• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ninjadom

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
All discovered by Link83.

Here's they're post from the August Nintendo eShop thread.

Hoping somebody can make a thread about this as I dont have a high enough post count.

I setup an alert for any new Nintendo FCC ID filings, and just received a new one:-

The photos etc are confidential until next year, however looking at the label location pdf reveals this:-
0t4S2GQ.png

Model HAC-042 so its for the Switch, so it looks like we will be getting SNES online/Virtual Console some time soon along with a bluetooth controller!

<EDIT>I wonder if Nintendo will have made any changes to the controller design - it almost looks like there might be ZL and ZR buttons on the top edge? Or is that perhaps just a joycon docking rail like the NES versions?

Last edited:

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
I was seconds away from hitting post on my version of this :D

So get ready for an announcement of SNES games coming to NSO along with the expected NSO-subscriber exclusive offer to buy a set of SNES-style wireless controllers that slide into the Joy-Con rails just like they did with NES controllers last year. They were available for slightly below MSRP Joy-Con pair prices so expect 49.99 GBP 59.99 EUR 59.99 USD.

nes-controllers.png

l7le0ytsj8c1xpdrdzjk.png

Ninjadom I'd remove the quotes from the picture to make the OP a bit more legible. Leave link's quote to the first text part. Just a usability thing :)

Last edited:

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
for sure will be announced soon, along with SNESflix.
i really hope yoshi's island and super metroid are in the first wave of games.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games

Yazuka

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
I hope it will not attach the same way the NES controllers are.
Make it more beautiful, so it fits better with the Swich Lite. (You could still use controllers for that one right?)

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Make it more beautiful, so it fits better with the Swich Lite. (You could still use controllers for that one right?)

Well you can use Joycons with it, so I don't see why you couldn't use this.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
You need to attach them to a regular Switch to charge them. They are not compatible with the charging grip for JoyCon so you can't charge the NES or SNES controllers with official products but of course you will be able to pair them wirelessly with a Switch Lite. But there'll have to be another way to charge them.

th1nk

Nov 6, 2017
Yessss please release SNES games on Switch! 🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩

Hucast

alt account
Banned
Mar 25, 2019
Yeah this definitely signals snes games with NSO. Next direct may be talkin about it.

Bazry

Oct 30, 2017
Will be interesting to see how they charge, I can't see them working like the NES ones with a rail on top because of the trigger buttons

Yazuka

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
Well you can use Joycons with it, so I don't see why you couldn't use this.
Yeah, I thought so.

You need to attach them to a regular Switch to charge them. They are not compatible with the charging grip for JoyCon so you can't charge the NES or SNES controllers with official products but of course you will be able to pair them wirelessly with a Switch Lite. But there'll have to be another way to charge them.
Perhaps the SNES controllers could have their own charging port at the top.
Would vastly prefer this to the NES solution.

If the photos are confidential until next year...is that when we can expect this to launch?
Well the NES controllers launched later than NSO if I'm not wrong.
So might be the same here, launch SNES and then controllers later.

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
So will they add another tier that you have to pay to get SNES games or will anyone that has NSO subscribed for over a year (thanks Amazon Prime) be grandfathered in? Might be smart to lock in another year now. Might get that physical Tetris 99 release so I'd be good through fall 2021.

Deleted member 5334

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Huh...

Provided Nintendo still has their pre-TGS Direct this year (they've done it the last two years consistently), guessing that'll be revealed then...?

Herb Alpert

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Paris, France
I would probably use a snes app more often than the NES one.
And I'm such a sucker for snes things that I might buy the probably awfully overpriced switch snes controllers...

Burai

Oct 27, 2017
I'd piss myself laughing if it was just one of these but with a flattened top so it could be docked:

800px-Nintendo-Famicom-NES-Dogbone-Controller-FL.jpg

vanty

Oct 26, 2017
Do SNES controllers even fit on the sides of a docked Switch? I'm not about to get out of bed to test it myself.

Link83

Dec 12, 2017
Thinking about it some more, given the Switch Lite is on its way I think Nintendo will decide not to use the joycon rail on these and instead use a USB type-C charging port - it just makes the most sense.

Also, since the SNES controller is wider than the NES controller, i'm not sure how well that would work given the height of a Switch dock above a flat surface.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
September Direct for the announcement of SNES games hitting NSO alongside the announcement of this controller is my guess.