• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I'm just too happy to think or even type anything interesting; IT'S BEEN 12 YEARS and it's finally time for a new mainline game!
animated-number-image-0202.gif

And even longer than 12 years since a real mainline game that wasn't one of those god awful redesign titles I'd like to pretend never happened.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
Where's CTR for PC? I thought the trilogy released in summer for PC so I was expecting CTR around this time if it's happening at all. COVID of course might have delayed things understandably.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
No. Wrath of Cortex was the best of all of them but even that was mediocre.

This isn't true at all. Twinsanity is a very good game and widely regarded as being better than Wrath.

I don't think Wrath is as bad as some do. I think an HD remaster could clean up my main issues with it (shockingly bad hit detection, loading times) but it's absolutely not a better game than Twinsanity.

HibbySloth

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Twinsanity would be the GOAT Crash game if they had time to finish the game. So much content was cut.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
My only fear is that they will overcomplicate the formula. Keep it simple and clean.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Crash Bash was not made by ND and it was AMAZING at the time.
I don't know about "AMAZING" but it was fun enough. As a kid, I actually got that game thinking it was going to be a platformer because my first Crash game was CTR, and I really wanted to play a main series game. I was a little disappointed. lol

Wrath of Cortex was decent, but my only takeaway from that game was that it has less death animations than the trilogy (which sucked) and it introduced Crunch. Pretty forgettable game.

Twinsanity is my favorite game in the series. The dynamic between Crash and Cortex was fun as hell, the music was bonkers, and it introduced Nina Cortex! Very memorable game.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I just hope this isn't just another OG Crash style game. Let him do a full 3D platformer ala Twinsanity or Jak & Daxter. Hell if Toys For Bob are behind it, they can just reuse the Spyro engine but obviously modernize it gameplay-wise (you know what I mean). Crash would fit perfectly.

I want something closer to the OG games with improvements. It should stay largely linear but open up at certain points

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
And even longer than 12 years since a real mainline game that wasn't one of those god awful redesign titles I'd like to pretend never happened.
you see, I used to think like that when they came out. And while I still don't like revisiting Titans and MoM due their repetitive combat, but the more time it passes, the more I appreciate them for different reasons; --And at the end of the day, these were childhood games for plenty of kids of that era (you see that all the time on Reddit), so I see them as valid as any of the previous mainline titles.

wathever be the the point of view, I'm just here for the OCHO HYPE!

lightning16

May 17, 2019
I'm personally hoping it stays linear. My hope is that Spyro also gets a new game in the near future and goes for the more collectathon/open approach.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
Very curious to see the approach they take with this (will it be like the classic PSX ones or a game with a controllable camera?).

They have a lot of good will from their remakes, so I'm excited!

Oct 27, 2017
Considering that Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Mario 3D World are relatively recent beloved critically-acclaimed 3D platformers with fixed camera angles, A to B obstacle course level, auto-run animal buddy segments, and SMB3-esque world maps there is, like, ZERO fuckin' reason for a new modern Crash game to be open world/sandbox-y (YUCK).

Linear platforming /= outdated. Keep Crash linear, we've got enough open world/sandbox games to last us several lifetimes.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

So good.

I was always hoping they would update the N. Sane Trilogy with HD remasters of Crash 4 and Twinsanity but alas.

I was too young to understand the intricacies of this music, and honestly believed there was some instrumentation in there along with the vocals. When I learned what a cappella is and realized the entire soundtrack was done entirely in voices, I was blown away. Spiralmouth's work on Crash Twinsanity is honestly an inspiration to me.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Considering that Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Mario 3D World are relatively recent beloved critically-acclaimed 3D platformers with fixed camera angles, A to B obstacle course level, auto-run animal buddy segments, and SMB3-esque world maps there is, like, ZERO fuckin' reason for a new modern Crash game to be open world/sandbox-y (YUCK).

Linear platforming /= outdated. Keep Crash linear, we've got enough open world/sandbox games to last us several lifetimes.

Yep.

I have zero desire for an open world or sandbox Crash. Get that noise out of here.

KiNolin

Oct 28, 2017
On one hand, please no gimmicks, open world, etc.
On the other, even straight clones like Wrath didn't turn out great either.

