• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Zhukov

Banned
Dec 6, 2017
Looks very last-gen to me. As if it's a remaster of something originally made around 2008.

Alex840

Oct 31, 2017
This looks super unfinished. It's like an engine demo for what a new Crackdown could be like, not a finished product.

It's sad we get this, but not a new Sunset Overdrive.

Kismet

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
This looks so bland. The level- and artdesign looks hideous. Everything is so flat.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
the visuals are.... odd. i dont know if to say it looks exactly bad... but it feels... unfinished?

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
What's with the damage numbers? There must be a toggle to them off, right?

But anyway, this game reminds me of Earth Defense Force games, somehow.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It looks like an AA-project due to the complicated development, but it also looks rather fun. With Game Pass I really have nothing to lose and I enjoy Crackdown 1 to this day, so I'm in.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
Lmao, these comments man.. trying too hard guys. I get some of the criticism is deserved, but come on fellas.

JayBee

Alt-account
Banned
Dec 6, 2018
Gameplay looks really fun. Jumping and climbing skyscrapers is going to feel great

Sinfamy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Infamous 2 looked better in every way besides the lower resolution.
The physics seem off the most though, very floaty, no weight.

mcgrem

Dec 13, 2017
I don't know man. I want to like this, but it just seems so slow and kind of boring. Traversal seems to be one of the main mechanics of this game, but there is nothing in this gameplay that seems new and surprising. I think it would be cool to have the ability to cancel a jump and drop down really fast, kinda like Mario's buttstomp. Also Spiderman's swinging makes this climbing look really outdated.

Dec 9, 2017
God damn the nostalgia wave hit me. Is the Agency Tower in this? The platforming clip got me excited for the sweaty palm climb.

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
SneakyEveryAmericanavocet-size_restricted.gif

DampImpoliteDutchsmoushond-size_restricted.gif

Bulby

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Berlin
I don't know man. I want to like this, but it just seems so slow and kind of boring. Traversal seems to be one of the main mechanics of this game, but there is nothing in this gameplay that seems new and surprising. I think it would be cool to have the ability to cancel a jump and drop down really fast, kinda like Mario's buttstomp. Also Spiderman's swinging makes this climbing look really outdated.

I believe there is a ground pound skill.

This isnt spiderman. You also probably havnt seen the extent of the mobility. Crackdown 2 had wingsuits, jet boots.

RossC

Oct 27, 2017
Looking forward to this. Just finished Nier Automata so this should be a good change of pace.

Fairy Godmother

Backward compatible
Oct 27, 2017
Is this base Xbox? The performance looks much much better than Agents of mayhem at least.
Will def try it on release tho.

Lethologica

Oct 27, 2017
Preloaded on both my PC and 1X impatiently waiting for the 15th. Are the Hidden Orbs back?

Anyone saying this looks like a last gen game is straight fooling themselves into seeing what they want to see. Super transparent.

J 0 E

Oct 27, 2017
Supporting this level of quality makes me question Microsoft's standards and the ability to achieve anything special with the recent acquisitions.

Last edited:

Dewin

Oct 26, 2017
It doesn't look great. A bit like Agents of Mayhem, maybe even slightly worse.
But it does look like fun though. Can't wait for the reviews.

JayBee

Alt-account
Banned
Dec 6, 2018
The platforming looks surprisingly great also. I like the way the main character control and movement looks

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I can't help but laugh at the fact I bought an Xbox to play this game in 2016...Now we're in 2019 I'm finding it hard to care. It just looks so dated and hasn't really moved on from where it was 12 years ago. And I get it, "a sequel shouldn't feel like a completely different game" and I agree, but they still have the bad animations and rubbish climbing of the original in there. It hasn't developed it's just stagnated. It's the sequel I would have expected 2 years after the original, not 12. This needed to be offering more considering how long it's taken and how many delays it's had. I really hope it wasn't the crappy looking MP that has been holding things up and inadvertently increasing expectations beyond any hope of meeting them.

Jun 1, 2018
wow this looks awful... i mean the gameplay looks alright but nothing innovative. cant believe im saying this but i feel like agents of mayhem is the better game considering the graphics and i like the gameplay where you can instantly switch between characters and abilities

Jaaake

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
It's almost like you guys have never seen Crackdown before. The series has never been a graphical showcase. It's just supposed to be a bit of fun

Ricky_R

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Been watching the footage and I feel the game would've benefit from a faster traversal. Or at least the option to move and/or propel faster.

Aside from that, the game looks fun, but kinda simple overall. Will GP it and see what's up.

Super Barrier

Nov 20, 2017
The original Crackdown was ugly even by 2006 standards. The game is free to download so check it out. It's still fun to find orbs and my 3 year old is enjoying it with me. I can't wait to show him this.

JayBee

Alt-account
Banned
Dec 6, 2018
The whole platforming designed world reminds me a lot of lego city undercover and that game is great

Sinfamy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Detail is not what certain artstyles aim for. Not sure if it's a fair comparison.
Maybe Mirrors Edge 1 would have been a better example if the neon future aesthetic was the goal. At least it's not cell shaded like it was shown off in a trailer before.
But my biggest complaint is the physics, they look baked in, when things fall there's no acceleration, and prop physics have no weight, something important when you're advertising distractibility.

Deleted member 268

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (permanent): Antagonizing other members of a series of posts, modwhining, and numerous prior infractions for hostility and disruptive behavior
Looks very last-gen to me. As if it's a remaster of something originally made around 2008.

First fucking post.

Y'all just can't help yourself.

Mods are giving y'all free reign to shit on this game though so carry on I suppose.