• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mitsurugi

Alt-account
Dec 11, 2018
Was about to write it but can't post a thread yet. Loved the first demo and looking forward to the second.

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
RG0BS1U.gif

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Hi Capcom,

While some of us love DMC. We're more eagerly awaiting that RE2 demo which was supposed to have come out last month but got delayed.

Thx. Also .. why not release the demo .. ya know .. today or tomorrow or on the weekend. A demo announcement a month away seems weird.

Vertpin

Oct 27, 2017
So the first demo isn't even coming to PS4. Interesting. The second demo is tempting...but the game releases a month later. Glad to see capcom pushing these demos out!

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
I am assuming it'll be a different demo all together? I played the previous one on Saturday and had fun with it.

....too bad I've never played any of the other games aside from the reboot. Which I didn't beat but had fun with. Please spare me the "reboot sucks!!!!!!" stuff because I don't care, lol. I had enough fun with it to be worth the money I put into it.

I do own the HD collection of the original games. Maybe I'll start them after I finish Darksiders 2 to give myself a breather before I start Darksiders 3.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully its the demo that has:

*Fountain area Hell enemy fight.
*Shuffle move.
*ENEMY STEP!
*Buster and Punchline Devil Breakers.
*More stable framerate.
*More difficult S rank requirement.

Because the Xbox demo was the actual worst of the worst demo that they had showcased on the show floors thus far.

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Enjoyed the first demo even though it was short. Glad I'll be able to play this one on my PS4 though.

Alex840

Oct 31, 2017
Nice, it looks cool as hell, but I wasn't the biggest of Bayonetta on Switch this year, so I'm not convinced I'll necessarilg like DMC V

ezekial45

Oct 25, 2017

translate: "The trial version of the Xboxone and PS4 versions will start on February 7. Thank you very much for waiting! It is a little different from the previous trial version."

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
This is pretty cool. I'm not a huge fan of DMC myself, but this demo could actually get me to buy the game.

Yinyangfooey

Oct 27, 2017
I forgot to downloaded the first demo lol. Does anyone know if this new demo will have the 30,000 orbs bonus that Major Nelson was talking about in the first demo to carry over to the full game?

Gilver

Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Costa Rica
Ughhh an entire month whelp atleast its going to be a new demo. Time to play that demo everyday until the game comes out.

Eros

Oct 27, 2017
I'll probably pass on the demo and just get the game. By the time I'm done with January releases, DMC5 will be right around the corner.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure they have said no Dante demo.

And a Dante demo would be the worst thing to do if they want to actually sell copies for the game. Most people are going to get Dante, will just get overwhelmed and then come on the forum to complain. It's also considerably harder than the Nero demo as it happens later into the game, I have seen journos play the Dante demo and died 5 times in a row to the boss (zerg style, not even talking about respawn) then proceed to complain about MTX or some dumb shit. There are already people who think Nero is too "clunky" or "stiff", whatever they mean with those qualifiers that's going to apply to Dante even more so since he is more mechanics and skill heavy.

Gotta ease players into Dante now since his options have become so vast even at base level.

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure they have said no Dante demo.

And a Dante demo would be the worst thing to do if they want to actually sell copies for the game. Most people are going to get Dante, will just get overwhelmed and then come on the forum to complain. It's also considerably harder than the Nero demo as it happens later into the game, I have seen journos play the Dante demo and died 5 times in a row to the boss (zerg style, not even talking about respawn) then proceed to complain about MTX or some dumb shit. There are already people who think Nero is too "clunky" or "stiff", whatever they mean with those qualifiers that's going to apply to Dante even more so since he is more mechanics and skill heavy.

Gotta ease players into Dante now since his options have become so vast even at base level.

Also the Dante demo comes with 5 weapons and a bunch of new enemies. It would be giving too much away. And demos are often a risk for companies since it's not uncommon for people to play the demo, make up their minds on the game, and then not bother with the full release.