• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

bcatwilly

Oct 27, 2017
I have to believe that any trailer will have some legit gameplay at this point given all of the strange stuff up until this point. Also for those that are somehow thinking that some big Sony event is happening around the E3 timeframe, Shawn Layden's own words about not going to E3 were that they feel that they need to have something big to say when gathering everyone together like that. So you would have to believe that they are crapping on E3 itself and all of their 3rd party partners that would benefit from them being there to pull some backdoor fake out to have some big event after lying about not doing any event around E3.

Shin-Ra

Nov 1, 2017
Geoff packed my bags last night, pre-flight
Zero hour, nine A.M.
And I'm gonna be high as a kite by then

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
Still no excitement whatsoever towards this, I guess as long as I don't see what the actual gameplay is about I'm not gonna be swayed.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
#
I think I'll believe the company saying it has literally zero presence at or even around E3.

Sony said they would not "activate an event around E3" when asked about doing an off-site event similar to other companies. That statement is wide open to interpretation and could mean they're not doing anything in the vicinity of E3 (ie. could be in another part of the world) or it could mean they won't do anything during the specific period of E3, so before or after is fine.

Dunno if they will actually do anything or not other than maybe some trailers online and maybe a State of Play, but their past statement doesn't preclude an event if they should choose to do one. Not to mention, plans can always change

BitsandBytes

Dec 16, 2017
He was the same person that leaked the Call of Duty reveal. So he does some credibility.

And both, a Call of Duty reveal and Death Stranding trailer are due for next week.

Also, shinobi has heard that there is a Sony event on the works as well.

Its just industry chatter, at the moment. Yes. But too many alarms are being set off and I doubt Sony is going to stay silent during E3.

If an event is being planned (Shinobi is a pretty solid source!) then I'd imagine a tease just before, or more likely, just after Microsoft's E3 briefing is when an announcement video might be put up. Assuming Sony are up for the PR games.

Still nowhere close to believing it especially as it seems we're about to final get to see the real DS. Why overshadow that?

On the other hand Sony did announce PS5 on Dreams early access day. So conflicted.

Toni

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Orlando, Florida
Also, leaving this here

Zhuge:

Theres definitely a something-Playstation -related event happening soon. Wether that is a another SoP remains to be seen.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, this didn't clearly lay out how this game will fit within the template of pre-established genre conventions. Kohima needs to stop existing anywhere other than in his studio until the game looks like something I am used to.

bcatwilly

Oct 27, 2017
If an event is being planned (Shinobi is a pretty solid source!) then I'd imagine a tease just before, or more likely, just after Microsoft's E3 briefing is when an announcement video might be put up. Assuming Sony are up for the PR games.

Still nowhere close to believing it especially as it seems we're about to final get to see the real DS. Why overshadow that?

On the other hand Sony did announce PS5 on Dreams early access day. So conflicted.

IMO the only way that it makes any sense for Sony to be doing a big event anywhere near the E3 timeframe is if they are pretty much trying to destroy E3 completely going forward by design, as they could have just gone there to do the same thing. That is why I don't believe anything happens like that before the fall at the earliest, but if they did that then there is a real chance of blowback by third parties that benefit from support by the platform holders at E3.

GTOAkira

Sep 1, 2018
It was also reported by Julien Chieze, french video game reporter, that there would many state of play until E3. Seeing how a big game such as FF7R was showed during a state of play anything can happens

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
I can't imagine Sony to just casually drop a new Death Stranding trailer on youtube. But who the hell knows with them at this point.

Last edited:

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Wait, I must've missed Shinobi's statement about Sony planning an event. Source please? :)

flyingman

Banned
Apr 16, 2019
So sony have games but didnt want to join E3 why is that ? Is stands/game stations are that much expensive huh?

Plum

May 31, 2018
Hmm, this didn't clearly lay out how this game will fit within the template of pre-established genre conventions. Kohima needs to stop existing anywhere other than in his studio until the game looks like something I am used to.

The snark levels in this post are off the charts!

Caiops

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nah, i expected to see TLOU2 next week :(

But Kojima trailers are always good, hope we see gameplay this time.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
But gaiz, we've already seen gameplay. It's all walking around with the click backpacks on. Horror Amazon delivery simulator.

Cool. Seriously though, I don't know how many more cryptic trailers the man needs to maintain hype. Clearly it works, but I personally tire of getting excited for nothing. Hope that will change. I assume the rope has something to do with the connection biz Kojima teased at Tribeca

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
Also, leaving this here

Zhuge:

Theres definitely a something-Playstation -related event happening soon. Wether that is a another SoP remains to be seen.

I don't see how that follows from that tweet at all.

Also, Kojima doesn't really need an event to drop a trailer.

djkimothy

Oct 27, 2017
So sony have games but didnt want to join E3 why is that ? Is stands/game stations are that much expensive huh?

I would think so. I remembered Apple stop going to macworld conventions and the like because partly of cost. It takes months of organization and you can be labeled a dud if you have nothing significant to announce.

Sony going independent means they can control cost and time announcements that fit their schedule.

But this is me just thinking out loud.

bcatwilly

Oct 27, 2017
I guess this makes it possible that there might occur another Sop in the coming weeks.

Honestly some type of State of Play around E3 where they give a Last of Us 2 release date, Ghosts of Tsushima update trailer etc. is pretty much expected to keep fans excited. Any type of big "event" that could have been done at E3 makes zero sense though.

Couscous

Oct 30, 2017
Twente (The Netherlands)
Honestly some type of State of Play around E3 where they give a Last of Us 2 release date, Ghosts of Tsushima update trailer etc. is pretty much expected to keep fans excited. Any type of big "event" that could have been done at E3 makes zero sense though.
This would be the best case scenario and it seems pretty likely too, but I'm somehow still a bit pessimistic.

Kazuhira

Oct 26, 2017
That soundtrack gives survival horror vibes,a open world horror game would be the dream imo.

Ant_17

Oct 28, 2017
Greece
Every time this is brought up.
tumblr_mam4ln9vVR1r6ybtxo1_r1_500.gif

Beef Supreme

Oct 25, 2017
I know it's Kojima and all, but from I've seen of this game, it has done nothing for me. I know I'm in the minority and I'm really hoping I'm wrong as we need strong single player experiences.