• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
I'm disappointed that the only major RPG Square is making for the next several years is a micro-slice of a remake I never even wanted in the first place. The LEAST they could've done was include any of the good parts of VII.
How is this in any shape or form true? There is going to be a Kingdom Hearts IV sooner rather than later (we aren't going to go through 13 years of mobile/handheld spin-offs this time, KHIV's pre-production might have already started, or whatever the next big KH game is), Luminous Productions is moving ahead with their big budget next-gen game, the preparations for Dragon Quest XII have already started, YoshiP's division is so far along with their next project that they have moved on into the full development phase of that next-gen game & gone on a hiring spree, we know Yoko Taro's next big (?) project is under way and might even be announced in the not too distant future + SQEX is publishing games like Babylon's Fall. There's a lot of big budget, major RPG stuff coming from SQEX. Or well, as much as you can expect in these days of game development schedules of any bigger projects often taking or even exceeding 3-4 years.

They basically built a whole new studio for FFVII Remake. It's not halting the development of everything else. At latter stages of its development (like, right now for Part 1), it might take away some of the workforce that SQEX transfers between projects as they see fit depending on how far into development certain projects are and planned release schedules, but all in all FFVII Remake shouldn't be the next FFXIV ARR that just obliterates everything else the company is working on internally.

Last edited:

Deleted member 5745

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just put PlanetSmasher on ignore, you'll save yourself a headache.

On topic, can't wait for this trailer!

Deleted member 4886

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of Summons we might actually get quite a few, as it's prolly obvious the later game, if there is another one after this won't be a direct sequel in terms of carrying over content, they already changed a bunch.

Like Cloud getting an actual new weapon, Summon DLC being shown. If they have to pace Migard out to at least 40 hours, then we can already expect rewrites, and it's a remake. Like the scene with Aerith seeing those shadowy figures.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait, I watched the E3 trailer to death and need some new material.

People seem to forget we only scratched the surface of Midgar. There are 8 sectors and we only got maybe 2 or 3. Then we didn't see much of the upper plate.

I would not be surprised if we have a Gold Saucer type park somewhere on the upper plate since its a long way off before we see that and it would be perfect here. Get your Chocobo racing fix. Train your Chocobo here and win and unlock a Championship in the Gold Saucer.

The game will be fundamentally the same but it may not follow the exact same beat as the original. They could extend the game and have a longer segment with Red just to get some use out of him.

Finally I would not put it past them that Yuffie will appear. She appears in a random battle in the original but now she could have broken into Midgar to steal Materia and joins the party here.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017

People seem to forget we only scratched the surface of Midgar. There are 8 sectors and we only got maybe 2 or 3. Then we didn't see much of the upper plate.

I would not be surprised if we have a Gold Saucer type park somewhere on the upper plate since its a long way off before we see that and it would be perfect here. Get your Chocobo racing fix. Train your Chocobo here and win and unlock a Championship in the Gold Saucer.

The game will be fundamentally the same but it may not follow the exact same beat as the original. They could extend the game and have a longer segment with Red just to get some use out of him.

Finally I would not put it past them that Yuffie will appear. She appears in a random battle in the original but now she could have broken into Midgar to steal Materia and joins the party here.
Really? Never knew this!

plow

Oct 28, 2017
EEEmCCYU4AIGIrM

countdown still on the release date...

That's just the release date, isn't it?

I'm not sure i've ever read positive post from PlanetSmasher.

RedRum

Newbie Paper Plane Pilot
Oct 25, 2017

Lol. Take a breather. I'm sorry my lack of hype for another trailer from a piecemeal game in year four of development from a studio that has issues in keeping release dates, upsets you. I'm cautiously optimistic of the whole project, and would have rather had the E3 gameplay presentation be the last we hear about it until release. If you want to be hyped, by all means, be hyped.

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

They can always make a Golder Saucer Midgar, that's a smaller version of the actual one.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Give me something to be positive about and I'll be positive about it. Not my fault they want to charge $200 for a fucking remake of a PS1 game.

All the flavors but you chose to be salty to shit up the thread? You knew what you were doing, its a repeat offense in multiple FF7 threads. At this point, you should leave it to people who actually are looking forward to the game rather than being disingenuous.

I hope they reveal Reno (and not the fake silly Reno from Advent Children).

Turks turned into a joke by CD 2, they were always silly

Dark_Castle

Oct 27, 2017
Not hyped until I see something out of Midgar. Yes I know part 1 is all on Midgar, but I would have been happy with a brief tease of Midgar zolom or something.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Lol. Take a breather. I'm sorry my lack of hype for another trailer from a piecemeal game in year four of development from a studio that has issues in keeping release dates, upsets you. I'm cautiously optimistic of the whole project, and would have rather had the E3 gameplay presentation be the last we hear about it until release. If you want to be hyped, by all means, be hyped.

