• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Choose your house, Era

• #TeamEdelgard (Black Eagles)

Votes: 837 58.7%
  • #TeamDimitri (Blue Lions)

Votes: 145 10.2%
  • #TeamClaude (Golden Deer)

Votes: 444 31.1%

• Total voters

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
I'd be surprised if Three Houses isn't at the Fire Emblem Expo in any capacity, but I wouldn't expect a blow-out of new info.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York

Translation:
"Going off what you've told me, I don't think I've met someone like that before... Whatever, just forget about it! You don't want to be distracted in a fight. Our job as mercenaries is to risk our lives. Thinking about pointless things is a quick way to die."

Bio:
The protagonist's father. An experienced soldier, he was formally a captain in the knights of Seiros and is said to be the strongest knight in history. After leaving the knights, he led a mercenary group and continued his travels. His wife has already passed away. After saving some students from brigands, his life took a turn and he rejoined the knights.

Last edited:

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
The protagonist's father. An experienced soldier, he was formally a captain in the knights of Seiros and is said to be the strongest knight in history. After leaving the knights, he led a mercenary group and continued his travels. His wife has already passed away. After saving some students from brigands, his life took a turn and he rejoined the knights.

So he's not that much of a Greil character and actually rejoins the order he was part of before, while his kid joins the academy as a teacher.

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018

Translation:
"Going off what you've told me, I don't think I've met someone like that before... Whatever, just forget about it! You don't want to be distracted in a fight. Our job as mercenaries is to risk our lives. Thinking about pointless things is a quick way to die."

Bio:

He dead.

Golnei

Oct 25, 2017
I mean Greil didn't die immediately either. The only chance he has to not die early on is if he ends up an antagonist (where he still dies, but by your hand)

People were pegging Gunther to die early too. Maybe he'll just be injured for a while, then come back with a convenient explanation for why he's not Byleth's real father and therefore can breed with her.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I also still question whether Jeralt is our father. Dude looks nothing like us, not that that's all that uncommon in anime or FE, but it could be an interesting wrinkle for events.

Two options I would like to see are:
  1. He's not our father but found us during his duties and left the Church to protect us and shield us, and only rejoins because we've gotten the Churches attention. He'll die protecting us when fleeing from the Church once we learn the truth about them. It's cliche but whatever I still enjoy it and if handled well would make for an emotional and poignant moment fleeing from a bridge or something as he single handedly takes on a whole company of soldiers.
  2. He's not our father, but is an agent of the Church, and was assigned guardianship over us and once the inciting event takes place he remains fully committed to the Church and becomes an early Boss we must overcome. Few better ways to set the mood than having to kill the man who raised you and it would be nice to get it out of the way early on and not leave for the end like the last three games. Ok thinking on it now we've fought our "father" in Awakening, Fates and SoV. Maybe they should just go with option 1.

Dark_Castle

Oct 27, 2017
So he's not that much of a Greil character and actually rejoins the order he was part of before, while his kid joins the academy as a teacher.
I really hope he doesn't die like right at the start of the game like Greil. I've always wanted to see more JRPG to not use dead parents cliche, especially after people see the reveal trailer and straight up predict that he'll die just like Greil. Make him a bad guy, make him an npc, I don't care.

Menx64

Oct 30, 2017

Translation:

Bio:

Thanks for the information, looking good!!

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Jeralt's line from the video looks to be classic misdirection. He's knows more than he's letting on but is playing dumb and just giving meathead advice like fighting is all that matters. I assume he's talking about Sothis there too and this takes place right at the start after we encounter her and the Lords for the first time.

Apr 21, 2018
Why are the advertising so little of the actual SRPG map-battle gameplay. Isn't that the meat and potatoes of the series? Have I been doing it wrong?

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Why are the advertising so little of the actual SRPG map-battle gameplay. Isn't that the meat and potatoes of the series? Have I been doing it wrong?
Twitter updates related to characters when the release is still over two months out is hardly ignoring the gameplay.

Mr. Pointy

Oct 28, 2017
Since the protagonist's dad is Jeralt, I'm hoping this game is ripe for some Witcher 3 crossover DLC with goofy skits.

Ryengeku

Oct 26, 2017
Georgia, US
I'm a big proponent of story/lore/characters in any game but it's Fire Emblem. They've given info on some of the major changes to the formula already in the last direct and it's also still 2 to 3 months away as well.

Last edited:

Chalphy

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Fire Emblem built it's reputation on being games where everyone has a name and face, unlike Famicom Wars. Showcasing the characters on Twitter is completely in character for the franchise.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
They'll want to address the gameplay in a blowout trailer anyway, since they're probably making some kind of change with the battalion shit.

There's serious dead eyes on all the character models >.< They haven't had to really deal with that before, although the face-rubbing from Fates didn't suffer from the same issue, despite having high detail models:

source.gif

Those were live2d I guess.

Last edited:

Yata

Feb 1, 2019
Spain
Rhea's profile art is easily my favourite, she is so gorgeous. The dead eyes that I have complained in several of the other designs suit her perfectly.

This is the first thing that has made me excited. Wish she joined but she is looking like the villain.

The model looks meh, though.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Gameplay reveals likely will be in upcoming Famitsu reports. So, they're extending this reveal cycle with these bios and videos for each character.