• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas
Hmmm....maybe something got last in translation but Itsuno saying the demo will be a little different has me worried.

Including Punchline and Buster Arm would constitute more than just a little right?

I think this new demo will just have the Hell Ciana fountain cutscene and battle that was missing in the xbox demo build.

We still probably won't be able to explore that hotel lol.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
So first we had to wait out a month of exclusivity, and now for some reason we have to wait another month to finally get a demo on PS4...

just-fuck-everything_o_610689.gif

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm....maybe something got last in translation but Itsuno saying the demo will be a little different has me worried.

Including Punchline and Buster Arm would constitute more than just a little right?

I think this new demo will just have the Hell Ciana fountain cutscene and battle that was missing in the xbox demo build.

We still probably won't be able to explore that hotel lol.
At this rate all they really need to do is to just restore the Hell Ciana area, Shuffle and enemy step. Mostly because the combination of that area plus enemy step means that there is a lot more room to explore the combat system and its mechanics.

I would be very happy with the extra Breakers as well but I am not really expecting them.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Ah cool, there were some problems with the HDR in the first demo, hopefully those have been fixed in this build

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Yeah February sounds about right, this month would be set aside all for RE2.

I expect it to be the latest Nero build from the show floor.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Well they announced a public event and live stream for Friday. The plan was likely to reveal the demo everyone is playing in London is going live that day for everyone, but the Xbox store leak ruined the surprise.
The leak says the RE2 demo will be one shot (you can only play it once) so I don't know how I feel about that.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I think it was more implied it was a timed demo, 30 minutes exact, echoing the old RE2 demo on PSX. You should be able to play it as many times as you want but you'll have to start over from the beginning.
I don't think they would need to call it "one shot" if it was just time limited. I think the demo is literally you having 30 minutes to try that part of RE2 and after that, you can't play the demo again (at least not on that account/profile). That makes more sense to me with them calling it one shot demo.

But I guess we'll see what they exactly mean this Friday. For the record, I hope you are right cause having a demo that you can only play once would be stupid imo.

Please be a character other than Nero!

They've confirmed that we won't get a Dante demo before release and I highly doubt they'll give us a V demo, so.... yeah.

Oct 25, 2017
I'd actually be shocked if the PC version even comes out this year. Even if confirmed I would expect delays. Par for the course. Anyway gonna check the demo out on PS4 and hope I like the game in spite of it not having Turbo mode yet.

Rizific

Oct 27, 2017
They have no plans to release the demo to PC, unfortunately.
always skeptical when devs pull shit like this. makes me feel like something might be up with the pc version. no pre order and no day 1 for me then. ill wait for proper benches and reviews since they wont let me test the game myself.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
*crosses fingers for Dante in this build*
Pls pls pls playable Dante.

Sorry there will be no Dante Demo coming out.

always skeptical when devs pull shit like this. makes me feel like something might be up with the pc version. no pre order and no day 1 for me then. ill wait for proper benches and reviews since they wont let me test the game myself.

You can actually thank Dataminers for that with what happened to RE7 Demo. That's the only reason why there will be no PC Demo. That's all

CosmicBolt

Self-Requested Ban
Oct 28, 2017
Two things i want from the demo:
1. Enemy step
2. More devil breakers.

Either way it's good to see demo coming to PS4.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
I'm assuming it'll be the same area as the current demo, just with another couple of Breakers and hopefully Enemy Step unlocked. They showed a demo at one of the big trade shows that had Nero's Buster Arm Breaker in it, so maaaaaybe it'll be that one? A man can dream.

zSXwtDQ.gif

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't really matter because I already bought it digitally. But I'll play it.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
I'm assuming it'll be the same area as the current demo, just with another couple of Breakers and hopefully Enemy Step unlocked. They showed a demo at one of the big trade shows that had Nero's Buster Arm Breaker in it, so maaaaaybe it'll be that one? A man can dream.

zSXwtDQ.gif

I mean, it's the least they could do is to use a build that we know exist and have been played before by the public.

I don't really use Enemy step so that doesn't matter to me, but I really want to try out the Buster arm and Punchline Devil Breakers.

Is the new Divebomb attack in this build as well?