They werent going to literally not show a trailer for 9 months. What the hell are you talking about.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know why you are assuming that we are only getting a trailer. There is a Sony stage presentation for FF7R on Saturday so we might get some new gameplay stuff.

John Frost

Oct 27, 2017
Canada

I'm so upset.

So you wanted nothing, awesome.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Man, the possibilities for this game is outta control. I really hope we get to explore a large amount of Midgard and that there will be ton of new activities available since we wont get to Golden Saucer in the first game.
Put in an arcade with Ehrgeiz playable in it pls thank you.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
Scratched the surface of Midgar the city perhaps, but not the Midgar scenario. That's where they need to give people a better idea of the scope of this thing. Prove that it isn't just an "epic" retread of reactor 1, sectoral 6 and 7 etc

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
I think it's obvious that these parts are three individual games. Even if they're not worthy of being 60 USD each, it's obvious that they're not going to constitute merely 1/3 of the average RPG, so they shouldn't be 20 USD either. Your comments about this being a 'micro-slice' when they're massively expanding the already sizable Midgar section of the game demonstrates your willful misinterpretation of the facts surrounding this game's development. I don't think people want you to be positive so much as they want you to be realistic about your cynicism.
We have to wait & see how much of Midgar is actually expanded, i have some doubts it will be worthy of it's own game, i think Square needed to get an FF7R out for PS4 & this is what they have so far, but the real thing will be out on PS5 with the open world stuff.

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
New trailer and a stage presentation at TGS on Saturday. Give me all the FF7R goodness.

ElukiaTV

Oct 28, 2017
Spain
The game being made is suprising for people who actually care about expansion of midgar content...im sure anything that could be considered suprising would be looked at as a negative to begin with
Yes please, i dont mind the game being split into different parts.. but if we are gonna go that route... Let me visit more sectors of Midgar! i want to check new places of Midgar and how do they work.... the rich zone? and stuff like that? do it SE please.

plow

Oct 28, 2017
Yes please, i dont mind the game being split into different parts.. but if we are gonna go that route... Let me visit more sectors of Midgar! i want to check new places of Midgar and how do they work.... the rich zone? and stuff like that? do it SE please.

They can also show different stuff.
We have a really big gap of things that happened with Avalanche while Cloud was with Aeris.

ElukiaTV

Oct 28, 2017
Spain
They can also show different stuff.
We have a really big gap of things that happened with Avalanche while Cloud was with Aeris.
Switching control to Tifa and Barret after Cloud falls into the church? i would love to play that has a side-story mission. I mean.. they made their own investigations after that and reached the same point Cloud did at Don Corneo mansion..

Red XIII hype, Turks hype.. also, since they are changing part of the script i hope they take the Turks more seriously, they were a joke in FFVII cd2 but they were pretty decent in Crisis Core. (Never played FFVII: Before Crisis, anyone has any interesting info about that game?).

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
Is there some reason to believe the Dengeki/Famitsu playthrough won't contain new content?
We don't know right now, but it says TGS demo playthrough so I expect it to be the same demo from E3/Gamescom build, just in Japanese.
It will most likely be first time we get direct-feed footage of the demo so I guess it's new in that sense. But just don't expect anything beyond that.

Banzai

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
The fur on Red XIII is gonna be insane if the other character's renders are anything to go by.

Death Penalty

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
We don't know right now, but it says TGS demo playthrough so I expect it to be the same demo from E3/Gamescom build, just in Japanese.
It will most likely be first time we get direct-feed footage of the demo so I guess it's new in that sense. But just don't expect anything beyond that.
I would personally be pretty surprised if it was just the same old demo, especially considering it's possible a new trailer featuring new elements will be featured beforehand, but if you want to keep your expectations in check I understand.

plow

Oct 28, 2017
Switching control to Tifa and Barret after Cloud falls into the church? i would love to play that has a side-story mission. I mean.. they made their own investigations after that and reached the same point Cloud did at Don Corneo mansion..

Red XIII hype, Turks hype.. also, since they are changing part of the script i hope they take the Turks more seriously, they were a joke in FFVII cd2 but they were pretty decent in Crisis Core. (Never played FFVII: Before Crisis, anyone has any interesting info about that game?).

Exactly. Also while the whole Corneo thing happened, Barret and Avalanche were already there fighting Shinra.
Although, i doubt that othery of Avalanche will be playable and that part only has Barret in it.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
I would personally be pretty surprised if it was just the same old demo, especially considering it's possible a new trailer featuring new elements will be featured beforehand, but if you want to keep your expectations in check I understand.
I could see it being an updated build, with better visuals and maybe the stance system being implemented and such. But I don't really expect whole new section or something.
Of course it would be great if they showed something like the beginning of the bombing run that was shown behind closed doors.

LowParry

Oct 26, 2017
I for one am super excited. I'd like to see more of the combat with maybe some higher spells used or maybe one of the pre order Summons.

Status
Not open for further replies.