• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
No PC?
dmc4noo.gif
Data mining

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017

Demo will include the Punch Line Devil Breaker, and access to Nico's shop.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
Punch Line is the rocket skateboard arm, so this should make for some good Nero's Pro Skater combo vids.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
You can save as much as you want and the demo essentially acts like new game plus where you can keep playing it to max out Nero in the demo. I wonder if we get new stuff in the demo then aside from Punchline.

Pretty good news, hopefully we get the Hell Caina area as well so we can flex the mechanics.

Usul

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Dune
I'll just wait until the full-game is released. Still finishing off 100%ing all of them on both PS systems.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
While Punchline is a great addition and I can't wait to try it out (let's see if we can stop Goliath from destroying the roof and killing him in the first phase), Nico's shop being accessible in the demo is more interesting. It makes me wonder if we could possibly carry over our progress from this second demo to the final game.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait to switch to Nero's alt color when this comes out. Default is WACK

Rubblatus

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Demo will include the Punch Line Devil Breaker, and access to Nico's shop.

Mother of God.

While Punchline is a great addition and I can't wait to try it out (let's see if we can stop Goliath from destroying the roof and killing him in the first phase), Nico's shop being accessible in the demo is more interesting. It makes me wonder if we could possibly carry over our progress from this second demo to the final game.
I really doubt that is going to happen as it'll only end up under-valuing the 100k red orb bonus bonus on the deluxe versions of the game.

That said, this is a great stunt. It lets them offer an incentive to retain the new players long enough to figure out how the dodge roll works and get mechanically invested into the series while the try-hards flood Youtube with their "Fully unlocked" Neros.

rahji

Oct 25, 2017
Finally a demo for PS4. I will play it and make up my mind if I buy the full version.

rahji

Oct 25, 2017
What is the part about online ID? Shared single play? I think I missed something. Is there coop?

Besides that, good news. Especially, I like the length of the game. Similar to spiderman which was imho the perfect length.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
What is the part about online ID? Shared single play? I think I missed something. Is there coop?

Besides that, good news. Especially, I like the length of the game. Similar to spiderman which was imho the perfect length.
There is seamless coop yeah. At some parts you run into other players or recorded data of other players.

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017

Yes. 2-3 players during set pieces where two or more of the three mains are present. Shared Single Play is what the co-op system is called in Japanese.

WaffleTaco

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I am hoping it's better than the last one, as that demo felt very dated for game coming out in 2019.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is day 1 for me so I might skip playing the demo altogether, although familiarizing my self with the controls could help. Expecting any spoilers in this demo?

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I really hope Dante and Trish don't end up together. Regardless of it being a thing in DMC1, it would be incredibly weird. I'd rather it be Lucia, since the ending of 2 seemed to suggest that the two had become an item. Or, at least, Lady.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Hopefully it's better than the first demo. If anything that demo made me less excited for the game although I'm still getting it.

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully it's better than the first demo. If anything that demo made me less excited for the game although I'm still getting it.

It will add a third Devil Breaker, the rocket arm, access to Nico's shop and buying skills, and being able to save your progress so you can play again to unlock all skills available.

Keep in mind that they cut out a lot from the demo. Nero will have 8 unlockable arms, there is a fight where you're introduced to the reapers, and the hotel is way bigger than what we've seen in the demo builds.

Gilver

Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Costa Rica
Theme of love? Guess its time for Dante to settle down with Mary and both retire from devil hunting.
How dare you her name is Lady. But I think this is going to be family love and meaning Dante or Vergil or both are going to die since it was stated by Itsuno that its the end of the sons of Sparda saga and the roster needs circulation.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
It seems to be Nero with new Devil Breakers so far.

Hmm too much wait for PS4 owners without satisfying compensation. I thought the demo for PS4 would be released the day the first demo ends which is this month. :/ Even the RE2 demo is hampered by this time limit thing.
I think Capcom should rework their strategy about demos. This is not looking good.
I liked what they did with RE7 demo with multiple updates adding new discoveries, giving a reward for the full game and the Kitchen VR demo.