• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I keep forgetting that TGS is coming up, I guess that's good because no expectations means I get pleasantly surprised.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
show something surprising. like early vincent or something. "we made Midgar prettier!" is just not exciting anymore.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is enough to make TGS great. Actually, this game is enough to make any game convention great.

Duonala

Oct 27, 2017
I have a feeling they might show us something related to the Honey Bee inn events since the game is just a few months away now.
I'm also interested in how Don Corneo will look too in this remake.

discotrigger

Oct 25, 2017
Has that been confirmed?
Yes, they revealed this at the beginning of Square-Enix's E3 presentation, the exact quote being,

"The first game in this project expands on the story of Midgar and is such an elaborate retelling that it has become a solid standalone game in its own right."

I suppose if you're generous you could say this doesn't rule out going significantly further than Midgar, but that seems very unlikely. I imagine we could see a very brief part of the story post-Midgar, but I think anything more than that is unreasonable to expect.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
You want them to show Vincent despite the fact he isn't in it?

Showing literally anything that isn't Midgar would be a plus. You don't even get any cool summons until after you leave Midgar. Even baby Bahamut.

I just want them to get this shit over with so the good parts of the game can show up.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I'm disappointed that the only major RPG Square is making for the next several years is a micro-slice of a remake I never even wanted in the first place.

No, you're shit-posting.

You clearly knew the game is only Midgar. Yet you came in here to literally say they should show something in the new trailer that you already know isn't in the game.

And now you're following it up by saying you didn't want the remake in the first place.

Don't post in the thread if that's what you have to add.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Dslwwx7.gif

Oct 31, 2017
Idk if I want to watch this trailer.... but then again, Kingdom Hearts III's trailers showed like 5 seconds of CGI when the full game had like 40 minutes' worth so maybe VII's trailers are also keeping certain things hidden aka i can watch the trailers without feeling like the entire game is already spoiled

RyougaSaotome

Oct 25, 2017
Extremely excited. I really want to see how they fleshed out Midgar as a location and what sort of activities we'll be able to do there. The most fascinating thing about this whole remake project is seeing where they expand things. Midgar is such a tiny location in retrospect and there's sooooo much they can do to it.

Pharaoh

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks but I'm good. Already sold on the game and release date is not too far away, don't need to see more. But I hope it's a good trailer.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
The first disc is just Midgard, and that's what they are doing expanding the first part of the game.

No it isn't. Midgar is the first four hours of the game. The first disc break isn't until way, way, way later - it's basically the halfway point of the story. Then the disc 3 break is basically just for the endgame.

discotrigger

Oct 25, 2017
The game is going to be at least three parts and possibly more than that. $180 is the bare minimum you're gonna be paying for this full remake.
I think it's obvious that these parts are three individual games. Even if they're not worthy of being 60 USD each, it's obvious that they're not going to constitute merely 1/3 of the average RPG, so they shouldn't be 20 USD either. Your comments about this being a 'micro-slice' when they're massively expanding the already sizable Midgar section of the game demonstrates your willful misinterpretation of the facts surrounding this game's development. I don't think people want you to be positive so much as they want you to be realistic about your cynicism.

Status
Not open for further replies.