• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Jan 4, 2018

Video is 44 minutes long, A LOT of informations and questions answered

jqvr.png

qx4w.png

es8x.png

bljm.png

bm24.png

8kxn.png

31hj.png

7hwy.png

• More patrols (but Grunts sleep more) and Phantoms at night, with searchlights
  • Birds can hint at a location (ex: birds circling up in the air)
  • Some wildlife have like bioluminescence at night
  • Audiologs in the environment (about the ring, about what happened, about the battles that took place here, people's personal stories...)
  • Wasp confirmed
  • Space Gophers confirmed

Biomes:
  • Pacific NW
  • War torn areas = the Deadlands
  • Swampy wetlands
  • Hexagonal caves
  • Forerunner structures
  • Banished bases

From Reddit
Day night does affect what enemies you'll run into. Grunts sleep more at night, phantoms have search lights and are around more, etc. Coils, shield enemies, etc. also appear more in darker areas and at nighttime.
There will be multiple biomes. "Pacific Northwest" is the primary biome, but there will be sub-biomes, such as swampy wetlands, wartorn areas referred to as "the Deadlands" which feature environmental storytelling, hexagon caves, forerunner architecture to explore, Banished bases.
Nothing is stopping you from, for instance, grabbing a banshee is jumping to some objectives farther out in the story. You can do that. The story is structured with a general path, but there are multiple places you can go outside of the primary story beat that is present in the game, allowing you to stray from the path, rescue marines, fight Banished, explore structures, regardless of if that is what the game demands at this moment. The core story serves as an ever-present anchor that will often drop you off, so you can't jump ahead and experience primary story content, but side areas and invisible walls are not what limit you. He story is crafted to flow you through the areas in a natural way. So...
There is a linear thread still, and the story will progress in a linear fashion. Some areas will unlock and be visitable based on your progress in the story, or you may be able to find things because of what vehicles you now have access to, you can take Marines with you that you've rescued. You can't cut ahead in the story, but it's up to you how you tackle it.
There are many ways to find story elements on Zeta Halo beyond the "Golden Path." An example given was a crashed pelican that has skidded across the terrain.
Banished maintain their "heavy metal, red war paint" aesthetic from Halo Wars 2 which we will see in their structures, etc. We will see they have structures with spikes that were dropped from orbit and dug into the environment, slammed onto the ground, crushing whatever was below, which contrasts against the environment.
Yes, you can knock things off of the edge of Zeta Halo. An example given was a while playing they even managed to, by luck, knock a Wraith off of the ledge of the ring and into the abyss. It is difficult, but it can be pulled off with luck and skill combined.

The Publishing Team is heads down in MCC development and that means flighting is officially underway with content from Season 6 and beyond. This iteration includes everything from all new customization content, to new maps, to a variety of features and functionality that will be arriving in MCC later this year.

Season 6 customization content
  • 2 new maps for Halo 3 from Halo Online (Edge and Waterfall)
  • FOV slider support for all Xbox One consoles
  • FOV slider will no longer be locked when Xbox Series X|S devices are set to 120hz
  • Double Keybindings
  • Mouse & Keyboard support for consoles
  • Advanced Audio options
  • Weapon Display Offsets for view model position customization options
  • MCC's all-new customization content "Exchange"
  • A variety of additional bug fixes

mcc-exchange-fb1bdea7c0294ae7a0bb340f1dc4ff50.png

www.halowaypoint.com

ZETA ZONE

<p>It’s almost spring here in the Seattle area and that means lots of rain right now, but also that more daylight will start breaking through the clouds soon. The birds will be returning, the flowers will be sprouting, and some of our long-lead projects will be blooming. So whether you’ve been...

cf-dw-cover-wm_500-9ef33979682c4594958f0585fe6d6c48.jpg

Last edited:

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Huh, I missed that novel announcement. Well, that's another one to add to the list! I almost have them all, and every single one is a true treat to read.

Butch

Oct 27, 2017
The extra time in the oven will be really worth it, I think this will end up being one of the best Halo entries.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Chirst, this is really sounding like Halo BotW. Dream game.

