• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hey y'all!

So, new class for DIV, the rogue! Uses bows, crossbows, swords and daggers and is quite mobile! Also lacks an ear (she got PK :c )! More character customisation - skin, tattoos, makeup, hair color. Class specialization that are tied to what faction you will support and do class quests for in the open world! Item drops differentiate in looks based on the location (sword is a scimitar in the desert but it's a broadsword in the north). You can customise your horsie! Monster camps that you can conquer for the people! Special PvP currency in certain area, is used for cosmetics, you can collect it unpurified by killing monsters but when you purify - anyone can attack and kill you and steal those shards.... No words about test or releases.

Then also D2R yay, it's coming! It's a remaster - the original game literally runs under the new 3D 60fps graphics engine so that means the gameplay is identical! There's even a switch to flip the graphics on the fly! Remastered audio and cinematics! Shared stash is here! Advanced stats summary - no more counting needed! Toggleable auto gold pickup! Controller support ( as it comes to all major consoles, Switch too). Shift to compare! Dynamic lighting but still dark as the original! Cross progression! You're not forced to be online to play, just once! You can sing up for technical alpha, game should come this year!

Ain't that cool? Blizz seems like they didn't fuck up for once.

Brushieee!

PracticalBrush12 is a pretty reliable leaker, most recently known for leaking the partial nintendo direct lineup and monster hunter rise.

Last edited:

Raigor

May 14, 2020
Then also D2R yay, it's coming! It's a remaster - the original game literally runs under the new 3D 60fps graphics engine so that means the gameplay is identical! There's even a switch to flip the graphics on the fly! Remastered audio and cinematics! Shared stash is here! Advanced stats summary - no more counting needed! Toggleable auto gold pickup! Controller support ( as it comes to all major consoles, Switch too). Shift to compare! Dynamic lighting but still dark as the original! Cross progression! You're not forced to be online to play, just once! You can sing up for technical alpha, game should come this year!

Thank god for Vicarious Vision

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
" the original game literally runs under the new 3D 60fps graphics engine so that means the gameplay is identical! "
RIP

Zealuu

Feb 13, 2018
Rogue isn't a "new" class, it was one of the original three from Diablo 1. Anyway, I think the D2R details are the most interesting for me right now.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
If the original game is running underneath there and no always online I wonder what that means for mod support

I play Diablo 2 still every once in a while but the main issue is it needs basically an update to support modern resolutions. So if this is that with some built in mods already i'll be pretty happy.

Edward

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
That D2R is everything i wanted from a D2R. If it's true and it's coming to switch mama mia

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Reads better than War 3 Reforged, but they've been promising a lot of shit for that one too before cutting back the budget to ... nothing.

I will stay cautious, even if the remaster isn't done by Blizzard. It could still be fucked up by Blizzard.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
Reads better than War 3 Reforged, but they've been promising a lot of shit for that one too before cutting back the budget to ... nothing.

I will stay cautious, even if the remaster isn't done by Blizzard. It could still be fucked up by Blizzard.

I think Diablo is a bigger brand than Warcraft (the strategy games) and has more money potential, meaning less risk for cutting back shit. I trust the Diablo team at Blizzard tbh.

Zealuu

Feb 13, 2018
New class as in, "new class for D4 that wasn't announced before".

Oh, like that. I haven't really been paying attention to D4 news given how uncertain the timeframe for a release seems to be. But on the whole it's not exactly surprising that they've added a non-magical ranged class.

Cugel

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Nov 7, 2017
Diablo 2 in 3D?.... ok...... I'm gonna réserve judgement until I see it, but slightly worried

OberstKrueger

Jan 7, 2018
The StarCraft 1 Remaster worked. The Warcraft 3 remaster did not. And I think they'll be looking to redeem themselves after that latter disaster.

So here's hoping.

If they can keep the gameplay exactly the same with the new graphics, they'll have a winner on their hands. Although I'm curious to see if it moves to the new b.net (I assume yes) and how that will work for matchmaking and joining games. If they'll keep the old dynamic of joining "BAAL HELL 001" and progressively upping the number, or what.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Are people surprised that the D2 Remake is going to be 3D ? This was like the most obvious thing ever, no way they would release a 2D only game as a mayor release on all Plattform with VV developing it.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
Interesting about D2, surprised it's going in that direction, hopefully there is some new content otherwise might as well stick to Project D2, Path of Diablo etc
Also cross progression better be console only, local saves on battle.net, shudder.

Calibro

Oct 27, 2017
Belarus
When is this company gonna get actually cancelled for their stance of supporting a genocidal tyrannical government of CCP? Fuck them, no need to give them a platform anywhere.

It's disgusting how people claim to be progressive and cancel celebrities but oh thems videogames I wanna play so it's fine?!

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When is this company gonna get actually cancelled for their stance of supporting a genocidal tyrannical government of CCP? Fuck them, no need to give them a platform anywhere.

It's disgusting how people claim to be progressive and cancel celebrities but oh thems videogames I wanna play so it's fine?!
Don't worry they can only get better with saudi money in play now

p3n

Oct 28, 2017
You're not forced to be online to play, just once! You can sing up for technical alpha, game should come this year!

The stench of fake. No Blizzard game or remaster since the release of the Blizzard launcher has been playable offline.

Splatbang

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
I've started out really 'meh' about Diablo 4, but I'm really starting to warm up to it. I still love the way D3 plays and if they can build on the gameplay of that I can see this turn out really well. I've also started to sour on Path of Exile over the last couple of leagues. I think I'm about to actually look forward to Diablo 4.

player killed

Santar

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
A little disappointed that the gameplay will be identical. Was hoping it'd be a ground up remake.
I love Diablo 2 but it could use a little touch up. Seeing a Barbarian run at full frenzied top speed always looked wonky for instance.
I also really really hope that offline playable part is true!

Joedev

Apr 24, 2018
If it's true that D2Remaster is coming to Switch I'll be so happy. Diablo 3 has been one of the best selling third party games on Switch, so it totally makes sense, but I just hadn't thought of the possibility of console ports. Hopefully it is as awesome as it sounds!

Menome

Oct 25, 2017

I'm not buying anything from Activision-Blizzard (and it's amazing how many people still forget that dual-name of the company), no matter how much I want that Witch class in Diablo IV. They're on the list with Ubisoft and THQ Nordic.

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I'm not buying anything from Activision-Blizzard (and it's amazing how many people still forget that dual-name of the company), no matter how much I want that Witch class in Diablo IV. They're on the list with Ubisoft and THQ Nordic.

Agreed, I'm on the fuck Blizzard train still too. D2 is one of my favorite games of all time but I won't be buying that.
That might change, once VV steers the ship completely in a couple of years and hopefully they'll let actions speak for their Hong Kong disaster.

Ont

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
If these D4 leaks are true, that all sounds great. Especially region specific loot, and PVP currency mechanic.

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
I'm all-in on Diablo2-3D.

That game was my pre-WoW addiction.

I try to jump back in every so often, but 800x600 graphics hurts my eyes.

RedShift_

Jul 24, 2018
D2 with the 3D engine? I mean, if they use the 3D to replicate the 2D renders of the original game it could work and also look quite nice.
If they're planning on recreating D2 with D3 style 3D then fuck that trash

Status
Not open for further replies.