• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Jan 20, 2019
Collect stuff to build custom weapon, fight hordes of zombies...in what way I'm totally wrong about it? It's not like reply "you are objectively wrong" "it's false" at every post give you some point. By the way it's my last post. Don't want to irritate too much.

Figth hordes, usuing the hordes to figth another humans. That is one, of the many points, that makes the game not generic.

You can go looking, tell me a Zombie game that allows you to do that.

OP
OP
Loudninja

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
I also like stealth games and will focus on stealth and melee with Days Gone.

When I remember correctly, Days Gone has a stealth skill tree.
Stealth plays a big part of game since gin fore can attract alot of attention, thats why they have a noise metter as well .g No specific stealth tree but who knows what skills are in those 3 categories

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
Game is not generic because there were no other aaa open world zombie survival game this gen ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I saw often DayZ mentioned in DG threads but lol....imo that looks very ugly and even more important, DayZ is not available for PS4.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I also like stealth games and will focus on stealth and melee with Days Gone.
Same here. Imo it's funny when I hear Youtubers during their Let's Play saying "No, not stealth. I'm so bad at it. I hate stealth." while I love it. You need more skills for it, instead of run and gun. I always stealth if it's possible. So yeah, can't wait for Days Gone :D

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
Same here. Imo it's funny when I hear Youtubers during their Let's Play saying "No, not stealth. I'm so bad at it. I hate stealth." while I love it. You need more skills for it, instead of run and gun. I always stealth if it's possible. So yeah, can't wait for Days Gone :D

When it's possible, I always choose stealth :)

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017
These scrrens remind me of something...

Married_With_Children_Heels_on_Wheels_al+rider.JPG

7b6ee9595a24552ed48d2b8acddc2569--al-bundy-married-with-children.jpg

;)
Omg lmfao

CosmicSea

Alt account
Banned
Feb 5, 2019
I can't avoid to continue to find a waste of money such ip. This genre is completely saturated. Why not invest in something of more original or a reboot of SF (part it's the team of Siphon Filter). What a waste of money and talent. Can't stop to shake my head about this release.
This again..can someone please tell me what AAA open world zombie games that are like Days gone i've missed this gen? Posts in Days gone thread are woefully bad. Waste of talent? I can't stop shaking my head at the ignorance on display in this post. Imagine being a dev at Bend, working on this game for years, and are proud of the work done, then read people just dismiss it like this post?

I thought you said you'd watched every available video on the game. Yet... you're posting reductionary crap like this to somehow summarise the game's various gameplay systems when you should know better according to yourself? You're backing up exactly why it is that people are quick to call out others in these threads.
It's clear what folks are doing in this thread...anyone who consistently uses generic/Bland can safely be ignored as they almost never elaborate on anything. It's lazy nothing criticism when people just want to shit on something the majority of the time.

Last edited:

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Game is not generic because there were no other aaa open world zombie survival game this gen ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I saw often DayZ mentioned in DG threads but lol....imo that looks very ugly and even more important, DayZ is not available for PS4.
The only comparable games this gen are State of Decay 2 and Dying Light. And it's been four years since Dying Light. Everything else has been narrative games (TWD), strategy games (They Are Billions), or small indie titles (Death Road To Canada)

OP
OP
Loudninja

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Some of those stealth details seems more pure stealth-focused than a lot of modern stealth games. A noise meter, contextual noise levels based on weather, etc
Some nice stealth mechanics for an open world game.

The only comparable games this gen are State of Decay 2 and Dying Light. And it's been four years since Dying Light. Everything else has been narrative games (TWD), strategy games (They Are Billions), or small indie titles (Death Road To Canada)
Yep there also World War Z but that is co-op focus.

OP
OP
Loudninja

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Still the best gameplay video to me since it shows you alot of stuff, ti shows most of the stuff from the latest trailers as well.

This is also with just a few weapons and explosives

Kelegacy

Nov 12, 2017
Maine
The same way I dislike most online-only multiplayer-only games, I think the people that dislike the Sony 1st party 3rd person single player titles like Uncharted, TLoU, GoW, etc will dislike this one too. For me, it's my jam so I will slather it on my bread and devour it. Hope it's great. Looks up my alley anyway.

Shock32

Oct 27, 2017
Anybody preorder and check out the sawmill theme? The music is pretty damn cool. Reminded me of the last of the mohicans theme.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Still the best gameplay video to me since it shows you alot of stuff, ti shows most of the stuff from the latest trailers as well.

This is also with just a few weapons and explosives

The bike survival elements look like they're going to get annoying. I'll just want to get on the bike and ride but instead I'll be needing to repair the bike, and find fuel for the bike. Not sure how that is fun when you're going to have plenty of other survival elements in the game to worry about as it is. That aside, I still think the game looks really pretty and I think Bend has totally nailed the atmosphere.

I'm just really torn. On one hand I really want to embrace the world of Days Gone, as I love its setting. But on the other, I hate all that survival and crafting nonsense.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
The bike survival elements look like they're going to get annoying. I'll just want to get on the bike and ride but instead I'll be needing to repair the bike, and find fuel for the bike. Not sure how that is fun when you're going to have plenty of other survival elements in the game to worry about as it is. That aside, I still think the game looks really pretty and I think Bend has totally nailed the atmosphere.

I'm just really torn. On one hand I really want to embrace the world of Days Gone, as I love its setting. But on the other, I hate all that survival and crafting nonsense.

Considering that its a survival game that centers around riding a motorcycle its the most logical thing to make the focus of the survival elements besides Deacon himself.

2CL4Mars

Nov 9, 2018

Watching the game informer interview, what one of the leads said was that the survival element is more tied to the bike rather than thing like, hunger management etc.

