• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hu3

Oct 25, 2017
No it isn't. Midgar is the first four hours of the game. The first disc break isn't until way, way, way later - it's basically the halfway point of the story. Then the disc 3 break is basically just for the endgame.

How is it not ?, if at the end of the disc 1 you fight that robot machine ad the end of the highway all that is Midgard.

Doc Kelso

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
How is it not ?, if at the end of the disc 1 you fight that robot machine ad the end of the highway all that is Midgard.
That is not where disc 1 ends. Disc one ends much later in the game. Temple of the Ancients iirc.

Midgar is literally the first 2-3 hours of the game. 4 hours tops.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I think it's obvious that these parts are three individual games. Even if they're not worthy of being 60 USD each, it's obvious that they're not going to constitute 1/3 of the average RPG. Your comments about this being a 'micro-slice' when they're massively expanding the already sizable Midgar section of the game demonstrates your willful misinterpretation of the facts surrounding this game's development. I don't think people want you to be positive so much as they want you to be realistic.

I don't really care how much content is there from an 'hours played' standpoint. It's more about having to wait four more years and pay sixty more dollars for the party members I actually want to use, and any of the summons that would be fun to get, and any of the side quests or side areas that are worth doing.

There's not gonna be a damn battle arena in Midgar, you're not gonna get any cool summons in this game, and it's going to stop right when anything actually interesting starts to happen in the plot. It's like ending the first Star Wars movie right when Luke, Han and Obi-Wan get in the Falcon and leave Tatooine.

The end of disc 1 in the original game is after Aeris dies.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't really care how much content is there from an 'hours played' standpoint. It's more about having to wait four more years and pay sixty more dollars for the party members I actually want to use, and any of the summons that would be fun to get, and any of the side quests or side areas that are worth doing.

There's not gonna be a damn battle arena in Midgar, you're not gonna get any cool summons in this game, and it's going to stop right when anything actually interesting starts to happen in the plot. It's like ending the first Star Wars movie right when Luke, Han and Obi-Wan get in the Falcon and leave Tatooine.

You sure do know a lot about a game where not very much is revealed. Does your uncle work at Square Enix?

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
I'm disappointed that the only major RPG Square is making for the next several years is a micro-slice of a remake I never even wanted in the first place. The LEAST they could've done was include any of the good parts of VII.
I mean, we know it's not. The Yoshida division one is probably more your speed luckily.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
You sure do know a lot about a game where not very much is revealed. Does your uncle work at Square Enix?

Think of it this way: you don't even get CHOCO-MOG until the Chocobo Farm. Bahamut isn't until the Temple of the Ancients. Are people really expecting them to hand out any of the good summons in the first game?

discotrigger

Oct 25, 2017

The end of disc 1 in the original game is after Aeris dies.

See, it's fine to say that your favorite parts of the original game happen after Midgar, and that you would rather play those. Mischaracterizing the amount of content they're preparing for the expanded Midgar chapter isn't necessary to express your excitement for what comes after this. Also, it's not a 1-to-1 remake, so assuming there won't be features like a battle arena in Midgar seems premature, to me. They have (rather diminutive) pre-order summons that weren't in the original game, so getting at least one impressive summon in Midgar isn't out of the question either. They're obviously going to massage the game to make it suitable as a standalone experience, so I think it will be a satisfying experience nonetheless, and certainly nothing directly comparable to the original Midgar section.

Also, I think you're well aware that the original game's discs don't cut up the game proportionally. The end of Disc 1 is essentially half-way through the game. When Midgar is going to be a larger part of the remake series compared to the original game, it makes sense that it could justify its own part. Of course, I do personally hope each subsequent entry tries to outshine what the Midgar part establishes as the foundation.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Think of it this way: you don't even get CHOCO-MOG until the Chocobo Farm. Bahamut isn't until the Temple of the Ancients. Are people really expecting them to hand out any of the good summons in the first game?

final fantasy vii remake is not final fantasy vii, but as many people have already demonstrated, explaining this to you is a waste of time; you're here to be a party pooper and nothing will stop that

Glassboy

Oct 27, 2017
I'm disappointed that the only major RPG Square is making for the next several years is a micro-slice of a remake I never even wanted in the first place. The LEAST they could've done was include any of the good parts of VII.

Why the hell are you responding in this thread? We get it. You've gotten your point across multiple threads. No need to go on. It's not gonna change anything.

enigmatic_alex44

GAGA IS A FLOP
Oct 25, 2017
You tried it.
Uh oh...

They're going to tone down the risque Honeybee Inn, aren't they??? Hope not! (they also need to keep Cloud and the girls threatening Don to chop/smash/rip "them" off and Cloud disinfecting a wig)

Wall Market needs to be a MESS

v8iDCHT.gif

Shahadan

Oct 27, 2017
I'm more worried they tone down the bloody shinra hq part, that was something back in the day

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
They're going to tone down the risque Honeybee Inn, aren't they??? Hope not! (they also need to keep Cloud and the girls threatening Don to chop/smash/rip "them" off and Cloud disinfecting a wig)
They only thing that needs a toning down is the allusion to sexual assault from the fitness men. The rest is fine.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I mean, summons are confirmed. It makes no sense to use this logic since the original game we get summons only after Midgar, but this isn't the case here.

