• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
NO IN-GAME FOOTAGE. Sorry, should have had that in the title.

7 mins

13 mins

Last edited:

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Let me guess, it's about a depressed guy working in an office, who spends his day reflecting back on his youth when he used to play FFVII with his old friends? And then he learns about the Remake and get happy once again.

EroticSushi

Oct 25, 2017
Kojima right now:

n08A8NO.jpg

NerevaRising

Oct 5, 2018
Let me guess, it's about a depressed guy working in an office, who spends his day reflecting back on his youth when he used to play FFVII with his old friends? And then he learns about the Remake and get happy once again.
Seems like Japanese companies do this type of commercial a lot, I remember a very similar winning eleven ad.

yap

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
my dude nomura physically cannot let go of the numbers 7 and 13

anaa

Unshakable Resolve
Jun 30, 2019
this is some half life, 3 screenshots level clownery
thanks nomura

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Just seems mental to me to waste money on something like this.

Munti

Oct 26, 2017
Commercial is done well, but I saw a quite amount of japanese commercials where it's about people that have monotone lives and jobs but get happy because of nostalgia and the narative of "life was good when we were kids". And then they continue to live their monotone lifes.

The guy never played FF7 before.

Ah ok, maybe I misinterpretating the commercial then.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Old fans are pretty much guaranteed to buy the remake. What the ads should focus on is attracting new players IMO.

Akela

Oct 28, 2017
Commercial is done well, but I saw a quite amount of japanese commercials where it's about people that have monotone lives and jobs but get happy because of nostalgia and the narative of "life was good when we were kids". And then they continue to live their monotone lifes.

Ah ok, maybe I misinterpretating the commercial then.

Hey, at least they're honest.

Not sure if it's better or worse than the American trend of overly aspirational commercials.

HMD

Oct 26, 2017
Don't Japanese people have TV shows to watch instead of these long ass ads?

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
Is it just me or is this the most Square thing ever? It reminds me of when they patched the FFXV demo.