• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
May 26, 2018
Alleged new Cloud design for FF7:R doing the rounds, courtesy of Bazztek at Twitter.

Lnk to more links/images/video at https://twitter.com/_bazztek/status/1016293141798776832

2rmtnw2.jpg

Not sure if I buy it to be honest. Looks like Mobius Cloud or FF XR Ride Cloud to me. If it is the redesign, I think I prefer the PSX 2015 Cloud. I think he looks younger, more 'dorky' and 'awkward' there. Here he has that generic moody staring into your soul look.

But whatever. I'm not that offended. And I realise there'll be others who think the opposite of me

Huh. That's... His hair doesn't look like it belongs on his head? Must be an early model or something.

peetxp

May 30, 2018
If it's real it's definitely an early model still, yeh. More importantly what do you guys think?

Also, this post from Shademp at thelifestream.net (https://thelifestream.net/forums/showthread.php?t=20645) makes me even more suspicious as to its veracity: 'The video was uploaded on May 23 this year, but only now is it being noticed! I wonder if the video was simply kept private up until now, or if those 1037 views the video has really is from May 23 up to now.'

How could something this major only leak nearly two month later, with E3 in between too no less??

Edit: when I question its veracity I'm not questioning whether its official or not, just whether its officially FOR FF7:R.

ASarafanov

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Japan
Alleged new Cloud design for FF7:R doing the rounds, courtesy of Bazztek at Twitter.

Lnk to more links/images/video at https://twitter.com/_bazztek/status/1016293141798776832

2rmtnw2.jpg

Not sure if I buy it to be honest. Looks like Mobius Cloud or FF XR Ride Cloud to me. If it is the redesign, I think I prefer the PSX 2015 Cloud. I think he looks younger, more 'dorky' and 'awkward' there. Here he has that generic moody staring into your soul look.

But whatever. I'm not that offended. And I realise there'll be others who think the opposite of me

https://www.resetera.com/threads/fi...ii-remake-dev-pics.54236/page-2#post-10194033

Fake news.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think it's the same model that we have been seeing. the only difference is that it's outside of its intended setting. 3D models tend to look weird under such circumstances

May 26, 2018
If it's real it's definitely an early model still, yeh. More importantly what do you guys think?

If it's not done yet it's unfair to judge it completely. I think it could be good. I kinda like the face, but if they were trying to be more accurate to the concept art... I think the older design actually hits it better. But again it's low res and early, so it's hard for me to even be very confident about that opinion.

Oh. Good to know, then.

OP
OP
Koozek

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
The thread about this image earlier today was already closed. The images are not directly from the Remake's dev environment and the model is clearly not rendered in final pass in that pic anyway. The images are from Visual Works who worked on a VR project. Of course though it wouldn't be far-fetched for Visual Works to share the most current model with BD1 since they're obviously working closely with SE's internal teams and BD1 surely uses Visual Work's internal mocap studio that's in the same building just like the FFXV team did. So it's not a render from the game itself, but the model's design might still be representative enough (and clearly different than the 2015 version, which makes sense since we earlier this year heard Cloud's design has been changed), I guess. We'll see.

FrontierGamer

Banned
Jan 31, 2018
I think we'll see a new trailer (at least) at the Playstation Experience 2018. And if not at this event, another dedicated to the saga or the next E3.

OP
OP
Koozek

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
Lol, remember that FFVIIR Tifa concept art "leak" a few months ago before E3? Just randomly checked the Facebook site of Roberto Ferrari (FFXV/FFVIIR Co-Character Designer) and saw that he had declared the image as fake a few weeks ago:
FAKE SPOTTED! ATTENZIONE, FALSONE!
TigerFrank: This illustration IS NOT by Roberto Ferrari, someone just made a fake by copying his style, making a poorly drawn fan-art, and photoshopping his signature. The anatomy itself is all over the place. Shoutout to whoever drew this: you're risking a lawsuit!

TigerFrank: Questo disegno non è di Roberto Ferrari.
Qualcuno ha voluto imitare il suo stile disegnando una fan-art riuscita nemmeno troppo bene. Anatomicamente non ci siamo e mi fermo qui. La cosa grave è che qualcuno abbia apposto la sua firma con Photoshop. Questo è passabile di denuncia. Chiunque sappia chi è l'autore di questo clamoroso fake è pregato di farsi avanti.

