• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Loudninja

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
I am wondering now how much this will be in flashbacks or thr beginning of the game.
Who knows we did see the first hour already but they could have took this out I dont know.That one gameplay screen they have makes me think its myabe a flashback mission or a cutscene

For the new page
DzEt97OVYAAr6XP.jpg:large

Last edited:

ItIsOkBro

Happy New Year!!
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
quite frankly when this game was announced i had zombie fatigue, now all these years later and after playing remake 2 i have a thirst for more zombies.

Bung Hole

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
Auckland, New Zealand
The bike survival elements look like they're going to get annoying. I'll just want to get on the bike and ride but instead I'll be needing to repair the bike, and find fuel for the bike. Not sure how that is fun when you're going to have plenty of other survival elements in the game to worry about as it is. That aside, I still think the game looks really pretty and I think Bend has totally nailed the atmosphere.

I'm just really torn. On one hand I really want to embrace the world of Days Gone, as I love its setting. But on the other, I hate all that survival and crafting nonsense.
I'd rather have the survival elements on the bike than on the character. Read Dead 2 put me off playing the game because you have to eat, sleep, shit and piss and it gets so fucking annoying and tedious. Honestly if Rockstar patches that shit out, i may play the game again. Unforunately they already have my money.

s y

Nov 8, 2017
The skin is very good in this game. In almost all gameplay and cutscenes it's very convincing looking. Very good sss(i think that's what it is) implementation. You can really tell that the skin is absorbing light.

strange hope but it would be cool to have deacon die at the end and make a create a character for post game stuff.

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home
Same :)
Btw. I guess DG won't have a story dlc, because Bend Studio is a way smaller studio (compared to ND or GG). That alone makes me kinda sad already :P
Maybe it will actually... somebody on this very forum found this before it was taken down (source: It was from PlayStation EU's twitter ).

DyKHYekX4AAX2lq.jpg:large

"Access to 3 post-campaign survivor stories with new missions and jobs". Is this a first confirmation of a post-launch DLC?

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Who knows we did see the first hour already but they could have took this out I dont know.That one gameplay screen they have makes me think its myabe a flashback mission or a cutscene

For the new page

I'm guessing she works at some medical lab or something? Is this from the engagement? She just leaves her work place Id around her neck while they hang out in their biker clothes and get hitched?

I've been gathering a lot of hype from these trailers but this shot has "videogamed" me so hard. If it turns out she works at some kind of medical facility where the outbreak starts or something. Or just some kind of connection with the virus, that's just bad.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Models, vegetation, and LOD are superb, but I feel like the lighting is pretty flat.

I love modern open world games, the LODs are fantastic.

Jaxar

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Well my pre-order is in. I've always liked the look of this game and it gets better the more I see.

Bring on launch.

Magoo

Oct 28, 2017
UK
I'm guessing she works at some medical lab or something? Is this from the engagement? She just leaves her work place Id around her neck while they hang out in their biker clothes and get hitched?
I mean look at them stood there with their sleeve tattoo's and biker rings on....oh but I have my nice workplace keycard around my neck.

To me it looks more like that she's at work sometime during the cutscene and he gets her away for a minute and does an impromptu engagement proposal. They're outside somewhere not romantic looking and she's holding some crappy picked flowers. If the shot was them sat at a café at night in Paris and she's wearing it then yeah, it might as well have a big flashing sign around.

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
To me it looks more like that she's at work sometime during the cutscene and he gets her away for a minute and does an impromptu engagement proposal. They're outside somewhere not romantic looking and she's holding some crappy picked flowers. If the shot was them sat at a café at night in Paris and she's wearing it then yeah, it might as well have a big flashing sign around.

Ok, I get that...potentially. So the guy is spontaneous and doesn't plan his engagement at all? just decides to grab her out of work. I'll hold judgement until I see the context but I am also concerned that the story is that she is going to work at some facility or something somewhere, with those sleeve tattoos etc. It's the first thing I've seen fora few weeks now where it could be potentially cringy and really put me off.

