• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

azfaru

Dec 1, 2017
I also will care about the look of my character in this game, but to be fair that is a pretty different situation. Other humans will see your Destiny 2 character which won't be the case in Cyberpunk (short of sharing screenshots or streaming or whatever).

Yeah, fair point. And plus Destiny's got the tower area where you can show off your new duds. Well, here's hoping there's more 3rd person angles throughout the game.

Rayne

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, sure, I also like to shoot shit up with BIG HONKIN CANNONS and stuff, but it gets silly if you want to keep the game more or less grounded. Fallout 4 was ridiculous in that way.

? Fallout 4 had inventory limits.

(Hell I had to decide to drop that stupid minigun immediately because it took all my inventory weight for that pitiful damage).

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
Plus Photomode!!!
Oh God is photomode confirmed btw?
Photomode will be in🤘🏻

giphy.gif

1489516792-blade-runner-harrison-ford.gif

Madman009

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, fair point. And plus Destiny's got the tower area where you can show off your new duds. Well, here's hoping there's more 3rd person angles throughout the game.
Isn't it heavily rumored that there's a multiplayer expansion/spin off also in the works? Because if that's still a thing then that's where we'll get to show off our fashion.

Rayne

Oct 25, 2017
The amount of junk you can carry in Fallout is just silly. Specially when you pick the power armor and have it kitted out.

True but its still a limit :P

(Also I never really bothered with powerarmor. Was more of a pain than it was worth. I think I used it 2 times, during the deathclaw fight and when I had to use it for the glowing sea).

That and survival tones down the silly weight limits.

APizzaPie

Oct 27, 2017
The Witcher 3's problem was that general resources, much of which were easily accumulated by looting enemies and picking up monster parts/herbs, contributed to your total carry weight. When a game does this that's when it becomes frustrating. It's one thing to have to inventory weight manage how many armour pieces and weapons you're carrying. It's another to micromanage mushrooms, bone shards, herbs, splinters, and other stuff for game systems that require large quantities of resources for crafting.

Thanks, you articulated exactly how I feel about weight limits.

Apr 11, 2018
Australia
That little point about the broken bottle and then stabbing with the shards that are left is one of the most important thing on the list imo. Love these kinds of little details and I hope that CDPR has a whole team of people going through the entire game and making sure every little thing we can think of is interactive like this.

Zoidn

Dec 23, 2018
Yes! So it's confirmed that you won't be forced to have heels on your characters. This is probably the most exciting bit of news about the game yet.

SupremeWu

Banned
Dec 19, 2017
The only thing a 'carry weight' limit affects is how fast a player can break the games economy. Either you collect and sell everything no restrictions, or you selectively collect and sell stuff. One just takes a little longer.

(I actually prefer it taking a little longer, adds to the strategy a tiny bit)

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
Oh boy, this is easily my most anticipated game by far, but don't count the days yet. I'm willing to bet that we'll get at least one more delay...
lol it is going to get delayed bro
It won't get delayed.

CD Projekt Red wouldn't have announced a release date if they weren't absolutely sure they could commit to it.

With all their talk of "When it's ready", you better believe it's coming out April 16th 2020 or they wouldn't have said it in the first place - or had Keanu Reeves announce it.

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It won't get delayed.

CD Projekt Red wouldn't have announced a release date if they weren't absolutely sure they could commit to it.

With all their talk of "When it's ready", you better believe it's coming out April 16th 2020 or they wouldn't have said it in the first place - or had Keanu Reeves announce it.
Nobody can guarantee that a game, especially of this complexity, almost a year out won't get delayed.

Which is fine by me! Let it be perfect and melt my eyeballs.

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
Nobody can guarantee that a game, especially of this complexity, almost a year out won't get delayed.

Which is fine by me! Let it be perfect and melt my eyeballs.
It will do more than melt your eyeballs!

People seem to think that this game was started completely from scratch in 2016, when in fact that's just when all of the CDPR teams combined into one to work on it. This game has been in development since 2012 [or possibly earlier] and a small, oscillating team has carried on with it from then on, until everyone at CDPR was available to work on it after The Witcher III was completed.

The devs themselves have stated on more than one occasion that the game is much farther along than people seem to think. I would go so far as saying it's in the very late polishing stages.

The game will most definitely launch April 16th, 2020 - believe it🤘🏻

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
will never understand people who hate weight systems in role-playing games. Are you even sure you're looking to play an RPG?

Anyway, that last bullet point is worded weird. Can somebody verify the translation on it?

What does a weight system add besides a timesink and an easy way for developers to balance how much "x" money you can get from an area?

There are other ways to do that without forcing people to play inventory management, the negatives of it far outweigh any positives.

In order to balance the money issue you can simply have an inflation system in pricing for the goods you sell in a region, so yes you can pick up every-single thing you see, however when you go to sale those items, the more you have and of what type then the less valuable it becomes. This is a super-simple way to balance that without forcing players to play "let me drop this and pick up this, or let me go sell this and return to pick all this junk up."

Pachinko

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Not sure why people hate weight limits so much, Witcher 3 eventually patched itself to the point that the only concern was having a sensible amount of prep done for a quest. You could take an absurd amount of food and crafting materials around to avoid constant trips to an item box but weapons / armor rightly took up a ton of space. Quest items tended to ignore weight as well so you didn't have to drop them off either. It was a nice balance. If your inventory got filled up , that meant it was time to return to a town and sell off or break down your garbage.

I suspect Cyberpunk 2077 won't have quite as much garbage loot to worry about either , probably a lot of ammunition and the occasional gun to find but it looks to me like armor is more something you craft up or buy rather than find too often.

The character creator stuff sounds fantastic, saints row was oddly the last time I remember being able to do that. More games should aim for that level of pliability.

Guerrilla

Oct 28, 2017
It won't get delayed.

The witcher 3 was delayed multiple times though. CDPR is the best developer currently around imo, but their time management isn't the best. Nor does it need to be. Cyberpunk has been in development for so long, a few months more won't hurt. And with all the talk of crunch and how they want to combat that, I fully expect this to move to fall. This will not upset investors since it's still in the same fiscal years, and won't cost them a single sale. I'm just saying don't fill out that vacation form yet ;)

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
The witcher 3 was delayed multiple times though. CDPR is the best developer currently around imo, but their time management isn't the best. Nor does it need to be. Cyberpunk has been in development for so long, a few months more won't hurt. And with all the talk of crunch and how they want to combat that, I fully expect this to move to fall. This will not upset investors since it's still in the same fiscal years, and won't cost them a single sale. I'm just saying don't fill out that vacation form yet ;)

They also learned a lot from TW3 and one thing they have talked about is project and time management.

Didn't Jason say that now announced date is their delay back up in case they couldn't hit originally planned 2019 goal? I imagine they went directly for 2020 date announcement was partly because of their internal culture chance push regarding crunch.

Delay is possible, it always is up until moment it isn't (read: gold announcement). Same time they seem very confident about where game is at currently and about hitting announced date.

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
The word is that late 2019 was originally their target release window; so pushing it to April 2020 gives them ample time to perfect and polish the final product.
They also learned a lot from TW3 and one thing they have talked about is project and time management.

Didn't Jason say that now announced date is their delay back up in case they couldn't hit originally planned 2019 goal? I imagine they went directly for 2020 date announcement was partly because of their internal culture chance push regarding crunch.

Delay is possible, it always is up until moment it isn't (read: gold announcement). Same time they seem very confident about where game is at currently and about hitting announced date.
This🤘🏻

Ohri-Jin

Banned
Jul 11, 2019
The Netherlands
More clarification about the Religion quote:

"We do not want to avoid religion as a topic, authenticity of the world is what counts for us. Technically, the situation you mentioned is possible, but this is all about the choices made by the player. We won't encourage the player to do so. In our quests, which involve religious themes, we make sure there's no disrespect," answered Tomaskiewicz.