• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
After saying that he is much more "sure" about Elden Ring than Starfield, the industry expert explained that he had some new informations, coming from "a combination of sources". He stated that:

"They [the sources] gave me confidence that Elden Ring would be by the end of March."
He then explained that nothing was changed there but at the same time it was never cemented or sure 100%. He followed with:

"I've said this repeatedly [...] I've never had an exact date, I've had some reasons to be confident That's kind of how I try to phrase it and I know that it leaves gaps and people sort of fil those gaps and they think there is more behind that."
This is what he said shortly after:

"I know enough to be confident, but if it were to slip into April I would apologize [...] but I will continue to say you are not gonna wait long."
He that asked his friend Mike what he thinks about it. Mike claimed that Jeff shared some infos with him and he's pretty confidend too to see more about Elden Ring by the end of the next month:

"From what was shared with me I would think 'soon'. But again, who knows, it's the Game Industry... [...] Maybe it slips into April, maybe in some weird and bizzarre world it goes to E3, I feel thare's absolutely no way we get past E3 without seeing this."

Jeff Grubb replied saying:

"I'm 100% with you on that"

elden ring update starts at 37:30

Last edited:

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Makes sense that MS would likely want to keep marketing for the likes of Elden Ring, Tales of Arise, and such. Keep the "See we have Japanese games" going on Xbox even if it's only the big stuff (for the most part).

dodmaster

Apr 27, 2019
Given the massive hype letdowns of previous Xbox events, let's just assume this isn't going to happen and move on.

Napalm_Frank

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finland
I'd say probably 0 chance of this. They need the PS4/Xbone install base.
Assuming it's releasing in 2022 PS5+SeriesX/S+PC install base ain't really small. Not that last gen can't be a big boost but I suppose that depends when exactly will it release.

By May 2022 it would line up similarly to what Witcher 3 was last gen for example.

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
Nope. Not believing him at all. Not because I don't think he's trustworthy but because Elden Ring isn't actually real.

Deleted member 68874

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 10, 2020
giphy.webp

jaymzi

Jul 22, 2019
Can't believe it has been almost since two years since its reveal and we haven't gotten anything since then.

mindsale

Oct 29, 2017
I need more From and I need it now. This Xbox event cannot come quickly enough. Please be a 2021 launch.

mrphan09

Sep 30, 2020
Sounds good hopefully something significant is shown or said when we next see or hear officially about it. Which would warrant getting excited for this project!

Vault

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Square are the only Japanese 3rd party dumb enough to quit the Ps4 and Xbox one so soon

everyone else will be cross gen for at least another couple of years

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
Doubt.
Old consoles 1440p/30
Pro versions 4K/30
PS5/Series X 4k/60

No way old consoles are 1440p.

Sekiro is 1080p on PS4 and 900p on XB1, and the game drops frames significantly in some areas like the top of Ashina Castle (on base PS4 at least).

Elden Ring is a open-world game, if they hit 1080p/30fps(most of the time) on base PS4 I'll be happy.

Edit: also Pro versions were 1800p, PS4P with reconstruction.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Good luck with From's engine on last gen consoles, especially with their most ambitious game to date.

Sumio Mondo

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
George RR Martin's curse of never finishing his work is reflecting upon this game lol.

In all seriousness it must be a bigger game than what From has done in the past considering the longer reveal time (or they literally just started dev when it was announced). Game is hopefully going to be another masterpiece.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
Square are the only Japanese 3rd party dumb enough to quit the Ps4 and Xbox one so soon

everyone else will be cross gen for at least another couple of years
We don't actually know that FFXVI isn't coming to PS4 as well. After all, Capcom didn't announce the PS4 version of RE Village at the same time they announced the PS5 version.

Rpgmonkey

Oct 25, 2017
Come on Bamco/From, Tales of Arise and Elden Ring next month, please...

We starving out here, lol.

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
hopefully they saw DS remake and thought they needed to tighten the graphics to match that.
That's why they're late unveiling it, certainly.