• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

rumplestilts

May 30, 2018
I need more Dragon Age so, so bad.

A lot of the specifics around where they went at the very end of DA:I doesn't really do much for me, but I'll take what I can get.

Imm0ralKnight

Avenger
Nov 7, 2017
I'm down for more Dragon Age. I actually love all three games equally. They all had their own good and bad. But I will always enjoy the lore that DA brings.

Lady Gaia

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
There were only a handful of announcements that caught my attention tonight, but this was definitely one of them. No, we don't know enough to get excited. Yes, I'm looking forward to it anyway.

Deleted member 11093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It almost feels like people should stop fear mongering about the studio's death and other projects getting canceled if they don't want them to announce them so early.

CarthOhNoes

Someone is plagiarizing this post
Oct 25, 2017
Sweet jesus be still my beating heart. DRAGON AAAAAAAAAAAGE WOOOOOOOOOOOOO

s3L4bk9.gif

Herne

Dec 10, 2017
My Inquisitor romanced Solas so Trespasser was especially tragic. Really looking forward to this, and I don't mind the wait nor the fact that they recently apparently scrapped everything they had. If it wasn't good enough, it wasn't good enough, and Trespasser set up a sequel so potentially awesome that they can take all the time in the world to get it right.

Everyone mentioning Mass Effect Andromeda should take a look at that game again - that's a game that should have been scrapped and started again. It wasn't and we all know what happened.

So yeah, take your time with this one, Bioware. Take your time and get it right.

Oct 27, 2017
The game being announced this early means it has plenty of time to get cancelled if something goes wrong. I wouldn't get my hopes up.
Hell, by most accounts they had something pretty well underway and basically had it scrapped years ago which timed with Mike Laidlaw leaving BioWare.

I'm at the point with Dragon Age where I kind of just want the interactive story bits. Inquisition and Trespasser end on such a great cliffhanger with respect to the lore that its a damn shame its looking more and more likely it'll be damn near 10 years before we maybe get a sequel. And who knows what kind of GAAS multiplayer monstrosity DA4 may end up looking like if they already scrapped something that was probably a more traditional sequel? And as EA keeps pushing their titles to be huge smash hits and they get more and more expensive to make, coupled with how pared down Anthem's storytelling seems... I'm very concerned about what kind of game any potential DA4 would even look like when it comes out. That's to say nothing of the absence of somebody like David Gaider not writing, as he was someone there from the start with DA.

Rocco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Texas
Loved Inquisition, cant wait for more DA. There was no pleasing my Solas, he dipped out on me. I did agree more with Vivienne. Still curious about this follow up since his story was interesting nonetheless.

marimo

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh it's going to be a long, looooong wait, but I'm just so happy to hear DA isn't dead.

Man what's up with the Solas hate jeez
Well I love him as a character but it's pretty justified. I mean he does want to destroy the entire world to bring his civilization back, on top of being bigoted towards other races.

Mozendo

Oct 25, 2017
Pacific North West
oh I think he's the best villain BioWare's ever written

I just also think he's a complete bastard
I just don't see him as a bad guy
He saved thedas from the Evanuris
When he woke from his slumber he saw how terrible the elves have been treated, elven culture is barely alive, city elves live in poverty, have been and still are enslaved and some like Fenris are treated like test subjects. Not only that but mages have been abusing the spirits in the fade and turning them into demons. Not only that but also the qunari/qun.

I'm not saying Solas is 100% right and should kill the other species, but I can't blame him for wanting that either.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
Honestly I'm not sure which announcement was worse, Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order or this.

nDesh

The Three Eyed Raven
Oct 27, 2017
That this game took so long to get in development is one of the weirdest gaming things of this gen to me. A follow-up of the GOTY 2014, a game with great sales and with Tresspasser giving a tease for the sequel.

I mean, I know to reasons, Anthem was in development hell for sure, and Andromeda's development and reception was such a disaster that it disorganized BioWare badly, but how the hell did BioWare/EA let that shit happen in the first place 🤦🏻‍♂️

Deleted member 5535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My Inquisitor romanced Solas so Trespasser was especially tragic. Really looking forward to this, and I don't mind the wait nor the fact that they recently apparently scrapped everything they had. If it wasn't good enough, it wasn't good enough, and Trespasser set up a sequel so potentially awesome that they can take all the time in the world to get it right.

Everyone mentioning Mass Effect Andromeda should take a look at that game again - that's a game that should have been scrapped and started again. It wasn't and we all know what happened.

So yeah, take your time with this one, Bioware. Take your time and get it right.

bioware montreal made andromeda, not edmonton.

That this game took so long to get in development is one of the weirdest gaming things of this gen to me. A follow-up of the GOTY 2014, a game with great sales and with Tresspasser giving a tease for the sequel.

I mean, I know to reasons, Anthem was in development hell for sure, and Andromeda's development and reception was such a disaster that it disorganized BioWare badly, but how the hell did BioWare/EA let that shit happen in the first place 🤦🏻‍♂️

Anthem was developed along dragon age inquisition by edmonton. The reason for why dragon age 4 is being made now is because they're finishing anthem. It's a game for next gen. They can't just make games of these scope at the same time like you said, it was obviously in pre production after the last one while anthem was being made

Paganmoon

Oct 26, 2017
trailer started out with some synth notes, basically confirms it's going to be crossover with Mass Effect right?

Troublematic

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
At least they're willing to announce they're still making it, even if it's not coming out anytime soon. With EA you just don't know anymore what they want to do with it. I'm still worried they'll push it to direction I don't care about.

Darkstorne

Oct 26, 2017
England
If this comes out within 2 years it will be dlc heavy. So why show anything now unless it will get rushed
Probably because they know Anthem won't provide the traditional Bioware gameplay their core fans love them for, and they want to assure those fans they aren't forgotten.

I am glad to see this is their next project after Anthem though, and not a new Mass Effect yet. That series needs to chill off for a bit, but with Casey Hudson back in the driver's seat I was worried he would be pushing hard for Mass Effect after Anthem. Either way, it's good to see that Anthem isn't going to dominate this studio from now on, and we definitely have a proper Bioware RPG to look forward to next gen.

ErrorJustin

Oct 28, 2017
The Solas twist in DQ3 was so so well done - subtle, and only really telegraphed in hindsight. Makes me so happy to see that DQ4 is going to be a direct sequel to address it.

Window

Oct 27, 2017
Solas was the best part of Inquisition so looking forward to this (if Bioware can come up with quests which are actually interesting).

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
Not going to lie, I'm pretty happy they did this teaser. Even if it is so far out.

I genuinely thought the series was on ice.

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
I'm down for more story / political RPG. I'm very worried about getting a grindy open world mmo like game...