• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Norwegian_Imposter

Circumventing a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The game looks so good today. The last delay really helped to polish everything, especially a vibrant city and some insane particle effects. One of the best image quality presentations I've seen this generation, too.
I honestly feel like I am going blind or that I cant detect sarcasm any more because it just looks like agent of mayhem to me.

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Game looks amazing! Can not wait for this Friday, a full weekend of orb hunting.

If you know, you know!

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The world looks so lifeless, for me that is its biggest issue.
This is what im really struggling with. Even though Spiderman's world is mostly static, its a joy to observe and feel empowered by. CD world looks entirely built for the Agent, and therefore every one within it is inconsequential.

Seganomics

Oct 29, 2017
The way the character jumps is weird to me.
Things don't have weight, when something falls, it accelerates down, in these videos they kinda just float down at the same rate.
Giant explosion goes off next to mech, no reaction from giant robot, just a health decrease, no stagger.
What was shown as destructible looks like a cardboard set you'd see in Hollywood, rather than an actual structure. A concrete wall falling down shouldn't look like plywood.
Same she main character picks up a car and just tosses it, you don't feel the weight. Something I personally feel adds immense immersion, if you can believe the physics of the world.

You're kind of missing the point here. Crackdown is a superhero game where your characters ability to run fast, jump high and deal damage increase as you power up your character.
Real life physics have no place here.
Imagine how much fun Spiderman would be if gravity prevented you from running up walls or every time you web-sling into a building, rather than the game allowing you to do some unrealistic traversal chain, you just smashed a Spidey sized crater in the wall and fell down to the ground. Not fun.

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
Then say something you disagree with and come with an example of why you think the comments aren't reflective of the product.

How does one 'respond' to your comment that some of the game assets were made in MS Paint?

Hence my resolution comment.
If it was rendered at 4K like C3 it would look a lot better. C3 lacks a lot of detail.

Crackdown 1 is BC and rendered at 4K on xbox one x.
It looks SIGNIFICANTLY worse than CD3.

Railgun

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
This game reminds me so much of Recore, very very very AA. Not sure if I'll give it a go as the premise behind the game isn't for me and the game definitely doesn't do anything to draw in new players. Wonder how successful it will be.

I worry Microsoft isn't going to have any AAA games besides Forza/Gears/Halo at this point. Will have to wait and see the quality of games the new studios put out. Hope Sea of Thieves continues to get updates for the rest of the year too and turns into something great.

Oct 25, 2017
Really into the art direction and color palette they've went for. It's obvious there was no getting beyond the scope the project was originally conceived with, but at the same time it feels like they've did their best with it, and the game actually looks really fun. Loved the original so I'm really looking forward to this.

Zhukov

Banned
Dec 6, 2017
No, you're not confused, you're disingenuous and blatant.
Blatant about what?

Someone posted a video of gameplay for an upcoming game, I said it looked meh.

Then you seemed to express annoyance that I wasn't being moderated for saying that. At least that's how I interpreted it. Feel free to correct me or elaborate.

You're making me feel like I've stumbled into the crossfire of some fanboy turf war.

seroun

Oct 25, 2018
Looks fucking fuuun! :D

I tend to be bad at 3d puzzles so this should be interesting.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
Most things look great. They nailed the comic book style they've went with for the most part. But I agree, those parasols don't look too good. But when doing those platformer parts on the skyscrapers it looks quite impressive. And it's colorful. I love that.

But let's not pretend this game will win any awards for graphical prowess.

Seganomics

Oct 29, 2017
You are right, I first thought he spokes about Second Son, because this one cannot be seriously compared with the sharpness of Crackdown 3.

No, Second son is certainly a looker. The PS3 Infamous games however were blurry, dull and plain ugly in the main. Hence my issue with the guy equating Crackdown 3's visuals with that title. Ridiculous.

Ascenion

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mecklenburg-Strelitz
Infamous 2 looked better in every way besides the lower resolution.
The physics seem off the most though, very floaty, no weight.
This is objectively wrong. Crackdown isn't the best the Xbox One can do, but then it never has been. Crackdown 3 objectively looks better than Infamous 2 aside from maybe art style differences. It looks better than agents of mayhem too, which is the closest thing to it this gen.
This image comes from Infamous 1.
It's definitely infamous 2. Cole didn't have the amp or Union Jack jeans in infamous 1.

Deleted member 268

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Blatant about what?

Someone posted a video of gameplay for an upcoming game, I said it looked meh.

Then you seemed to express annoyance that I wasn't being moderated for saying that. At least that's how I interpreted it. Feel free to correct me or elaborate.

You're making me feel like I've stumbled into the crossfire of some fanboy turf war.

"Meh" and "looks like a last gen game" are not equivalent.

The former is a lazy expression we're all guilty of.

The latter is shitposting, and you're obvious about it.