OP
OP
Loudninja

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017

Its better to have the elements on the bike then the person itself.Besides you can upgrade you bike to take less fuel or damage.

Ricky_R

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Micromanaging the bike is definitely something I'm not really looking forward to, but it is what it is. Hopefully the upgrades will eventually make the experience conseribly less high maintenance.

At least controlling the bike looks great and according to impressions it feels as such.

Oct 25, 2017
The bike management just seems to be a gameplay limiter. If you just have a standard bike you can hop on at any time, it trivializes threats. They had to do something to keep it from being a big trump card for the player. At least as you play through anyway. I'm sure your fully customized bike will be pretty good in the latter portion of the game.

Osiris397

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's crazy, I wasn't really that into this game until I went to Oregon a couple of months ago and got to see some the landscape and some other areas for the first time with my own eyes. Especially out near near the Yachats and it's just beautiful and haunting there, just a very unique area. Endless pine forrests with trees seemingly as tall as skyscrapers, haunting tree tunnel lined streets with mossy pines that will evoke comparisons to middle earth, mountains that reach almost into the ocean. There's just a really rich environment for storytelling and I hope they take advantage of it well.

CosmicSea

Alt account
Banned
Feb 5, 2019
Micromanaging the bike is definitely something I'm not really looking forward to, but it is what it is. Hopefully the upgrades will eventually make the experience conseribly less high maintenance.

At least controlling the bike looks great and according to impressions it feels as such.
I think you guys are exaggerating, there are many ways to implement this without being annoying...

Ricky_R

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I think you guys are exaggerating, there are many ways to implement this without being annoying...

Well if it's anything as simple as managing RDR2's horse then cool. I mean, it won't be game breaking or anything, but having to fill tank throughout the game may become annoying if done wrong. Fixing damage as well if parts are hard to come by or are easier to find if you are a heavy explorer, thus punishing those who don't enjoy scavenging every corner.

All this will depend on how they tackle it of course, and I trust they put a lot of thought behind it, but I'm not necessarily in love with the general idea of micromanaging that bike.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Loudninja

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
It suppose to be an inconvenience something you always have to keep in mind it ups the fear factor as well since if you are not paying attention you can be stranded someone where.

I am find with it since its not a hunger or thirst meter or any of that other stuff.Just have to keep your bike maintain.

AgentOtaku

Oct 27, 2017
Watching that TGS walkthru and I gotta give Bend credit.... takes some balls to legit put kids in the game that you have to kill to survive. Granted they're mutant, freaky-freaker things, but it's still unnerving to watch none the less, especially as a parent.

Oct 26, 2017
Seeing these made me go rewatch the first hour Gameinformer video and holyy I did not realize that thing was at 3.5 million views. It's actually their most viewed youtube video, second place was only at 1.8 million views. The thirst is real!

Mezoly

Jimbo Replacement
Oct 25, 2017
Seeing these made me go rewatch the first hour Gameinformer video and holyy I did not realize that thing was at 3.5 million views. It's actually their most viewed youtube video, second place was only at 1.8 million views. The thirst is real!

The game YouTube views metrics have been pretty great since announcement. Even the new weekly trailers reach over a mill cumulative in a couple of days.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
The bike management just seems to be a gameplay limiter. If you just have a standard bike you can hop on at any time, it trivializes threats. They had to do something to keep it from being a big trump card for the player. At least as you play through anyway. I'm sure your fully customized bike will be pretty good in the latter portion of the game.
Yup, it's all about making survival encounters matter, and managing the pacing of the experience. At the start you are given a souped up bike, and then it is taken away from you and you need to build it back up again. The same with Boozer's shotgun, you are given a high power weapon to give you a taste and then it is taken away from you, and you have to build up your arsenal. I like this approach.

Oct 25, 2017
Yup, it's all about making survival encounters matter, and managing the pacing of the experience. At the start you are given a souped up bike, and then it is taken away from you and you need to build it back up again. The same with Boozer's shotgun, you are given a high power weapon to give you a taste and then it is taken away from you, and you have to build up your arsenal. I like this approach.
Well actually you can choose to fuck over boozer and keep the shotgun at least lmao(I'll be doing just that)

Chris Metal

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
It suppose to be an inconvenience something you always have to keep in mind it ups the fear factor as well since if you are not paying attention you can be stranded someone where.

I am find with it since its not a hunger or thirst meter or any of that other stuff.Just have to keep your bike maintain.
Mad max had a fuel/water management system, that turned out a fun mechanic, but it was more arcade with plenty about to collect for your car for upgrades and stuff. I'm not worried about DG and it seems to be more intrinsic to the core bike /world gameplay.

Oct 25, 2017
Oh I thought you could choose, but if you try and keep it, it negatively affects the relationship. Either way him keeping the shotgun.

Guess I'll have to rewatch that part.
Yea once you drop him off at the tower you can leave him with the shotgun or take it with you. He can't use it his arm messed up I'm taking that bad boy 😂😂

OP
OP
Loudninja

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Mad max had a fuel/water management system, that turned out a fun mechanic, but it was more arcade with plenty about to collect for your car for upgrades and stuff. I'm not worried about DG and it seems to be more intrinsic to the core bike /world gameplay.
Yeah but getting gas was really easy in mad max gas stations seems to have others there actually looking for it lol.

I am not worry about this stuff though I am sure they find the right balance .

Oh I thought you could choose, but if you try and keep it, it negatively affects the relationship. Either way him keeping the shotgun.

Guess I'll have to rewatch that part.
No it will have a negative impact

The game has always done rather well in views the first gameplay is over 10 million

Last edited: