• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Grisby

Oct 29, 2017
Been a while since I Dragon Age'd but I remember a novel dedicated entirely to some people finding Griffins and proving they are not extinct.
Yep. That's right. The Last FLight I think it's called
You don't really need to. Set the next game with him as the primary antagonist and the Tevinter Imperium which is a magical aristocracy type of society that loves to own slaves and be oppressive as a secondary antagonist in your adventures in their area. Solas could have gathered a following of powerful creatures who are like minded in returning to the old days and you have the mobs to fight. Hell the game made it seem at the end this wouldn't be a full on inquisition, but more of a smaller group of people you can relatively trust.
That's true and I respect that the game might go there. But man I want DA1 blight vibes and the wardens coming back at full strength. Throw Solas in there too.

Sure, it's be a big game with tons to wrap up but god knows if this might be the last DA or not. I want everything and the kitchen sink.

Tanerian

Feb 24, 2018
I
WANT
MY
WARDEN
BACK

That being said. Dragon Age is one of my favorite RPG series just based on the lore/story alone.

So much I didn't like about DA:I, The open world MMO style stuff really kills the pacing of its' excellent story for me. Also, being the Inquisitor, leader of the army set on saving the world, and being the ONLY PERSON who can seal rifts, while running around doing completely random fetch and MMO style quests really pulled me out of it at times.

I really hope the reign in the open world a bit, I just did not need the game to be that big, and it did nothing to add to the story, and just constantly felt like it was padding it's time. A mix of open world and linear chapters would be best imo, but my expectation is it's going to be "BIGGER" and "MORE OPEN" than DA:I, because that's the trend.

I'd love the protagonist to be more of a "Fish out of water" type character who gets pulled into the storyline without being integral to it via some gift/power. More like Hawk in that sense.
I'd love a chance to have characters from the previous games in my group early, maintaining a much higher level than the protrag to draw a contrast between just how powerful these people are vs myself.. only to build up to their level over the course of the game.

My dream opening chapter would be me being put against enemies way too powerful, and having to flee, eventually being saved by someone (like the HoF if they live) and having them in my group briefly, completely over powered compared to me and the enemies stomping me. Just have them wrecking shit. Then being made to feel over the course of the game that I too am becoming as bad ass as the person who saved me early etc.

I could write a book from y wishlist, but either way I'm excited for DA:4.

Oct 26, 2017
I see all these doom and gloom videos on YouTube about how this could be the end of BioWare since Anthem isn't doing exactly great.... but I like to believe we're still going to see Dragon Age first.

Oct 30, 2017
I
WANT
MY
WARDEN
BACK

That being said. Dragon Age is one of my favorite RPG series just based on the lore/story alone.

So much I didn't like about DA:I, The open world MMO style stuff really kills the pacing of its' excellent story for me. Also, being the Inquisitor, leader of the army set on saving the world, and being the ONLY PERSON who can seal rifts, while running around doing completely random fetch and MMO style quests really pulled me out of it at times.

I really hope the reign in the open world a bit, I just did not need the game to be that big, and it did nothing to add to the story, and just constantly felt like it was padding it's time. A mix of open world and linear chapters would be best imo, but my expectation is it's going to be "BIGGER" and "MORE OPEN" than DA:I, because that's the trend.

I'd love the protagonist to be more of a "Fish out of water" type character who gets pulled into the storyline without being integral to it via some gift/power. More like Hawk in that sense.
I'd love a chance to have characters from the previous games in my group early, maintaining a much higher level than the protrag to draw a contrast between just how powerful these people are vs myself.. only to build up to their level over the course of the game.

My dream opening chapter would be me being put against enemies way too powerful, and having to flee, eventually being saved by someone (like the HoF if they live) and having them in my group briefly, completely over powered compared to me and the enemies stomping me. Just have them wrecking shit. Then being made to feel over the course of the game that I too am becoming as bad ass as the person who saved me early etc.

I could write a book from y wishlist, but either way I'm excited for DA:4.

Wouldn't mind a continuation of Dragon Age Origins story. The hero of ferelden and what they've been up to. I was very attached to that story and characters. By far the best in the series.

RavFiveFour

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
BioWare has done well, obviously they found a way to make good games. How many other developers can say that? Now, making a great game like Origins is key. Can they come up with that same greatness?

Oct 30, 2017
BioWare has done well, obviously they found a way to make good games. How many other developers can say that? Now, making a great game like Origins is key. Can they come up with that same greatness?

Yeah they need to some reflection when they start the next DA game and think about what it is their customers want from them. If they continue with live services and trying to make money off ya with micro transactions then I believe EA's culture has to much of an influence on them. In one corner you have Sony concentrating on story driven single player games, in the other you have publishers shooting to squeeze every dollar they can from their customer at the expense of developing a quality title. Would really like BioWare focus a little more on providing a quality game over everything else.

It's crazy the DA4 won't be out for 3 to 5 years, which means Mass Effect will be even longer. I would really like them to return to the milky way for the next game.