New Crackdown 3 campaign gameplay footage

Alex840

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
This looks super unfinished. It's like an engine demo for what a new Crackdown could be like, not a finished product.

It's sad we get this, but not a new Sunset Overdrive.

Oct 25, 2017
It looks like an AA-project due to the complicated development, but it also looks rather fun. With Game Pass I really have nothing to lose and I enjoy Crackdown 1 to this day, so I'm in.

Oct 27, 2017
Lmao, these comments man.. trying too hard guys. I get some of the criticism is deserved, but come on fellas.

Jan 27, 2018
Lmao, these comments man.. trying too hard guys. I get some of the criticism is deserved, but come on fellas.
Then say something you disagree with and come with an example of why you think the comments aren't reflective of the product.

Oct 27, 2017
Infamous 2 looked better in every way besides the lower resolution.
The physics seem off the most though, very floaty, no weight.

Dec 13, 2017
I don't know man. I want to like this, but it just seems so slow and kind of boring. Traversal seems to be one of the main mechanics of this game, but there is nothing in this gameplay that seems new and surprising. I think it would be cool to have the ability to cancel a jump and drop down really fast, kinda like Mario's buttstomp. Also Spiderman's swinging makes this climbing look really outdated.

Oct 29, 2017
I don't know man. I want to like this, but it just seems so slow and kind of boring. Traversal seems to be one of the main mechanics of this game, but there is nothing in this gameplay that seems new and surprising. I think it would be cool to have the ability to cancel a jump and drop down really fast, kinda like Mario's buttstomp. Also Spiderman's swinging makes this climbing look really outdated.
I believe there is a ground pound skill.

This isnt spiderman. You also probably havnt seen the extent of the mobility. Crackdown 2 had wingsuits, jet boots.

Queen Kong

Out of Kongtrol
Oct 27, 2017
Is this base Xbox? The performance looks much much better than Agents of mayhem at least.
Will def try it on release tho.

Oct 27, 2017
Midwest, US
Preloaded on both my PC and 1X impatiently waiting for the 15th. Are the Hidden Orbs back?

Anyone saying this looks like a last gen game is straight fooling themselves into seeing what they want to see. Super transparent.

Oct 27, 2017
Supporting this level of quality makes me question Microsoft's standards and the ability to achieve anything special with the recent acquisitions.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
It doesn't look great. A bit like Agents of Mayhem, maybe even slightly worse.
But it does look like fun though. Can't wait for the reviews.

Oct 30, 2017
I can't help but laugh at the fact I bought an Xbox to play this game in 2016...Now we're in 2019 I'm finding it hard to care. It just looks so dated and hasn't really moved on from where it was 12 years ago. And I get it, "a sequel shouldn't feel like a completely different game" and I agree, but they still have the bad animations and rubbish climbing of the original in there. It hasn't developed it's just stagnated. It's the sequel I would have expected 2 years after the original, not 12. This needed to be offering more considering how long it's taken and how many delays it's had. I really hope it wasn't the crappy looking MP that has been holding things up and inadvertently increasing expectations beyond any hope of meeting them.

Jun 1, 2018
wow this looks awful... i mean the gameplay looks alright but nothing innovative. cant believe im saying this but i feel like agents of mayhem is the better game considering the graphics and i like the gameplay where you can instantly switch between characters and abilities

Oct 27, 2017
Been watching the footage and I feel the game would've benefit from a faster traversal. Or at least the option to move and/or propel faster.

Aside from that, the game looks fun, but kinda simple overall. Will GP it and see what's up.

Nov 20, 2017
The original Crackdown was ugly even by 2006 standards. The game is free to download so check it out. It’s still fun to find orbs and my 3 year old is enjoying it with me. I can’t wait to show him this.

Oct 27, 2017
Detail is not what certain artstyles aim for. Not sure if it's a fair comparison.
Maybe Mirrors Edge 1 would have been a better example if the neon future aesthetic was the goal. At least it's not cell shaded like it was shown off in a trailer before.
But my biggest complaint is the physics, they look baked in, when things fall there's no acceleration, and prop physics have no weight, something important when you're advertising distractibility.

Rumblebones

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (permanent): Antagonizing other members of a series of posts, modwhining, and numerous prior infractions for hostility and disruptive behavior
Looks very last-gen to me. As if it's a remaster of something originally made around 2008.
First fucking post.

Y'all just can't help yourself.

Mods are giving y'all free reign to shit on this game though so carry on I suppose.