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
So wait, mainly PNW? Halo CE had multiple biomes beyond that.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Oct 27, 2017
Man, this year's E3 (or whatever) demo will be glorious. Can't wait to see the dynamic weather system!

Also, no playable Elites is a bummer. I love Invasion so much and was hoping for a return.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I know most won't care but that new Halo book (Point of Light) COMPLETELY blindsided me. I had no idea that was even announced and now I just ordered it lol

Shit, got some reading to do tonight to catch up to it.

Summit

Banned
Mar 1, 2021
The concept of random enemy encounters adapting depending on how you're approaching sections is a smart way to maintain that sense of a crafted experience native to the traditional linear mission structure. I'm a little worried about how they'll present the plot; I always enjoyed the drama, world building and variety you'd get from the multiple areas and cutscenes in the original games.

I'm cautiously optimistic.

MistahS

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Sep 2, 2018
"Some wildlife have like bioluminescence at night"

OMG yes! This Is going to be gorgeous.

OldMuffin

Nov 1, 2017
RIP chance of invasion or something similar returning (at launch).
I hope they do add playable elites and more invasion like modes post launch, and if they do not like 5 years later 😅

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
The question of open world / semi open world kinda makes it sound like it's going to be Crysis like but bigger

Edit - Crysis and Botw

Last edited:

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
Sounds awesome

I'll be doing a disservice to the game by playing it on OG Xbone... :-/

I wish the Series S was truly a 1080p version of the SX but it's not like that I'm afraid... I wouldn't care about missing 4K but I know I'd be annoyed too much with different performance and significant gfx differences. But no way I'm spending €500 for a new console in this climate when I have literally hundreds of Xbox/PS/Nintendo titles in my backlog

But god this sounds amazing, they're ticking all the right boxes. On paper at least. Haven't been this interested in a Halo game since HALO:CE.
Hopefully the Xbone version will still be a great campaign experience and I will just revisit it down the line when I eventually get a SX.

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2018
Dual Wielding unfortunately lead to weapons getting nerfed in Halo 2 and 3.

Probably so in the multiplayer. Halo 2 and 3 campaigns were pretty fun though. Dual wielding also seemed to work pretty well in sister studio Machine Games' Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus. Any reason to not have dual wielding in Halo: Infinite as an option for campaign, even if it doesn't need to be balanced the way it would and possibly mess up multiplayer?

DarthWalden

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I hope there is interesting landmarks with rewarding reasons to explore them in this game. If they are going to go open world hopefully they do it right.

I'm speaking indirectly about Gears as it's open world was mostly barren with nothing of note and it felt like you were just exploring to get some mainly get some useless upgrade instead of because it was actually something that was fun and interesting.

Navidson REC

Oct 31, 2017
My goodness this is too much to take it! I had to stop myself from reading everything, I wanna watch the full video tonight. Really enjoyed the last one and 44 minutes is nuts!

Gotta say, between this and the Bethesda news, Xbox fans are EATING.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Those details sound great. I'm glad they got the extra time to work on the game. Very curious to see more.

Deleted member 51848

Jan 10, 2019
As someone who has completely avoided everything Halo Infinite related up to this point - is it a live service game? Because this makes it sound very destiny-like.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
As someone who has completely avoided everything Halo Infinite related up to this point - is it a live service game? Because this makes it sound very destiny-like.
I think it is in that it's going to be supported and updated, but I don't think it's going to be about levelling up your damage and xp and numbers popping as you shoot people

GasProblem

Prophet of Truth
Nov 18, 2017
One of the games I'm looking forward to the most this year. That eclipse sounds really cool.

Quample

Dec 23, 2017
Cincinnati, OH
So does "no weapon upgrades" mean that Warzone (Halo 5) weapon variants won't exist? Because I liked those a lot. It would be sweet to have them in campaign/non-arena gametypes.

DvdGzz

Banned
Mar 21, 2018
Sounds crazy and I'm more likely to believe it all since it's coming this year. I still remember a Halo 2 preview in EGM that had some features that didn't make it into retail though.