• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
I'm an idiot, sorry.

Edit: I've just been watching videos of death stranding and I'm hyped.
Forgot how good it looks.
You are far from an idiot, don't be hard on yourself :)
The release date trailer is a hype machine in and of itself. If youhave time, watch all the trailers but in the reverse release order , there's a theory that they were released inversed chronologicaly, so release date trailer is from the begining of the game and reveal trailer is much further in the story.

Feb 10, 2018
You are far from an idiot, don't be hard on yourself :)
The release date trailer is a hype machine in and of itself. If youhave time, watch all the trailers but in the reverse release order , there's a theory that they were released inversed chronologicaly, so release date trailer is from the begining of the game and reveal trailer is much further in the story.

Thank you for being kind 🤗

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
How many of you honestly think that this game will blow people away?

Me. Believed since day 1, Kojima has something very special in store for us imo

odfO3v1.gif

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
People is pretty vague ^^
I think the game will be well received and badly received, Kojima might have something to say through this game which, with the broad subject of connections he uses for DS, and his taste for talking about society through his games, might be interesting to see. And he might pull of a great fictional story to say it so win win ^^
And anyway if the gameplay is really good/innovative it will be praised (see MGSV)

Derktron

Banned
Jun 6, 2019
I seriously hope this comes to PC. I'm holding off getting a PS4 because of PS5. But seeing this has me tempted to get a PS4 just for this game.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I think the gameplay will surprise a lot of people.

It will just be delivering things, and mostly include walking and being very cautious, but I think many are going to love it, especially if there's as much survival mechanics as i'm hoping for like hydrating, resting etc.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I think it will be divisive. There will be people disappointed it's not an MGS game or a shootbang game. There will be people who mock it for not revolutionizing the entire medium of video games (which is a fake expectation made up by trolls, but you can still expect to see a bunch of those posts). I think the people who simply enjoy it on its own terms will find it to be an unique, affecting, and invigorating game.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Everything I have seen makes it look like a walking simulator starring all of his celebrity friends. But, the Kojima hardcore will eat it up.
The only Kojima games I've ever liked were MGS 3 and 5, and this is one of my most anticipated games in years, right up there with Last of Us 2, Disco Elysium, and others. Everything we've seen has demonstrated this being one of the most interesting and exciting gameplay-driven AAA titles in a long time. Making traversal as mechanically-driven as combat and other systems that games tend to focus on is so exciting to me. That, along with the surreal cosmic horror apocalypse.

I usually can't stand or am totally indifferent to Kojima's plots, but the world and world-building/backstory of this game looks fascinating

Boots The God

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
All these posts are from a thread about the still images Kojima posts on his twitter that from the beginning have always been Sam doing nothing, alone in the screenshot in the wild. If not concern trolling , it's still a bit suspicious that all these posts base their "nothing to do in this barren game" opinion on these screenshots that voluntarily show nothing, and when you mention the gameplay that has already been shown and or explained, nobody answers anymore. But anyway, everyone is entitled to their opinion so :)

My opinion is based on the lacked on real solid gameplay footage. I'm not really concerned about these photos. It's fine for people to be excited. I'm just not one of them. Not yet anyway

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
My opinion is based on the lacked on real solid gameplay footage. I'm not really concerned about these photos. It's fine for people to be excited. I'm just not one of them. Not yet anyway
It s true that the gameplay elements at the moments are more explained than showed. It s perfectly understandable to be worried because of this, personnaly I think it is so for a reason :)

Seeya

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There is nothing wrong with slow, but RDR doesn't feel great to control. Kojima's games do, TPP is a masterpiece in how it controls.

TTP is so good to control that it actually made me unable to finish Horizon Zero Dawn (which didn't control great, but going from perfect controls at 60fps to average/sub par controls at 30 just made me unable to get back into Zero Dawn).

Cugel

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 7, 2017
I still don't understand what you do in this game, which is held back on purpose of course.
I just hope it won't be a case of "all this... for that?"

Ryo

Oct 28, 2017
I think it will be divisive. There will be people disappointed it's not an MGS game or a shootbang game. There will be people who mock it for not revolutionizing the entire medium of video games (which is a fake expectation made up by trolls, but you can still expect to see a bunch of those posts). I think the people who simply enjoy it on its own terms will find it to be an unique, affecting, and invigorating game.
There's almost certainly some reviewers and players that have already made up their minds about how pretentious and boring it will be but they'll be in the minority if it turns out great.

MGSV had a lot of perfect scores and it's flaws were overlooked, when you look at the review summaries on Metacritic you can see how many of them worship Kojima.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017

*Raises hand*

I think it'll probably be decisive in all honesty but, for many, it'll blow them away. Kojima has consistently created incredible games that are fascinating in tone and story but that also play great. I couldn't be more hyped. Most anticipated game of the year. I love that they've shared so little so far.

Firefly

Jul 10, 2018
off-screen photos of a game releasing in 3 months in 2019? How hard is it to release a direct feed screenshot?

bulletyen

Nov 12, 2017
You know what, the mysterious nature of this game made me suddenly recall a certain film. Given Kojima is a movie buff, I wager it wouldn't be a stretch he borrowed from Tarkovsky's Stalker, a languidly paced contemplative journey about isolated characters who enter into The Zone, an unsettling but serene place where strange and surreal things happen. Like Tarkovsky's other films, it contains cryptic dialogue and a story which is ulitimately open to interpretation and difficult to decipher. I think it is quite possible Tarkovsky has had an impact on Kojima's latest.

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
That's it.

I've hit that point where there's a moment prerelease for a game that just smacks you in the face and you get that good ole warmth in your belly. Aka hype as fuck for this game.

Looks so good. I am beyond ready for this one. Could be his best yet...

Boots The God

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It s true that the gameplay elements at the moments are more explained than showed. It s perfectly understandable to be worried because of this, personnaly I think it is so for a reason :)
I'm optimistic as well. Terrible story aside, I enjoyed MGSV's gameplay. I just hope this game doesn't consist of hiding from every enemy that isn't a person. If we don't get to fight that big ink monster I'm gonna salty 😂

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
i feel like the game will either at the very least, be a good game, that doesn't necessarily break the wheel in terms of being this super original game that kojima is hyping it up to be, or that it will be that, a game that is truly unique and takes the gaming industry by storm. I'm hoping for that latter but i'd be good with the former tbh.

I'm having a hard time seeing this becoming an outright bad game or something forgettable. but hell, i could be wrong. maybe this is another NMS situation. (doubt it)

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
I'm optimistic as well. Terrible story aside, I enjoyed MGSV's gameplay. I just hope this game doesn't consist of hiding from every enemy that isn't a person. If we don't get to fight that big ink monster I'm gonna salty 😂
In the JP version of the release date trailer Sam fights the big monster with tentacles we see in the other trailer (2nd i think) with the body recovery team