• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I bet that's a render or something on his desktop wallpaper

No way they leak an image that way.

That'd be kinda weird since there seems to be a command menu on the screen.

Even if that is wallpaper having the command menu on there makes it pretty ugly when they could have just edited out and make it a proper wallpaper.

OP
OP
Koozek

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
Every time I hear "Buster" I have to think of Arrested Development now, lol.

Ishiro

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Lebanon

Let the meltdowns begin.

Edit: tweet taken down. The job postings were apparently old and the writing director job posting was a mistranslation.

Last edited:

MZZ

Nov 2, 2017
If that's the scale of the Air Buster. Holy Damn! I want to see enemy designs and scale. What would the weapons look like. What kind of battles are we gonna have. I am imagining all the flashy attacks and fight scenes. It's gonna be good.

I am really trying to lower and temper my expectations but getting to imagine how HUGE this game could be from what we know of FF7. I hope this game is executed perfectly.

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
Great! They've developed up to the part of the Air Buster! That's...at least three hours into the game!

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
Nice, even if the designs have supposedly been tweaked, the overall visual/lighting style still looks like the reveal and psx style even after the move in house, which is great since I loved the atmosphere of that psx trailer.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Saddest part is Tifa's new design is just behind Air Buster, if the fight has the same set-up as the original. So near and yet so far.

The other big question is if this line is still in...

sGfq0g7.png
I hope so.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Please. Let people enjoy this before the shitposting begins.
"LMAO U FIGHT THIS IN SECTOR 5, THEY'RE STILL ONLY WORKING ON THAT PART?? 2069 RELEASE CONFIRMED XD"

Do you see?

Let the meltdowns begin.

It's not happening this Gen is it?
I feel like they're still working on bombing mission after all these years

smh

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
Me: "I dont even want to see the game because i know its a way out"
Me after seeing an off screen shot of air buster: "LETS FUCKIN GO!"

OP
OP
Koozek

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
I'd say it's going to take at least that much time for Part 1. It's probably going to be cross-gen at this point.
Eh, now that's too pessimistic^^ I could see Part 1 for late 2019/early 2020 or so. Just wondering if it's gonna be more than just Midgar or not. I've always speculated that Part 1 would end at Costa del Sol, but I guess the end of Midgar would actually work quite well too pacing-wise as some sort of "this was just the beginning, now the real journey begins"-typa cliffhanger - though it would probably not be that exciting to have a whole game set in just one city unless they add some new, more bright places above the plates to increase the setting's variety.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
Eh, now that's too pessimistic^^ I could see Part 1 for late 2019/early 2020 or so. Just wondering if it's gonna be more than just Midgar or not. I've always speculated that Part 1 would end at Costa del Sol, but I guess the end of Midgar would actually work quite well too pacing-wise as some sort of "this was just the beginning, now the real journey begins"-typa cliffhanger - though it would probably not be that exciting to have a whole game set in just one city unless they add some new, more bright places above the plates to increase the setting's variety.

I think part 1 would require a lot of actual content and assets to be made, which takes time. I think it would end at the kalm flashback though, give a taste of a small part of the world and end it with a cliffhanger.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
Me: "I dont even want to see the game because i know its a way out"
Me after seeing an off screen shot of air buster: "LETS FUCKIN GO!"
This, lol.

Also, on the one hand I don't want them to show the new designs until they are finalized and the game is close enough they can't rework them anymore after we get attached to the designs they show, on the other it's still FF7 and I want to see more lol.

Last edited:

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017
I hope that doesn't mean they only have up until the end of the bombing mission done :(

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Edit : I forgot about the Shoulder pads , Yea this is cloud , I thought the thing that matches the hair color on the left shoulder was the remains of a long hair , but I forgot about the shoulder pad

Last edited:

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The first new bit of information in like two years and it's still another shot of the only environment of the game we've seen since its announcement three years ago.

Like, Midgar is cool but it really doesn't give confidence that this thing is releasing anytime before fall 2020 at the earliest.