing both titles? I'm unsure on the studios and developer arm.
Yes, Funcom is the publisher for both games, and they also co-own the rights to any Robert E. Howard properties via their joint-venture Heroic Signatures. No Conan game could be developed right now without a deal with Funcom.