• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
New information from the Korean trade show:

3ezi3qhhd7921.jpg
I'm not convinced there's no unlockable Vergil. They must be talking about Trish and Lady.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
The Dante and V demos are called "Buy the full game that comes out a month after this demo does". They're not going to do three separate demos the month before launch :P

:p.

Still. The demo they are calling new could have offered one level with another character at least Dante if they have a surplus of characters.
It could even move more copies from fans and non fans.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Shame that Buster Arm won't be included, but Punch Line is awesome and I'd love to practice with it so this is great. I'm really surprised they're letting us upgrade, but I'm definitely not complaining about that. I expected the second demo to only be the demo with Punch Line and Buster Arm, so I'm already content with this one. I wonder how many new moves Nero has though. The only one I know about is the diagonal dive slash thing and I'm a tiny bit worried that's the only new move.

Skbzi

Jun 1, 2018
Katy, TX
Shame that Buster Arm won't be included, but Punch Line is awesome and I'd love to practice with it so this is great. I'm really surprised they're letting us upgrade, but I'm definitely not complaining about that. I expected the second demo to only be the demo with Punch Line and Buster Arm, so I'm already content with this one. I wonder how many new moves Nero has though. The only one I know about is the diagonal dive slash thing and I'm a tiny bit worried that's the only new move.

I'm honestly thinking that'll be the only new move, unfortunately. I hope I am wrong.

Rubblatus

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how many new moves Nero has though. The only one I know about is the diagonal dive slash thing and I'm a tiny bit worried that's the only new move.
I'm honestly thinking that'll be the only new move, unfortunately. I hope I am
wrong.
I'd be willing to make a bet that Combo D finally got a unique finisher since it's the most expensive combo branch upgrade of the four Nero can get in DMC5 at 8.5k. For context, in DMC4 Combo D was given to you for free and was identical to Combo A, except it knocked enemies prone instead of knocking them away. To be worth that kind of orbs, I'm thinking something along the lines of DmC Arbiter's Trinity Smash where each Exceed stack adds an extra ground tremor to the attack but that's baseless speculation.

Other than that, I don't see where he'd get anything else outside of maybe an Aerial Combo C, a new melee charge move in the same vein as Drive (A&R Crawler?), or a reverse shuffle input.

Last edited:

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
The Breaker Tomboy would add more moves to Red Queen so I'm not concern.

Besides, the Queen already has a solid movelist, too much would just be redundant

Rubblatus

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Breaker Tomboy would add more moves to Red Queen so I'm not concern.

Besides, the Queen already has a solid movelist, too much would just be redundant
I want to remind you that you're talking about a game where not just one, but two of Dante's weapons has two moves mapped for every possible input. Nero can afford to pick up Drive and another aerial action at the very least.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Wait are in we reference to full game here or demo?
We are talking about whether Nero is going to have more moves for Red Queen and Blue Rose. The answer is highly unlikely and even then, not more than a couple. The emphasis is more on the new Breakers.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
We are talking about whether Nero is going to have more moves for Red Queen and Blue Rose. The answer is highly unlikely and even then, not more than a couple. The emphasis is more on the new Breakers.

Ah alright yeah I was getting things mixed up. long day

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Reminder that the second DMC5 demo, for both PS4 and XB1, is in 2 days.

Personally this is overshadowing my lunar new year celebration.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The "reason will be clear in game" for why this is set after DMC2 has me .. a bit peeved.

Will I need to finally finish DMC 2 for this ? I would rather avoid that.
The "reason will be clear in game" for why this is set after DMC2 has me .. a bit peeved.

Will I need to finally finish DMC 2 for this ? I would rather avoid that.
You don't need to play DMC2 at all for this. They are just doing this because fans kept pestering them about setting a game after DMC2 and acknowledging its existence in the canon, this is them doing just that. There will probably be one line in the game talking about DMC2's event and that will be the end of that. DMC2 story can be summed up in one sentence: Dante goes to an island to beat up bad evil guy, Dante beats up bad guy then decides to ride into hell for some unknown reason and then comes back from hell. DMC2 takes place after DMC4 but before DMC5.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
You don't need to play DMC2 at all for this. They are just doing this because fans kept pestering them about setting a game after DMC2 and acknowledging its existence in the canon, this is them doing just that. There will probably be one line in the game talking about DMC2's event and that will be the end of that. DMC2 story can be summed up in one sentence: Dante goes to an island to beat up bad evil guy, Dante beats up bad guy then decides to ride into hell for some unknown reason and then comes back from hell. DMC2 takes place after DMC4 but before DMC5.

As long as DMCV doesn't start recalling DMC2's characters (I doubt that), this is a good enough summary for me lol

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
As long as DMCV doesn't start recalling DMC2's characters (I doubt that), this is a good enough summary for me lol
Lucia from DMC2 might be referenced but that's about it. And she is just a Trish made type demon/human creation anyway so she also doesn't have much of a character or backstory LOL!

DJwest

Oct 26, 2017
Im sure this is a premature question but do we have any idea of the file size of the final game? I want to get this digitally

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017

This isn't a Kingdom Hearts situation, plus DMC2 apparently is so light on story that Capcom probably expects nobody to remember it.

Im sure this is a premature question but do we have any idea of the file size of the final game? I want to get this digitally

35 gb

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/devil-may-cry-5-pc-system-specs-revealed/1100-6461975/

DarKaoZ

Oct 25, 2017
Damn it... I want to play the demo with the new Devil Breaker!

Oh well, KH3 is keeping me busy

Zimmiwood

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
im so fucking mad. its taking forever to get my salary and literally the one time i have any urgency to play shit i can't

Nurovek

Dec 26, 2018
France
Is it a normal demo you can replay as much as you want, without timer nor server access locking the demo when the time period is over ?

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
I will say that the first demo didn't do much for me but as a big fan of DMC1, DmC, and DMC3 I'm definitely looking forward to this demo.