• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like the effects are complete / being completed, so they have more detailed Pokémon shots to show off:

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Some of the models are still a little bit creepy to me but the animation and the way they move is so good that I don't mind. Some, like Pangoro, just look so good.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I gotta wonder if the entire soundtrack for this movie will be licensed songs or if it's just for the marketing. I just wanna know if there's gonna be a full remix of the first anime theme like was briefly teased in an earlier trailer.

But yeah they're looking pretty cute now and I'm glad we got a heartwarming trailer and not another one all about the jokey jokes

Pagusas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Frisco, Tx
I am still in disbelief that this film is actually a thing and happening, let alone that it actually looks very fun and dare I say..possibly ok?

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
Fucking Snubbull hahaha

Also,
Pikachu is definitely that kid's dad, right?

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
Didn't realize this was May 10th, thought End game would rule for at least 1 month, it's gonna be dethrone in 2 weeks..

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Omg this movie is so cute.

I would honestly think they could have done a lot better than this. They just dont look like a pokemon
I think they all look great for the most part. They definitely have a style, but they all totally look like their respective species to me. There's a few I'd do differently perhaps but that's not a deal breaker.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think bug Pokémon would necessarily be gross, it's not like they're strictly adhering to biology. The only horrifying thing would probably be Pinsir's mouth hole

I'd be shocked if we don't see any during the forest excursion

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Jolticks are ticks

despite the fact it evolves into a tarantula

MORE BUG BROS PLS. how can they not have Scyther or Scizor? they're the most bad ass bugs. or Volcarona? there are plenty of bugs that won't look gross
Volcarona would be terrifying in this style. Scizor or Scyther could be okay but I think the texture and color would make them very creepy.

Oct 25, 2017
Joltik is an arachnid not an insect and one of the few bug types made to be cute, it's pretty much a fluffball.
I know, but I'm not GameFreak =P
Tbf I don't buy this "they would be too creepy" argument for two reasons. One, they made fucking Mr. Mime work. Caterpie, Ledyba, Ribombee, Kricketot, Yamna, Forretress, Nincada, Surskit, etc would not look creepier or grosser than that. Two, bigger bugs like Heracross or Scyther would be super badass looking and as menacing as Pangoro or Torterra without having to look gross at all.

King Dodongo

Oct 27, 2017
May is going to be a wild ride with all those movies. Pikachu, John Wick, Godzilla!!! Maybe even Aladdin is worth a watch.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017

Caterpillars can already be kinda cute in the real world

spicebush-swallowtail-caterpillar.jpg.638x0_q80_crop-smart.jpg

just give it Caterpie's bulbous mouth/nose and antenna and remove the dirt and it's basically spot-on and not really that scary unless you're Misty

LordByron28

Nov 5, 2017
The later gen pokemon such as Morelul, Braviary, Pancham, and Pangoro look much better than the Gen 1 and 2 pokemon for some reason

luca

Oct 25, 2017
The movie is complete, it has already premiered in China.

And I've loved everything they've shown of this. It's my second most anticipated movie of the year at this point.

just give it Caterpie's bulbous mouth/nose and antenna and remove the dirt and it's basically spot-on and not really that scary unless you're Misty
Talking about Caterpie. I'm worried we haven't seen it yet. It's so cute, it needs a moment in the movie.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

spicebush-swallowtail-caterpillar.jpg.638x0_q80_crop-smart.jpg

You serious? That picture is already freaking me out right now. 😬😬😬