• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
Countdown was just posted:
https://conancountdown.com/

I think I recall they had multiple titles in development using the IP but I don't remember if they ever specified what style of games they would be?

Either way, hype for myself! I'm a fan of IP and books and sunk an unhealthy amount of time in Conan Exiles...lol

Oct 27, 2017
So they have two Conan in production.

The first one is PC exclusive developed by Petroglyph (ex Westwood guys that are doing the Command & Conquer remasters for EA) and is planned for mid 2019.

The second one is made by Funcom Oslo and will be a single player game for PlayStation/Xbox/PC. However this one is only in preproduction and does not have a release window.

So there are two possibilities : the Petroglyph game is clearly ready to be shown, however the Funcom Oslo one would probably be a more impactful reveal for this event.

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal

The first one is PC exclusive developed by Petroglyph (ex Westwood guys that are doing the Command & Conquer remaster for EA) and is planned for mid 2019.

The second one is made by Funcom Oslo and will be a single player game for PlayStation/Xbox/PC. However this one is only in preproduction and does not have a window release.

So there are two possibilities : the Petroglyph game is clearly ready to be shown, however the Funcom Oslo one would probably be a more impactful reveal for this event.

I'm curious about this... Single Player game

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
When I read the title I immediately thought this was some weird Conan O'Brien game, however I guess Conan the Barbarian makes more sense.

OP
OP
Simo

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA

The first one is PC exclusive developed by Petroglyph (ex Westwood guys that are doing the Command & Conquer remasters for EA) and is planned for mid 2019.

The second one is made by Funcom Oslo and will be a single player game for PlayStation/Xbox/PC. However this one is only in preproduction and does not have a release window.

The countdown lists Funcom Oslo so maybe the single player game? Unless Oslo is publishing both titles? I'm unsure on the studios and developer arm.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Didn't they just release Conan Exiles? I didn't know they had two more Conan games in development. Not that I mind, go get that money.

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This game was fantastic.

I'd love to have another experience similar to it.

118630-conan-xbox-360-front-cover.jpg

OP
OP
Simo

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
Didn't they just release Conan Exiles? I didn't know they had two more Conan games in development. Not that I mind, go get that money.

They did but Exiles had been in early access since February 2017. The brand seems to be gaining more traction as Marvel just released, or will soon anyway, the new Conan comics again after getting the rights back from Dark Horse. Plus Amazon has a big budget TV series in the works too.

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
They did but Exiles had been in early access since February 2017. The brand seems to be gaining more traction as Marvel just released, or will soon anyway, the new Conan comics again after getting the rights back from Dark Horse. Plus Amazon has a big budget TV series in the works too.

I knew about the comics but didn't know Amazon was working on a TV series. That's pretty cool.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
When I read the title I immediately thought this was some weird Conan O'Brien game, however I guess Conan the Barbarian makes more sense.
I made the same error cause I thought someone had mentioned that O'Brien might have an appearance at TGA and thought this was related.

Deleted member 10060

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This game was fantastic.

I'd love to have another experience similar to it.

118630-conan-xbox-360-front-cover.jpg

Loved this game. Ron Perlman as Conan, wasn't it?

And Funcom, give as a god damned single player game already. I want to play AS Conan, not IN his world. The IP in their hands has been embarassing to atch. You have this iconic character and do fuck all with him.