• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gonna reiterate that I think the most significant info here is that Matt Goldman is now the Director for DA, wonder if he's gonna do the black sclera thing he's always wanted for elves.
I think such a dramatic change 4 games in would be too much. If it was DA2 then I'd be on board just like the other changes that one made. I do love his art sensibilities though.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think such a dramatic change 4 games in would be too much. If it was DA2 then I'd be on board just like the other changes that one made. I do love his art sensibilities though.
Look at the Qunari across 3 games though.

I get they couldn't keep the big brow/forehead because of character customization but still.

Feb 19, 2018
He had legit issues.

Man y'all really can't hide how much you're hoping for this scenario.
I mean it's EA we are talking about. After what happened to Visceral Games only recently...
(Personally I don't really care about modern Bioware's output anymore but still want studios to survive, so I'm just approaching the whole situation with a whole lot of gallow's humor)

Miracle Ache

Oct 25, 2017
It was just a small taste, but that's all I needed.

Now I'm in a Dragon Age mood so I guess it's time for a replay of the first 3 games.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
Not really, a reveal of a project's existence and a piece of art doesn't allay fears that the thing will ever actually come out.
There's no reason for it to not come out. The last Dragon Age broke studio records, the same studio that also put out the Mass Effect trilogy.
Why would EA or BioWare throw a successful franchise into the trash bin? Because of Anthem? They can coexist.

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Look at the Qunari across 3 games though.

I get they couldn't keep the big brow/forehead because of character customization but still.
The differences between 2 and 3 aren't as overtly dramatic I feel, they made them narrower and shortened the horns but other than that it wasn't too draastic from an art direction. Concept art elves and DA 2-3 elves have always been at odds with one another and I feel like making them the more insect/alien like art style would be a detriment to the visual whole of the series.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The differences between 2 and 3 aren't as overtly dramatic I feel, they made them narrower and shortened the horns but other than that it wasn't too draastic from an art direction. Concept art elves and DA 2-3 elves have always been at odds with one another and I feel like making them the more insect/alien like art style would be a detriment to the visual whole of the series.
Yeah I can agree.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds vaguely familiar, care to link or remind me please?
https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,27202/

FactionDefaultMaterialColors.jpg

SoA_ui.jpg

Skux

Oct 26, 2017
Did they not learn anything from Andromeda? This is a nothing announcement.

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
Time to give some answers you cue ball looking mother fucker.

I don't care if it's three years out. At least they acknowledged it exists.

KrAzY

Sep 2, 2018
Wonder if we encounter the Qun/Sten if it's Tevinter... Oh man... Imagine the lore in Tevinter! So much to fill!

KrAzY

Sep 2, 2018
I hope Bioware brings back Origin Tactics and Attributes that affect Dialogue and world interactions. DAI was awesome but I do miss Charisma and Intimidation etc, non combat skills etc.

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I guess "The Dread Wolf Rises and gets his ass beat down for being a traitorous little shit" would've been too long.

gogosox82

Oct 25, 2017
Well it being about Solas is a good start. If they started off somewhere else after that dlc they put out for Inquistion, man I would've been pissed. Seems like its very early in production tho. Don't even have a working title just #Dreadwolfrises. Guessing this is a next gen game at this rate.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope we find out about the Black City, the source of the Blight and Red Lyrium, and visit Tevinter.

Deleted member 11421

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean it's EA we are talking about. After what happened to Visceral Games only recently...

VIsceral hadn't made much money for EA in almost a decade, though. Some of us were surprised they even got the Star Wars gig.

Bioware's got a F2P/Sub MMO still going, and they had Dragon Age win tons of awards as well as become their all-time best-seller just a few years ago.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So based on speculation this isn't the sequel to Inquisition but a prequel telling the story of the elves correct? I'm all in though. I didn't even hate 2 that much.

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017
So based on speculation this isn't the sequel to Inquisition but a prequel telling the story of the elves correct? I'm all in though. I didn't even hate 2 that much.
i mean, I imagine the history of the elves will play a big role, but it sure sounds like it's picking up after Inquisition going by the trailer

(and 2 might be my favourite, don't tell anyone)

Muad'dib

Banned
Jun 7, 2018
Yesss! Going to enjoy ruining Solas, lying two faced sack of shit.

Really hope Bioware learns from the competition regarding better world building and branching storylines and side quests. Also I know every Dragon Age has it's own protagonist, but either let me play as the Warden again or as the my Inquisitor, I killed Hawk on my DA:I playthrough :(

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's likely a sequel since the Dread Wolf rises, which was shown at the end of Inquisition.
true I was just curious why they would be so vague with the trailer but I just forgot there was a line implying you're meeting him again. Dope.

The 'true ending' DLC for Inquisition really was the best part of the whole game.