• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
The lack of Meowth is saddening.

It's going to be one of those movies where you will be pausing to look for Easter eggs and try to see as many Pokemon as possible.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I might be the single person on era that really hates this. It's ugly and I just can't stand how the Pokémon look. It's like if Pokémon really lost all faith and became American. Can't stand it.

That's not how I picture Pokémon to look live action at all. It's nightmare fuel.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
I might be the single person on era that really hates this. It's ugly and I just can't stand how the Pokémon look. It's like if Pokémon really lost all faith and became American. Can't stand it.

That's not how I picture Pokémon to look live action at all. It's nightmare fuel.

There's a few people calling them ugly (i agree, mostly). It was inevitable when you convert something so stylized into realism.
Will probably still watch it if it gets good reviews because its going to be full of memes.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017

How would you have preferred it? For it to be a modern day Space Jam or like the Yo-Kai movie?
Yo-Kai-Watch-film.jpg

Ereineon

Nov 8, 2017
they absolutely nailed the integration of both worlds. we can talk about some individual designs (jiggly being hairy or not) but at least everything feels natural in those trailers

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
How would you have preferred it? For it to be a modern day Space Jam or like the Yo-Kai movie?
Yo-Kai-Watch-film.jpg

I would have preferred something like that to be honest. My main problem with Detective Pikachu is that the designs look like bad fanart and it takes away the
'Pokemon" feel for me. Something close to Pokken tournament DX would have been great for me. I can't stand looking at Jigglypuff and Charizard and some others. Jigglypuff makes me think of a balloon.... not a hideous furball. Charizard looks like he is on the evilest of drugs. Mr mime looks really creepy...

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017