ReddishGUI

Oct 25, 2017
It looks like a poor man's version of SR IV but it still looks fun enough and the slightly more restricted mobility will make for more interesting platforming segments I guess.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
I worry Microsoft isn't going to have any AAA games besides Forza/Gears/Halo at this point. Will have to wait and see the quality of games the new studios put out. Hope Sea of Thieves continues to get updates for the rest of the year too and turns into something great.

I think we're going to see even more 'AA' games from Microsoft in the next years. Compulsion, Undead Labs, Ninja Theory, inXile, etc. will all be making games between that 'AA' and 'AAA' spot. They need games to fill Gamepass.

Just hope the games will be quality.

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
Traversal looks so drab compared to Spidey, Infamous and even Sunset Overdrive. This really does look like a game stuck in the past

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks good enough, game that could score low 70s or something, if there's no great game coming out I might consider

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
It's more about you wanting a 'win' when it comes to graphics, to the extent that you're hoping Digital Foundry could give you one.

Just enjoy the game. Internet points worth less than in-game achievements.

True.

But he does have a point. DF will prob praise CD3 and people around here don't expect that.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Man the defensiveness is something else, almost puts me off the game.

The art design looks bad to me and the world looks empty, but I've got gamepass so aslong as they give me that crackdown 1 gameplay I'm happy.

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
693589-infamous-2-playstation-3-screenshot-cole-possesses-a-special.jpg

Hmmmmm......

Pretty sure that's a screenshot of the downloadable Infamous game not Infamous 2. I doubt it matters really for comparison's sake either way but I don't think in Infamous 2 you could see people's hearts and know you could when you're a vamp in the downloadable game.

First fucking post.

Y'all just can't help yourself.

Mods are giving y'all free reign to shit on this game though so carry on I suppose.

Not to stomp on you while you're down but it's "rein" in this sense as if you're reining in a horse. Reign is more related to a king's rule. Common mistake because of how utterly dumb English is.

Deleted member 1777

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Preloaded and ready to rock, can't fucking wait. As much as I fucking hate the windows store £2 for 2 months gamepass is not too shabby. What is more important to me is the world being designed around platforming for collecting orbs. That and the feeling of getting more powerful which was superb in Crackdown 1. From all the footage I've seen it at least seems to have those right and that leaves me very interested indeed. Couldn't be any worse than Crackdown 2 anyway.

Oracle

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
You know what ? I'm looking forward to this.

Mindless, colorful, I'm sure has some decent humor and best of all its "free" on gamepads.

Pc too?

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
It's more about you wanting a 'win' when it comes to graphics, to the extent that you're hoping Digital Foundry could give you one.

Just enjoy the game. Internet points worth less than in-game achievements.
... What? lol

No. It's more about that it's time we get an objectively view on this. And since John already made some comments on CD3 here, I know that this will be likely pretty positive.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Was planning on getting Gamepass but found out too late that Gamepass isn't available in my region and the only way to use it is to buy a pre-paid Game pass code instead of a gift card to pay for it.
371680910145355777.png

Namtox

Nov 3, 2017
I've been working on the review and will be doing a stream today once the embargo drops, as a long time fan of Crackdown it matches and exceeds my expectations by a large margin. Pretty much erases the bad taste of Crackdown 2 completely.

As for comments talking about this game "looking" dated....I have footage going up to dispel that insane notion shortly.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
You're kind of missing the point here. Crackdown is a superhero game where your characters ability to run fast, jump high and deal damage increase as you power up your character.
Real life physics have no place here.
Imagine how much fun Spiderman would be if gravity prevented you from running up walls or every time you web-sling into a building, rather than the game allowing you to do some unrealistic traversal chain, you just smashed a Spidey sized crater in the wall and fell down to the ground. Not fun.
I still feel like there's some weight to Spider-man, and the animations help support that, no matter how physics defying he gets.. There's animation missing here. They just look like they float along everywhere and land with zero impact.

I might still check it out if reviews are solid. I like blowing shit up.

sinny

Oct 28, 2017
Im ok with the game, im going to play it but the emptiness of the world it's a big issue for me.

Imagine the same game with people running everywere, and cars , and the gangs causing mayhem....

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
It actually makes sense marketing this as a Games Pass title. Because I don't think this is going to sell very well. It still lacks...spirit? It just feels kind of dead. Hoping co-op is at least fun.

dyst

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is what im really struggling with. Even though Spiderman's world is mostly static, its a joy to observe and feel empowered by. CD world looks entirely built for the Agent, and therefore every one within it is inconsequential.
Normal citizens roaming the streets while chatting and cars driving around would help with ambiance. I did see a party happening on a rooftop so maybe it's there.

Oracle

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
It actually makes sense marketing this as a Games Pass title. Because I don't think this is going to sell very well. It still lacks...spirit? It just feels kind of dead. Hoping co-op is at least fun.

I think it's a no brainer this wont sell well at all, it's honestly so off the mark with what is popular right now regardless if it's good or not.

It's a title to boost ( and maintain) gamepass subs. Which is ok.

Xx 720

Nov 3, 2017
i actually thought the first two Crackdown games were a bit drab in color, this one looks way better, look forward to playing it friday on pc