Still hoping for the best.

Oct 27, 2017
Twinsanity's accapella is really fun and all BUT, bruh, have you heard Drive-Thru Danger:

That shit goes HAM, and the instrumentation is just so Crash. Like, they fucking GET IT! If music like this and the wholly original level, Future Tense, is the standard bar for Activision's Crash games I think we're in for some great stuff!

OP
OP
Lant_War

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Twinsanity's accapella is really fun and all BUT, bruh, have you heard Drive-Thru Danger:

That shit goes HAM, and the instrumentation is just so Crash. Like, they fucking GET IT! If music like this and the wholly original level, Future Tense, is the standard bar for Activision's Crash games I think we're in for some great stuff!

Yeah, I like the acapella but I'd love something that screams Crash like this.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
I just want a standard, linear style Crash game. I'd be happy with a traditional 5 levels in 5 warp rooms formula (although more would be cool, and I think NST might've spoiled some people with how many levels it has), but I don't want many gimmick levels. Certainly no more than 1 per warp room, and I feel like they should scrap the bazooka too, although personally I think that NST Crash 2 post game with default spin, slide, single jump, body slam, plus the sprint, is the ideal moveset for him. Double jump and the mash tornado spin were a bit too much for me.

Mpl90

Oct 25, 2017
Where's CTR for PC? I thought the trilogy released in summer for PC so I was expecting CTR around this time if it's happening at all. COVID of course might have delayed things understandably.

Personal theory of mine: maybe Activision decided that it was a better choice to put Iron Galaxy on working on the PC version of this upcoming game so that there's no delay. It's a big stretch, I know.

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
I wouldn't mind if they opened up the levels juuuust a tad. You know, just to make levels feel less like you're running down narrow corridors.

Deleted member 59109

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 8, 2019
I just want a standard, linear style Crash game. I'd be happy with a traditional 5 levels in 5 warp rooms formula (although more would be cool, and I think NST might've spoiled some people with how many levels it has), but I don't want many gimmick levels. Certainly no more than 1 per warp room, and I feel like they should scrap the bazooka too, although personally I think that NST Crash 2 post game with default spin, slide, single jump, body slam, plus the sprint, is the ideal moveset for him. Double jump and the mash tornado spin were a bit too much for me.

I like the double jump a lot but could do without the tornado spin and the fruit bazooka. I'd definitely prefer no gimmick levels, they were the worst part of Warped, but if they found some way to make vehicle controls fun I guess I'd be open to a couple just to add some variety.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Btw the new mask has the cycles of the moon on it, so maybe tides or seasons related?

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
I just hope this isn't just another OG Crash style game. Let him do a full 3D platformer ala Twinsanity or Jak & Daxter. Hell if Toys For Bob are behind it, they can just reuse the Spyro engine but obviously modernize it gameplay-wise (you know what I mean). Crash would fit perfectly.
i dont know where twinsanitys reputation for being an open ended platformer comes from. its a linear game 90% of the time aside from 3-4 small hub areas that are completely skippable and you only have to engage in if you want concept art.

Deleted member 70647

User requested account closure
Banned
May 31, 2020
No one talks about Tag Team Racing but honestly it was pretty fun, decent mix of platforming and racing. The music was great too.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
With all the rumours about time travel in this new game, it would be funny if this game also had dimension jumping mechanics like the new Ratchet.

And they both were launch window titles.

Snake__

Jan 8, 2020
As somebody who absolutely loves Crash Bandicoot (Crash Bandicoot 3 is the first game that truly got me fully into video games), Crash Bandicoot is bad and this is a terrible idea

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
No one talks about Tag Team Racing but honestly it was pretty fun, decent mix of platforming and racing. The music was great too.
The soundtrack in CTTR is incredible and honestly not many people give credit for it. It's the beloved Spiralmouth + actual instrumentation lol. It is a pseudo sequel to Twinsanity too, in its tone and mechanics and the middle ground before Titans.

But, the platforming proved it being pointless at the end and the racing is quite shallow compared to both CTR and CNK. But it's all good, since we have characters, karts and skins from that game on Nitro-Fueled