Dank Lotion

Oct 27, 2017
Turks reveal! Can't believe this is 6 months away.

PlanetSmasher shitting up yet another Remake thread? Mild shock. I put that dude on ignore after the E3 blowout this year where he literally whined every post.

AwakenedCloud

Oct 27, 2017
What's the over under on them introducing NEW party members. Since we obviously won't have access to a lot of the original cast, and Red XIII would theoretically appear very late into the game, is there potential for Jesse / Biggs / Wedge to be playable for a segment of the game? Maybe we even get a completely original character at this point? I wouldn't put it past Nomura.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I should hope it gets a trailer at it's (hopefully) last TGS.

I'm still amazed reading all the positive battle impressions but my eyes are still rolling over the 2 bd disc shenanigans.

saiko

Nov 4, 2017
Showing literally anything that isn't Midgar would be a plus. You don't even get any cool summons until after you leave Midgar. Even baby Bahamut.

I just want them to get this shit over with so the good parts of the game can show up.

How do you know we won't get any cool summons? Isn't summon materia part of the preorder bonus? My point is this is a remake, not a remaster. They can change things up if they want, especially since there is supposedly 2 bluray discs worth of content.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
How do you know we won't get any cool summons? Isn't summon materia part of the preorder bonus? My point is this is a remake, not a remaster. They can change things up if they want, especially since there is supposedly 2 bluray discs worth of content.

I'll eat my words if they somehow find a way to stick Bahamut into Midgar. I just don't see it happening. Like I said, I expect early Ifrit and Shiva and maybe Ramuh, but any of the really exciting summons will be held back so they have places to go in parts 2 and 3 (and possibly 4).

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
I'll eat my words if they somehow find a way to stick Bahamut into Midgar. I just don't see it happening. Like I said, I expect early Ifrit and Shiva and maybe Ramuh, but any of the really exciting summons will be held back so they have places to go in parts 2 and 3 (and possibly 4).
Really exciting? The whole cool part of summons was the animation, which will be completely different in this game for obvious reasons.

They could find a way to make Ifrit, Shiva, Ramuh or whoever look cool.

We literally have no idea how summons work in this game, you're passing judgement way too early

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

FF VII have 3 Bahamuts. They can put a different one in each game.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Really exciting? The whole cool part of summons was the animation, which will be completely different in this game for obvious reasons.

They could find a way to make Ifrit, Shiva, Ramuh or whoever look cool.

We literally have no idea how summons work in this game, you're passing judgement way too early

I mean, Ifrit, Shiva and Ramuh are the starter summons in FF games for a reason. There's an order of magnitude between them and Bahamut and SEVERAL orders of magnitude between them and Bahamut Zero and KotR. It wouldn't make sense for the baby summons to be as cool as the ultimate ones.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, Ifrit, Shiva and Ramuh are the starter summons in FF games for a reason. There's an order of magnitude between them and Bahamut and SEVERAL orders of magnitude between them and Bahamut Zero and KotR. It wouldn't make sense for the baby summons to be as cool as the ultimate ones.
but again if the opening section is being scaled up to a full game, obviously they're going to structure it like one. Will probably even add in new summons too, I'd bet.

Or summons could, regardless of which one it is, be complete shit overall. I know some fans have been complaining about FFXIII and XV handled them.

I just think it's unwise to look to the original FFVII for how they're gonna handle it when the battle system overall is going to be completely retooled and the entire game restructured.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
but again if the opening section is being scaled up to a full game, obviously they're going to structure it like one. Will probably even add in new summons too, I'd bet.

Or summons could, regardless of which one it is, be complete shit overall. I know some fans have been complaining about FFXIII and XV handled them.

I just think it's unwise to look to the original FFVII for how they're gonna handle it when the battle system overall is going to be completely retooled and the entire game restructured.

I mean, the thing is that if they really want this shit to last three or four full games, they HAVE to hold stuff back for the second, third and fourth parts. If you're using the same spells, summons, and command materia for all four games with no logical progression of player power and stylishness, the combat system will be absolute dullery by the end of the story.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I hope they show something new and different.

I feel like they are only showing things that are being "remade", and not revealing the "new" of the game, i hope this is for fans of the original as to leave us something to be surprised from.

I'm more worried they tone down the bloody shinra hq part, that was something back in the day

Yeah i hope they keep the horror-ish, creepy and Carpenter-esque aspects of the game in full force, the idea of some Jenova creature moving and expanding inside Hojo's lab should be terrifying.

Shadow_FFVI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
I don't know dude. They've done it before.

Carn

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
I somehow keep hoping that all the "it focuses on Midgar" is just a big ploy to keep the online talk going, and the game ends up being the complete thing. Less than 1% chance, but I'll take those odds :o

Status
Not open for further replies.