• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

JehutyRunner

Oct 26, 2017
Disclosure: these are my own tweets (mods, if I'm being an arse linking these, feel free to edit). But figure I'd give context.

This is one of the job postings that has the first art. The second apparently comes from a Discord ARG.

Deleted member 56449

User requested account closure
Banned
May 3, 2019
Thank you for sharing! Loved Limbo, Inside and had a great time with both. Can't wait for their next

Deleted member 14377

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Probably expect something at e3. Pretty sure they released those initial screenshots verrrry soon after Inside.

Honome

Jan 10, 2018
Rio de Janeiro
Will buy blindly everything they make after Limbo and Inside!!!!

Unless they decide to make a fucking Battle Royale game, like some other studio that i also loved the games...

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
I'm ready for some space demons or the reveal that this is a decrepit and destroyed earth or whatever grim existential horror they've got in store.

Algorum

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Dec 23, 2018
Well I just hope its much larger in scope than any of their previous work.

Like I love me some Limbo, and Inside. But I'd love for something much more ambitious and dare I say longer? Yeah. Longer.

Psoelberg

Oct 26, 2017
INSIDE is one of my favorite games this gen, and the art direction of this looks incredible. Really looking forward to this.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017

Like I love me some Limbo, and Inside. But I'd love for something much more ambitious and dare I say longer? Yeah. Longer.
Ever since that first concept art with the character and the meteorite, I was thinking 3D exploration, but relatively contained. Like Journey but depressing.

Ricky_R

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Awesome! I enjoyed Limbo and absolutely loved INSIDE even though I didn't understand shit.

Pretty excited for their next game.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
well, that sure looks like a playdead game
i don't really care tho, whatever it is i'll buy it day 1.

Oct 27, 2017
Awesome. Limbo is brilliant, Inside is legit one of the best games I've ever played. Loved every second of it.

I look forward to seeing what it is.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Inside was one of the more brilliant experiences you can have with games. It flowed beautifully and had amazing visuals and sound. Also really interesting shit happens.

Kaako

Oct 25, 2017
After Inside, I'm there no questions asked. That game was execution perfection.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
Day one, no matter what kind of game it is.
Inside is GOAT btw.

napk1ns

Nov 29, 2017

In the time of crunch getting outed as an industry dilemma, I can't say I agree. These guys seem to tackle projects that are modest in length and high in quality. I don't turn to the studio as longform service providers. We need products like theirs to break up these 20+ hour behemoths.

Deleted member 15125

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm kind of hoping that Playdead ditches the puzzle platforming aspect of their first two games and just straight up makes a walking simulator. I really like the atmosphere of Inside, but I didn't enjoy actually playing it.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
These guys are too fucking good. Limbo is one of my favourite and most memorable gaming experiences of last-gen. INSIDE is the same for me, but for this gen. I have little doubts this will be one of the indie masterpieces of the next generation. Looks gorgeous.

Hokey

Oct 29, 2017
Holy shit that art style looks perfect, I cannot wait (finished and loved both Limbo and Inside). Looks like some sort of stranded astronaut....which would be oozing atmosphere! Yay!

Hokey

Oct 29, 2017
imagine exploring an empty planet in playdead's atmosphere...
Yea I remember that barn from Inside with all the infected animals/bodies lying around and it's raining, I can't think of many games that had such an impact with such a simple design concept. It's all in the execution and slowly drip feeding bits of the world which start to paint a bigger picture.

Nov 28, 2017
In the time of crunch getting outed as an industry dilemma, I can't say I agree. These guys seem to tackle projects that are modest in length and high in quality. I don't turn to the studio as longform service providers. We need products like theirs to break up these 20+ hour behemoths.
yep. Inside and Limbo are the perfect lengths. don't want any unnecessary bloat from these games.