• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Star-Lord

Oct 25, 2017
Why does the cover look like a generic alien movie rip off?
D_j7DEKW4AAosRk

Oh yeah this movie looks like trash.

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
From what I gathered this movie basically exists so Universal can keep the rights to the franchise, no? I can't find the source of where I heard that first, but it would certainly make a lot of sense looking at the marketing and trailer. This reeks of Eichinger's Fantastic Four to me.

Oct 30, 2017

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
This is looking more like some random Soldiers vs Aliens/Demons movie that they just slapped the Doom name onto.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
Looks okay for a DTV movie.

At least Louis Mandylor is in it. That's always a plus.

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
Looks about as good as the original Doom movie. And I was able to have enough fun with that. So count me in.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago

Social media account uses "deflect." It isn't very effective.

You also have to love the new account with no tweets other than one supporting the film.

Deleted member 3812

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The synopsis found on the official Universal site for this new Doom movie says this movie will have demons:

Synopsis

Based on the popular original video game, Doom: Annihilation is an explosive, terrifying thrill ride. On the darkest moon of Mars, scientists have found an ancient portal which allows teleportation throughout the universe. Considered to be mankind's greatest discovery, it's actually a gateway from hell, unleashing a swarm of demons looking to steal the souls of everyone who gets in their way. It's up to Lieutenant Joan Dark and an elite unit of Marines to destroy an ever-growing horde of bloodsucking and soul-stealing beasts and prevent them from taking over planet earth.

Barrel Cannon

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The first thing this title reminded me of was MK Annihilation. And that's not a good comparison to start off with XD

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
Garbage, and if i want to see garbage i just go and re-watch the Doom with The Rock.

Wil Grieve

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, it doesn't look terrible.

Well, no, it looks terrible.

But I enjoyed the RE movies so maybe I'll get a kick out of this as well.

Oct 25, 2017
I'll probably watch it, sometimes it's fun to dig into some straight to video cheese
like sometimes you just wanna eat some mcnuggets even though you know its basically rat meat level quality
Looks like it's got some silly practical stuff going on which could be pretty fun on a lazy weekend with a shameful bag of junk food, I appreciate that stuff
I think I may actually buy it just because I think B movie practical horror is an increasingly rare commodity and it looks like their prop/costume departments had some fun here
but I'm not going to pretend to anyone that this looks good as a doom adaptation

Interesting that in their tweet the link to info about this movie is uni.pictures/Doom2
And if you take away the 2 it takes you to the 2005 Doom
Is this like a loose sequel to that?
They were literally posting gifs from the 2005 movie on their official twitter last year in the same month this project was announced.

Last edited:

Deleted member 3812

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is NOT a sequel to the 2005 Doom movie that starred Karl Urban and The Rock.

This is in fact, Universal's attempt to reboot the Doom movie franchise according to interviews I read about this movie that's from the director.

eddiemunstr

Jan 20, 2019
If I ever see it at redbox Ill probably give it a watch. I know it wont be good but I have to admit im more curious than anything just to see how bad it actually is, also hey its just fun to watch a bad movie every now and then.