• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

KOHIPEET

Oct 29, 2017
That screen, the one on which his wife sits on his bike behind him is almost certainly a kind of a flashback thing. She's young, but Deacon is old.

nel e nel

Oct 27, 2017
Dont take so seriously. I just said it looks ok, its my personal opinion and you may of course disagree, this will lead nowhere, i Will post some rdr2 stuff and you will counter with something else. Lets end this futile arguments here please.

Sorry, I just can't let this slide. I'm going to need at least 3 separate sources with footnotes using the AP style guide before I'll accept that you don't like something that I like.

GAMEZ R CEERIOUS BIDNISS!!

Magoo

Oct 28, 2017
UK
At least this will be the first Sony game in a while where braaier can't give give an awfully wrong prediction now he's been perma'd.

CosmicSea

Alt account
Banned
Feb 5, 2019
Sorry, I just can't let this slide. I'm going to need at least 3 separate sources with footnotes using the AP style guide before I'll accept that you don't like something that I like.

GAMEZ R CEERIOUS BIDNISS!!
I don't think it's that crazy to ask how game stands out graphically, he says 1 single game , that happens to come from the biggest developer on the planet with a massive budget...I mean RDR 2 looks great..but what exactly about the visuals stand out from say Assassins creed Odyssey or any other open world game? Are we gonna expect Rockstar polish from every game now?

nel e nel

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think it's that crazy to ask how game stands out graphically, he says 1 single game , that happens to come from the biggest developer on the planet with a massive budget...I mean RDR 2 looks great..but what exactly about the visuals stand out from say Assassins creed Odyssey or any other open world game? Are we gonna expect Rockstar polish from every game now?

I think it's interesting that folks who aren't hype are either dismissed as lazy or have to back up their opinion, but folks who are excited get a free pass. This happens in lots of preview threads.

Deleted member 10847

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Does this really needs an answer?

CosmicSea

Alt account
Banned
Feb 5, 2019
I think it's interesting that folks who aren't hype are either dismissed as lazy or have to back up their opinion, but folks who are excited get a free pass. This happens in lots of preview threads.
No one is doing this here...... Someone makes a claim but zero to back it up, the onus is on them.....Again are we gonna expect every game to have Rockstar polish now? I mean it should not have to be said how silly bringing up RDr is anyway. Rockstar is Rockstar....Odyssey looks amazing btw and the world is a million times denser then RDR 2's....

I mean two pages ago I asked what and how does any AAA game stand out graphically and why that matters...i'm still waiting for an answer. Only thing I got was But RDR 2.

nel e nel

Oct 27, 2017
No one is doing this here...... Someone makes a claim but zero to back it up, the onus is on them.....Again are we gonna expect every game to have Rockstar polish now? I mean it should not have to be said how silly bringing up RDr is anyway. Rockstar is Rockstar....Odyssey looks amazing btw and the world is a million times denser then RDR 2's....

I mean two pages ago I asked what and how does any AAA game stand out graphically and why that matters...i'm still waiting for an answer. Only thing I got was But RDR 2.

I have yet to see anyone back up why they are hype beyond just saying they are hyped, and they like what they see in the videos. But the one or two people who say they don't like what they see are interrogated and ignored.

Me, I thought it looked like Zombie meets Sons of Anarchy. SoA jumped the shark hard, so that's giving me some bad hunches of how the characters and story will go.

I'm also over the gruff white guy protagonist whose love interest gets fridged in the prologue and is the reason they are gruff and distant. In terms of gameplay it's certainly more interesting the more I've seen, but I'm not seeing anything really new or innovative beyond the horde mechanics.

How about you explain why you are hyped?

Last edited:

CosmicSea

Alt account
Banned
Feb 5, 2019
I have yet to see anyone back up why they are hype beyond just saying they are hyped, and they like what they see in the videos. But the one or two people who say they don't like what they see are interrogated and ignored.
?? What does any of this have to do with this conversation at all? Go make a topic about it or something or ask someone why they are excited for Days gone then?

Juan29.Zapata

Oct 25, 2017
Colombia
I feel this game got way too much Sony 1st party treatment. When it was first shown it looked like a hordesim almost, arcade-y and fun. Now it looks like a Naughty Dog wanna be. Looks like a fucking slog.
Lmao, first emphasis on story since the reveal, and now it's a "fucking slog"? Damn, dude.

Anyway, the pics look fantastic.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
Crazy how much progress this has made the past couple months, especially compared to something like Crackdown 3 which if anything looks like it's gone backwards since having it's SP and MP shown at E3 and XO18 respectively.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Looks great. Good sense of emotion and closeness conveyed even in these screens.

Also, this thread and others about Days Gone have been an absolute riot. Some people go full on inept when discussing Sony first party it seems. Some will ignore the bulk of Sony's first party catalogue to make a particular narrative stick. Others throw around the word generic when they evidently don't know what it means or are instead using it lazily (Deacon's is not generic, neither is the biker gang culture in video games). Some will find the most reductive stuff to use as examples of being samey (eg a third person camera and similar looking foliage or fauna lol). Others preemptively condemn the game for certain narrative tropes whilst simultaneously having an avatar of and/or having a history of championing games that exemplify the use of similar overused narrative tropes, which is somewhat ironic. And so on. It's pretty funny.

According to at least one person in this thread, God of War and Horizon are too similar. Also the trees/fauna in Days Gone look like trees/fauna in other Sony games and Joel looks like Deacon lol. You can't help but laugh or shake your head.

I'm all for constructive criticism, and for all we know this game could end up being a dud, though it could just as well end up being great, but some of these points are next level ridiculous. It's like some won't be satisfied unless the trees in the game are bright pink and the character is fluffy and has a tail or something, even though this is supposed to be a game grounded in reality and actually set in a real location.

Last edited:

lapsu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 31, 2017
tumblr_ojvn5567kN1vlv3avo1_540.gif

I have to say, I really like the design of Deacon. Hopefully he is a well-written character. Does the game have dialogue choices?

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You're welcome. Of course, that was from 8 months ago so it's possible that plans have changed but I hope that collector's edition image or whatever edition it was that also listed two expansions or something like that stay true.
I would already be happy if we get one expansion as big as The Frozen Wilds or The Old Hunters. Can't wait!

The OT is going to be something else.
Nah, the review thread will be. The OT will be okay, because you will get banned if you derail the OT with stupid nonsense and drive-by posts.

Segafreak

Oct 27, 2017
I feel this game got way too much Sony 1st party treatment. When it was first shown it looked like a hordesim almost, arcade-y and fun. Now it looks like a Naughty Dog wanna be. Looks like a fucking slog.
The game got announced like a Naughty Dog type of cinematic game so what are you saying?

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Sarah looks like she hails from the same lineage of Elena Fisher. At least one of them ended up with the better fate but at times shittier husbando.

Deleted member 17952

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
To be honest, Days Gone looks as exciting as much as people keep saying how great Crackdown 3 looks like.

As much as I love TLoU, I'm not feeling this one.