• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rex Prime

Jul 29, 2018
I dont think removing the mission menus would fix the pacing. Thinking of DMC3/4 except with the intermessions removed feels like it would actually be worse.

I dont really have any real reasoning behind it since pacing is such a subjective thing, but I feel like the mission end screens are like the empty page after a chapter end in a book, makes the result screen more satisfying too and also lets you know what you are about to get into next. Plus it was important in 3 for switching weapons and styles in between missions and I think that dong it pre mission would be feel better than placing a statue at the beginning of every mission (and even then thats not really doable with mission 1,2 and 20 which all immeaditly start with fights.

But I dunno, the lack of mission end screens feels like it would make the game's pacing worse but maybe thats just me.