Abu

Oct 25, 2017
😏
Ok, I get that...potentially. So the guy is spontaneous and doesn't plan his engagement at all? just decides to grab her out of work. I'll hold judgement until I see the context but I am also concerned that the story is that she is going to work at some facility or something somewhere, with those sleeve tattoos etc. It's the first thing I've seen fora few weeks now where it could be potentially cringy and really put me off.
What is it with you and tattoos? They make you cringe? Of all the things to complain about, you chose the tattoos? For real?

breh 😂😂

CosmicSea

Alt account
Banned
Feb 5, 2019
People are legit coming up with the weirdest shit to complain about lol.

OutofMana

Oct 25, 2017
California

For the new page
He looks weird without the beard! lol. She has that uncanny valley thing going on but other than that, I think it looks great. I really hope this game is good.

Magoo

Oct 28, 2017
UK

The first picture in this thread actually looks like the proposal.

29nxsf9.jpg

The part about working in a lab with sleeves tattoos does seem like a strange hang up. Not like she has a spider web on her face and she's running for prime minister.

I'd probably vote for that person though.

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I'd get whatever hangup he has if she had a 1%er neck tattoo or something racist on her knuckles, but I've worked with several heavily tatted engineers and geologists, some in management roles. Tattoos aren't the career killer they were perceived as in the past.

CosmicSea

Alt account
Banned
Feb 5, 2019
I'd get whatever hangup he has if she had a 1%er neck tattoo or something racist on her knuckles, but I've worked with several heavily tatted engineers and geologists, some in management roles. Tattoos aren't the career killer they were perceived as in the past.
The fact that someone is complaining about this in a game is pretty mind blowing to me, maybe he's stuck in a time warp in the 80's or something. Two high up Directors here have tats, one has a sleeve..

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
People think I have issues with tattoos, haha My friends are covered in them and we all work together at a large PC manufacturer. I have more of an issue with the tie in if she works at the lab, thats what I'm saying. Like it's such a "story" tie in. It's like you are not allowed to have a complaint. I just think that image looks wack, it's trying so hard IMO.

Bikers covered in tattoos, backwards caps, skeleton rings...and you wont believe it...she works at the lab where it all breaks out....eugh

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They could make their passionate project with a different setting. I'm tired of zombie and post apocalyptic scenario.
They are passionate about zombies and biker gangs. They don't care if you are tired of zombie games. What a ridiculous post

I play games every day. And i haven't played many zombie games since tlou which came out 5 and a half years ago on a last gen console. I skipped dead rising 3 because i thought it looked juvenile after tlou. I thought state of decay which was ok but felt like an indie game. Re7 and re2 are incredible but they are very linear and different from days gone which is set in a vast open world with hundreds of zombies on screen at once.

The quality here is what sets it apart from state of decay, dead rising 3, and world war z. I have never seen zombies move like that in a video game. It reminds me of World War Z the movie.

CosmicSea

Alt account
Banned
Feb 5, 2019
People think I have issues with tattoos, haha My friends are covered in them and we all work together at a large PC manufacturer. I have more of an issue with the tie in if she works at the lab, thats what I'm saying. Like it's such a "story" tie in. It's like you are not allowed to have a complaint. I just think that image looks wack, it's trying so hard IMO.

Bikers covered in tattoos, backwards caps, skeleton rings...and you wont believe it...she works at the lab where it all breaks out....eugh
Really don't get the entire point of your posts then? Trying too hard because a few characters have tatoos? ok bro. One min you say it;s normal...then ay they are trying to hard...

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I'm saying it's bad within the plot if she is tied in to the outbreak....oh man.

I was just saying that, within my excitement that was building for the game I would find it cringy if she is connected to the outbreak, that's all

Funky_Monkey

Oct 31, 2017
I'm saying it's bad within the plot if she is tied in to the outbreak....oh man.

