• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
In before "but I want boring synthwave that was cool 8 years ago when Drive was a thing"

mace999

Dec 7, 2017
While I'm glad that other kinds of music are represented in Video games, I absolutely hate this. Hope we don't have to listen to too much of this kind of music.

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Just like the first track the audio mix is a mess.

I think the track itself is pretty allright, but it's hard to enjoy when it sounds so bad.

ShadowAUS

Feb 20, 2019
Australia
It's fine... not awful by any means but it's kind of just... there and doesn't do much, not to mention the production and mixing is messtastic. I like that their mixing more genres in than just synthwavey stuff even though I like that. I would prefer something more rock-electropop-ish like RedHook/Crashing Atlas/Fifth Dawn rather than milquetoast punk.

Rosur

Oct 28, 2017
Like this one more than the last but do wish it was a bit more electro/ synthy (as what i think cyberpunk music should be).

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Like this one more than the last but do wish it was a bit more electro/ synthy (as what i think cyberpunk music should be).

This track is from the in-game band Samurai, with front man Johnny Silverhand.

Johnny Silverhand is a rockerboy. This is his style of music.

They're basically releasing real-life music of a band that appears in Cyberpunk 2020 and the game.

Deleted member 23046

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I expect some heavy inspiration around 80s/90s electro-industrial sounds, and also cheesy italo/german neo-disco because that music was contemporary and (even distantly) inspired by the cyberpunk movement. At least more than neo-classic hard-rock or snythwave, but why not, the game is going to be long with many radios to listen while driving. Tracklist and soundtrack are two different things.

Last edited:

ShadowAUS

Feb 20, 2019
Australia
I liked most of it so far (Bullet, Hyper, their first and now canned version of Chipping in, etc).
This one and Chipping in 2.0... Definitely not a fan.

Well, at least it's not rap.
If they do include rap I could totally see something along the lines of CLIPPING's "Nothing is Safe".

May not be "cyberpunk" but neither is this, despite being by a punk band it lacks any real punk.

Or even some rock electro pop with some elements of rap like RedHook.

Last edited:

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Was kind of hoping they would have went with a throw back kind of 80's post-punk style of music, that would seem more fitting to me for Samurai as a band and Keanu as the lead singer of it.

Something more in line with say, Bauhaus or something.

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
In before "but I want boring synthwave that was cool 8 years ago when Drive was a thing"

You say that but this track actually sounds like it's straight from the early 2000s...

Damn,. was hoping it would be this one

That sounds dope!

That's what it would have sounded like if Linkin Park's Chester Bennington and Mike Shinoda were replaced with a woman.
I don't hate it.

Lunar15

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's good that the game has punk-ish music in it rather than just all synthwave stuff, but at the same time I'm not sure this is it.