• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
uBrYvYA.gif

doodlebob

Mar 11, 2018
I just want them to release anything that gives me E3 2015 vibes with more upper plate stuff instead of injecting more Sephiroth into the main story.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Oh God it's so close! I just woke up an read the news! So 4pm Cet huh? That's good, I should be home from work by then

Just give me a bit more Tifa, I don't ask for much.
1316faab95b2624584243b3227548230.gif

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
So 3pm for me.

I might have to fine a quiet corner in the office to watch it. Hopefully the English version of the trailer is not long after the Japanese one.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
So 3pm for me.

I might have to fine a quiet corner in the office to watch it. Hopefully the English version of the trailer is not long after the Japanese one.
As this isn't apart of TGS per se and they're uploading it themselves (they even tweeted it on their English account), an English version should be immediately available, luckily.

Awesome Kev

Banned
Jan 10, 2018
fuck im gonna be in class when this thing drops

ugh, i need to keep my hype levels i check anwyay. i just don't know how they could top everything they showed us at e3 earlier this year. this is not going to be a perfect game that delivers exactly what im imagining........ but my god does it look that way so far lol.

what the consensus we think theyre showing, the turks? more sephiroth? possibly mini game action? more battles? fun stuff like gym squats and cross dressing? maybe it's much more story heavy?

have they fully explained what that shadowy shit was in the e3 trailer?

Awesome Kev

Banned
Jan 10, 2018
Yes.
They've already confirmed they will be showcasing Shinra peepz

ok, yeah make sense. glad i know so i'm not expecting some knock em dead trailer like the last one. not that i don't like the turks! of course they could slip some other things in their like Red XIII or Jenova, maybe some of the other things i mentioned. fuck now i got to go study spanish and not think about this

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
fuck im gonna be in class when this thing drops

ugh, i need to keep my hype levels i check anwyay. i just don't know how they could top everything they showed us at e3 earlier this year. this is not going to be a perfect game that delivers exactly what im imagining........ but my god does it look that way so far lol.

what the consensus we think theyre showing, the turks? more sephiroth? possibly mini game action? more battles? fun stuff like gym squats and cross dressing? maybe it's much more story heavy?

have they fully explained what that shadowy shit was in the e3 trailer?
The watchmen of fate (the black mist in the trailer) are mysterious beings that appear before the party wherever they go.

Foxnull

Alt-Account
Banned
May 30, 2019
Hope they'll finally add a 'Episode 1' subtitle or something similar to the game title. Calling it FF7 Remake is deception.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
They could be cheeky and go the TLOU route calling them FF VII Remake: Part 2, FF VII Remake: Part 3...

It's a bit of a mouthful (well, not really), but we're talking about a company that's putting out games like Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Hope they'll finally add a 'Episode 1' subtitle or something similar to the game title. Calling it FF7 Remake is deception.

FF7R is a full game. FF13 was not called FF13 part 1 cause its a trilogy. Ppl should let go of their old impressions because of the story

If they do start putting parts on this thing, they will start with the second iteration. FF7R 2, FF 7R 3 ect

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
They could be cheeky and go the TLOU route calling them FF VII Remake: Part 2, FF VII Remake: Part 3...

It's a bit of a mouthful (well, not really), but we're talking about a company that's putting out games like Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition.
I think the issue for many people are about the first part. It really doesn't matter what they call the later parts, as long as the first part not having any sort of subtitle indicating it's not telling the full FF7R story/focusing on Midgar part.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
We're just a few hours away now? Sweeeeet.

Looking forward to seeing my boi Red XIII. Not sure how the hell they're going to pull him off with the more realistic graphics, but fingers crossed.

Brix

Oct 25, 2017
I think the issue for many people are about the first part. It really doesn't matter what they call the later parts, as long as the first part not having any sort of subtitle indicating it's not telling the full FF7R story/focusing on Midgar part.
I feel people need the drop the word episodic. When people hear that word they automatically think about those Taletell games. FF7 Remake is a full game.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
I read this as "It would be cool if we get to taste chocobo.! i was like YOU MONSTER!!
Hey, if Nintendo says you can eat Slimes, I can eat chocobos thank you very much!

This dude had the right idea:
1280x720.jpg

Ah, right, yeah. Actually, wasn't it said/implied after E3 2015 that they'd be revealing the game's title?

I wonder what they were going to call it and whether Remake was part of that title or not. Reunion was speculated among some people and, while cool, it wouldn't sell this as a remake and it'd have been too sequel-like.
We're just a few hours away now? Sweeeeet.

Looking forward to seeing my boi Red XIII. Not sure how the hell they're going to pull him off with the more realistic graphics, but fingers crossed.
I wouldn't be counting on seeing our guy just yet what with the tease of Shinra by Nomura :(

He deserves a Red XIII-themed event on his own for his reveal anyways. A whole convention even.
gGlPSq1.gif

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel people need the drop the word episodic. When people hear that word they automatically think about those Taletell games. FF7 Remake is a full game.
It's going to have the content of a full game, sure. And btw I'm totally fine with how they plan to release it. However, it's confusing to the casual audience if they expect a remake of the entire of FF7 and they get a 1/3 of the game.

Brix

Oct 25, 2017
It's going to have the content of a full game, sure. And btw I'm totally fine with how they plan to release it. However, it's confusing to the casual audience if they expect a remake of the entire of FF7 and they get a 1/3 of the game.
How do you know it's going to be 3 installments? It could be 2 installments. And casuals would be people that haven't played the original correct? Then just like with God of War & Spider-Man people are going to be expecting sequels.

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How do you know it's going to be 3 installments? It could be 2 installments. And casuals would be people that haven't played the original correct? Then just like with God of War & Spider-Man people are going to be expecting sequels.
No, I'm talking about the 10s of millions of people who play video games but aren't plugged into gaming news. Like everyone I went to school with played FF7 and post facebook news articles about the remake and will buy it, but they're not the kind of people to be part of a forum, or go on gaming news website. Their exposure comes through adverts, trailers posted on facebook and going into gameshops and seeing what's on the shelves.

IE, the vast majority of people who play video games.

Isayas

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
No, I'm talking about the 10s of millions of people who play video games but aren't plugged into gaming news. Like everyone I went to school with played FF7 and post facebook news articles about the remake and will buy it, but they're not the kind of people to be part of a forum, or go on gaming news website. Their exposure comes through adverts, trailers posted on facebook and going into gameshops and seeing what's on the shelves.

IE, the vast majority of people who play video games.

Well, they are going to be more people who didn't exists or didn't like the game. So that what SE is aiming this remake for more than us or those who played it once back in '97.

Status
Not open for further replies.