• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
You think this will give kids nightmares?

bed.gif

Welp

its too damn cute!!!!

Also braviary looks damn good, in fact i don't have too many issues at all. The team that is doing this movie has done probably the best i could ever imagine mixing real life with pokemon.

clemenx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Venezuela
The Pokemon look fucking perfect and this is the best case scenario imaginable. Anyone who dislikes how they look is objectively wrong.

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
With the death of the stylus, its unlikely we will even see a Pokemon Ranger game, let alone a Pokemon Ranger movie.

Unless they partner with Apple to make a Ipad/Apple Pencil Mobile Ranger game.
Ranger could easily work on Switch. They could do it like the TWEWY remaster, where for the capture mechanic you can have touch controls in handheld (and capacitive styluses are a thing) and motion controls in docked mode.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
This is everything I wanted as a child. I am so happy this movie exists.

Well there is a rumor that they are making a bunch more live action Pokemon movies.
It's 'We Got This Covered' who've been saying they got 4 Pokémon movies planned. I honestly wouldn't put much stock in those rumors, yet.

ZugZug123

Oct 27, 2017
Im going to be there on the opening weekend. Can't believe one my most anticipated movies of 2019 is a Pokemon movie.

neon/drifter

Shit Shoe Wasp Smasher
Apr 3, 2018
I think we're going to be witness to the first legitimately good live action video game movie folks.

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018
I'm still so happy it's not just gen 1 mons
It's such a cool world, the Pokemon one

Brutalitops

Dec 6, 2017
Visually really really cool. Yet to be sold on the humour, looks a little flat in that regard, but I have to keep in mind that it's a kid's movie. With that in mind I'm sure I'll enjoy it when it comes out

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
With the death of the stylus, its unlikely we will even see a Pokemon Ranger game, let alone a Pokemon Ranger movie.

Unless they partner with Apple to make a Ipad/Apple Pencil Mobile Ranger game.
They'll just ditch the control scheme. No reason to be beholden to it. Or just make a movie series independent of the games. Detective Pikachu practically sets up the world for it

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
The Pokemon look fucking perfect and this is the best case scenario imaginable. Anyone who dislikes how they look is objectively wrong.
I wouldn't go that far but they've clearly put a lot of effort into the art style and animation. It's definitely not a cheap or lazy cash-in, as I imagine some of the naysayers will still claim.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
It's heavily pointed in that direction, but the game ends on a cliffhanger so we don't know and I'd bet it won't be answered in this movie either.

wait

WHAT?

I'm only halfway through the game myself and I fully expected they would answer this.

I mean, it's so obvious from the minute you meet Detective Pikachu. HOW DO THEY NOT ANSWER THIS.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
It's not left on a cliffhanger. It's ambiguous, not a cliffhanger, and it's made quite clear though left for you to work out for yourself

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I cant believe this movie, basically nothing has put this movid down, the trailers have nothing bad in them pretty much, the acting looks solid, the jokes are great so far, the Pokemon all look well realized while still looking like they should. Its incredible

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I cant believe this movie, basically nothing has put this movid down, the trailers have nothing bad in them pretty much, the acting looks solid, the jokes are great so far, the Pokemon all look well realized while still looking like they should. Its incredible
Reports from early screenings in China are very positive as were test screenings late last year

Crow Pudding

Nov 12, 2017
Tell me 10 years ago a real life pokemon movie would be not only pretty decent but one of my more expected movies of the year....

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The thing I love about all the stuff I'm seeing of this movie more than anything else is how well realized the world seems to be. Like, they've completely breathed life into the idea of a world where people and Pokemon live side by side

Oscillator

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Psyduck's voice is really inferior, but TPC has shown very clearly that they don't care how Pokémon sound aside from Pikachu...

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Most of the designs feel great, the only awkward one I feel has been Charizard and Aipom at this point.

Is there any comparison shots of the CG from the first trailer and the most recent ones. Wondering if there has been any difference between them.

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
We literally had to have Pokemon the movie raked across hot coils and permanently disfigured for this movie to be made, and frankly it's worth it.

Efejota

Mar 13, 2018
Caterpillars can already be kinda cute in the real world

spicebush-swallowtail-caterpillar.jpg.638x0_q80_crop-smart.jpg

just give it Caterpie's bulbous mouth/nose and antenna and remove the dirt and it's basically spot-on and not really that scary unless you're Misty
I'm not an entomologist, but I have seen many other pics looking closer to the Pokémon, like this one.
C8wyREEW0AEYjBZ.jpg

I'm still wondering about the game sequel. I don't expect hollywood to care about spoiling the cliffhanger left by the game. There's always the possibility of the stories branching differently, like FullMetal Alchemist, but for some reason I don't expect that after seeing Mewtwo in the trailers.

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
Why isn't psyduck's voice as impossibly cute in this trailer?

Because 45 seconds in is the cutest shit.

veos

Apr 9, 2019
Very hyped to go see this movie. Every trailer has been making me more and more ready for this movie to finally touch down. The Psyduck and Pikachu hug was the cherry on top for my hype.

ReyVGM

Author - NES Endings Compendium
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
It really bothers me that Psyduck doesn't have the same voice as in the anime.