• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

GTOAkira

Sep 1, 2018
From Freelance :

【Unreal Engine】某有名大型IP格闘ゲームの新規開発 | フリーランスエンジニア・クリエイターのIT案件・求人情報

【Unreal Engine】某有名大型IP格闘ゲームの新規開発 | 【フリーランスHub】はフリーランスエンジニア・クリエイターの案件・求人情報検索サイトです。IT/Web系のエンジニア・クリエイター向けのフリーランス案件・求人をあなたの希望に合わせて検索、簡単に応募できます。(2024/02/19更新)
-Being developped on Unreal Engine 4.
-It is mentionned that it is being developped for the PS5 so maybe an exclusive.
-Base on a popular action manga that everyone knows.

The ad also mention that it is being developped by a major video game company.

Base on all of the avalaible info this is probably from namco.

Last edited:
OP
OP
GTOAkira

GTOAkira

Sep 1, 2018
Mod : Please move to gaming forum. I apologize for that lol I wasnt paying attention

OP
OP
GTOAkira

GTOAkira

Sep 1, 2018
While it may not be MHA I def think its another ArcSys and Namco collab.
Thank you for the fix mod!

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
I'd go with Jujutsu Kaisen. So popular, easily to turn into a fighting game, and doesn't actively have one in the making yet like others.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Give me a Satoshi Mizukami game to sate me world. Thank you.

image-png.5451

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
This is the My Hero Academia game that no one can agree on whether it exists or not, right?

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
It probably isn't an exclusive unless Sony is literally paying for it. They own anime Demon Slayer rights and didn't even keep that exclusive. We just went through the same thing with FF: Origin rumors.

Shonen anime stuff seems

OP
OP
GTOAkira

GTOAkira

Sep 1, 2018
The ad only mention PS5 but if its namco then it would most likely not be an exclusive. Il fix that in the op.

s y

Nov 8, 2017
Also, assuming this is even ASW, they're probably gonna make another DB Fighterz :/

inb4 spike chunsoft or something.

OP
OP
GTOAkira

GTOAkira

Sep 1, 2018
Thinking about it there is also good chance that this end up being an arena fighter...

Cameron122

Rescued from SR388
Oct 27, 2017
Texas
It's probably gonna be MHA but I'd like to see a Jujutsu Kaisen or Berserk fighting game. I thought about a berserk fighting game when I was watching footage of Sol Badguy and Ky fighting in Guilty Gear. Ya know, Guts and Griffith

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
It's probably MHA but my heart wants One Piece.
Ever since I got into OP a couple of years back I've wanted a ASW 2D fighter of it. The Pirate Warriors games are good, but a quality 2D fighter would be amazing. Only issue with it I see is there's no way people won't complain about the roster no matter what they do. OP has so many great characters that no matter who they pick, someones favourite will be left out!

Oh, and I'd love another good Jojo fighter. So annoyed that we never got a sequel to Allstar Battle, that was a good base of a game - add more fighters, add an actual story mode like the Naruto games, it'd be great. Shallow, but great.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
That MHA rumor was just fake fantasy, JJK is my bet. It's "the" cool shonen now.
Strike iron while it is hot.

OP
OP
GTOAkira

GTOAkira

Sep 1, 2018
Jojo ASB was legit a great foundation for an even better game. The combo in asb were so fun and the game had an amazing presentation. Sadly it was made just before namco realized arena fighter were a gold mine. We then got eye of heaven instead :(

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
This was the previous rumor thread for MHA:

www.resetera.com

My Hero Academia 2 V 2 Fighting Game Possibly In Development from ArcSys Works Rumor

Hello all, It is E3 week and things are getting tossed around left and right. Some false and some true. Recently a thread about a new MHA fighting game being in development by ArcSys Works began in a separate forum and basically stated that Arc is working on a MHA fighting game. The voice...

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Jojo ASB was legit a great foundation for an even better game. The combo in asb were so fun and the game had an amazing presentation. Sadly it was made just before namco realized arena fighter were a gold mine. We then got eye of heaven instead :(
Yup, really hurts. We were a sequel or two away from a legit excellent Jojo game but Namco killed it before it had a chance. I know ASB sorta floundered after week one sales in Japan so that could have contributed toward the switch, but I still think a sequel without that stupid mobile game "play a set number of matchs before you have to wait" mechanic would have been a success and spawned a successful series like the Naruto games did.

KayonXaikyre

Oct 27, 2017
Couldn't this just be Dragon Ball Fighterz 2? Makes a lot of sense. Runs on unreal engine 4, popular manga everyone knows, made by arc system works, they finished the last dlc a while ago and it was a highly popular game that could benefit from a sequel with rollback and crossplay.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
the term "fighting game" is so nebulous at this point. It's probably another JoJo arena fighter

Prefty

Banned
Jun 4, 2019
Please, not my hero academia, we just got 2 fighting games released one after the other.

Naruto or One Piece deserves this spot, my heart says Bleach (but my brain know the harsh truth)