Potete scrivere QUI -a quei pochi che scambiano croste per bei disegni- che quel disegno non è di Roberto? Ma soprattutto come si fa a non distinguere il suo stile da questo ciullarone?
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFVIIRemake/comments/8ps7z0/tifas_remake_design_leaked/

Ricordate che i suoi originali accreditati li potete vedere solo qui, sulla sua pagina ufficiale.

This is the only place you will find his official artwork

Source.

V5svtQp.png

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's a shame because I would have been okay with that redesign.

There have been no shortage of "the SJWs better not mess with her gigantic shirt-bursting tits!" responses. Part of me still worries Square might be more worried about the backlash from that section of the fanbase rather than coming up with something sensible but still sexy.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Lol, remember that FFVIIR Tifa concept art "leak" a few months ago before E3? Just randomly checked the Facebook site of Roberto Ferrari (FFXV/FFVIIR Co-Character Designer) and saw that he had declared the image as fake a few weeks ago:

V5svtQp.png
Oh wow that was a fake? Although to be honest I didn't even know there was a Tifa leak lol!

I wonder when we'll get to finally see her and Aerith.

OP
OP
Koozek

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
This looks absolutely nothing like Ferrari's art style lol. Come on y'all...
Hardly. That imitation just copied the color palette of those character sheets from earlier this year. I imagine they took a picture of the drawing with a phone camera to make it seem like a legitimate leak.

The line weight or anatomy isn't really anything like Ferarri's. Not a bad drawing, just obvious it's not official concept art.
Btw, just remembered your posts and damn, you were right and so adamant about it too :D In case you missed my bump, Roberto Ferrari confirmed that the Tifa "leak" is fake - see my post above.

I honestly still don't see how it's that clearly different from Ferrari's style tbh
TLxO1oq.png
Which part of the anatomy stuck out to you?

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017

There have been no shortage of "the SJWs better not mess with her gigantic shirt-bursting tits!" responses. Part of me still worries Square might be more worried about the backlash from that section of the fanbase rather than coming up with something sensible but still sexy.

Does any competent dev really care about those kind of losers? even TN is ignoring them with Doa6 (I know they'll milk them latter when they want to sell DLC but still)

Somni

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Btw, just remembered your posts and damn, you were right and so adamant about it too :D In case you missed my bump, Roberto Ferrari confirmed that the Tifa "leak" is fake - see my post above.

I honestly still don't see how it's that clearly different from Ferrari's style tbh
TLxO1oq.png
Which part of the anatomy stuck out to you?
The proportions were slightly off, such as how the legs and feet were drawn smaller relative to the upper body. The posture is a bit stiff when compared to how Ferrari's typically draws his characters.

It takes years to hone drawing skills to the level of Ferrai, and I don't mean to tear down the attempt by the artist. Although the skill gap is apparent if you look for these aspects.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Does any competent dev really care about those kind of losers? even TN is ignoring them with Doa6 (I know they'll milk them latter when they want to sell DLC but still)

What TN is doing with DOA6 is pretty unprecedented for a Japanese dev....and I wouldn't be surprised if they reverted back to the typical T&A the series is known for if the backlash (and sales numbers) are high enough.

The fact that the FFXV team was completely taken back by the complaints towards Cindy's design leaves me a bit concerned. Remember that in Japan, Nami from One Piece is considered an acceptable character design for children...

Narroo

Banned
Feb 27, 2018

Frankly, wasn't the original reason her breasts were huge was because the low polygon count required some exaggeration to be visible? I think it was the same reason that Sephiroth and Cloud had gigantic swords; it showed up better on screen a la pre-film theatre tricks. Obviously, they ran with it afterwards and it wasn't like Tifa wasn't supposed to be attractive in the first place, but I think she originally wasn't supposed to be that well endowed.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Frankly, wasn't the original reason her breasts were huge was because the low polygon count required some exaggeration to be visible? I think it was the same reason that Sephiroth and Cloud had gigantic swords; it showed up better on screen a la pre-film theatre tricks. Obviously, they ran with it afterwards and it wasn't like Tifa wasn't supposed to be attractive in the first place, but I think she originally wasn't supposed to be that well endowed.

It hasn't stopped a legion of fans insisting that her FMV bazongas were "the canon size".

Square thankfully hasn't gotten entirely on board with that sentiment, but it always feels like they're happy to go all-in if it's what keeps the fanbase happy.