I was just saying that, within my excitement that was building for the game I would find it cringy if she is connected to the outbreak, that's all

While it would be somewhat obvious, knowing about her biology based career, I do not think it would be have to be cringy. It depends on how they handle it. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, and believe they can handle it well.

Fastidioso

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
They are passionate about zombies and biker gangs. They don't care if you are tired of zombie games. What a ridiculous post

I play games every day. And i haven't played many zombie games since tlou which came out 5 and a half years ago on a last gen console. I skipped dead rising 3 because i thought it looked juvenile after tlou. I thought state of decay which was ok but felt like an indie game. Re7 and re2 are incredible but they are very linear and different from days gone which is set in a vast open world with hundreds of zombies on screen at once.

The quality here is what sets it apart from state of decay, dead rising 3, and world war z. I have never seen zombies move like that in a video game. It reminds me of World War Z the movie.
It's not a ridiculous post. It's an opinion. We can agree or disagree. I well explained the mechanics and whole genre have reached the peak of the saturation. I'm not sure how it's ridiculous feel in that way. I'm tired of the hysteria of the replies. I said it was my last post about it but it's annoying to read many post to the limit of the personal insult.

Oct 25, 2017
I can't avoid to continue to find a waste of money such ip. This genre is completely saturated. Why not invest in something of more original or a reboot of SF (part it's the team of Siphon Filter). What a waste of money and talent. Can't stop to shake my head about this release.
How is it saturated when you can count the number of new, AAA zombie games this gen on one hand? Days Gone is actually filling a hole.

Oct 27, 2017
It's not a ridiculous post. It's an opinion. We can agree or disagree. I well explained the mechanics and whole genre have reached the peak of the saturation. I'm not sure how it's ridiculous feel in that way. I'm tired of the hysteria of the replies. I said it was my last post about it but it's annoying to read many post to the limit of the personal insult.

I don't think you have explained it really. As has been posted many, many (many) times, Days Gone is doing all kinds of interesting things that haven't really been explored in recent years (or at all maybe?) in the AAA space. Without being reductive about the mechanics I can't think of any games I've played that attempted what Days Gone is doing.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
How is it saturated when you can count the number of new, AAA zombie games this gen on one hand? Days Gone is actually filling a hole.
Comments like that feel like they're from another decade. The 2009-2011 years gave us World At War's Zombie mode, Plants vs Zombies, Dead Nation, RDR Undead Nightmare, Dead Island, Yakuza: Dead Souls, etc. ZombiU and the first TWD came out in 2012

Now? AAA zombie games are rare, and open world AAA zombie games are even rarer. Indie games are the most common nowadays

Saying the zombie genre is saturated today makes no sense.

CosmicSea

Alt account
Banned
Feb 5, 2019
Still waiting for one person to tell me all these AAA open world zombie games like Days gone that I seemed to have missed. As for the rest of your post..people explain it, even send articles and links, you just either :

A: Ignore it and never respond

b: Just hand wave it away

Maybe if you actually tried to elaborate when people ask you something instead of doubling down on very vague statements, people would stop quoting you.

Opinions can still be wrong and ridiculous.

OP
OP
Loudninja

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Probably. The pacific NW seems to have a surprising number of idiots who think vaccinations do more harm than good and don't vaccinate their kids. Perhaps the freakers are the unvaccinated people who caught measles and it mutated.
I can 100% see this happening.

Comments like that feel like they're from another decade. The 2009-2011 years gave us World At War's Zombie mode, Plants vs Zombies, Dead Nation, RDR Undead Nightmare, Dead Island, Yakuza: Dead Souls, etc. ZombiU and the first TWD came out in 2012

Now? AAA zombie games are rare, and open world AAA zombie games are even rarer. Indie games are the most common nowadays

Saying the zombie genre is saturated today makes no sense.
Yeah honesty dont get it at all you dont hear this as much military shooters which we get atleast 2 every single year now.

Heck many more fighters and battle Royale games are popping up then zombie games.

Last edited: